Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 12:15:08 AM   
Andy Mac

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bif1961

Is Andy a Master Beta tester? Actually I was heavily invested in this with the other Japanese player. Don't worry about not being a good Japanese player, even the Japanese weren't good Japanese players.

True but I take their incompetence to a whole new level :)

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 31
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 3:45:26 AM   
jatzi

I mean I'd personally go for the win. It's not like taking any part of the west coast will happen any time soon so youd have time to enjoy it and do some cool stuff

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 32
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 5:57:13 AM   
CaptBeefheart

This is shaping up to be real interesting. I'm glad to see you take this on.

PH would take a lot of shore bombardment, but it's been done, as Q-Ball can attest. You probably will have to leave a good chunk of the KB in the area to keep PH from getting resupplied or reinforced, though.

Cheers,
CB

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 33
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 10:10:22 AM   
Andy Mac

OK the carnage continues off Sambas and have to say its a bit of a wake up call for me I thought I could move with impunity and the guys have punished me lesson learned

I invaded Wake and was repulsed today
Guam is still lingering
Hilo fell which is good

But I am going to slow down a bit - I think I caught buckfever and went into a few places with insufficient force going to reign myself back in and focus on PI and Malaya for next few turns

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 34
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 12:53:20 PM   
Andy Mac

NORPAC

Invaded 5 islands today no opposition small FT tF's did the job no problem

MALAYA

Army concentrating at mallaca Army Bombers and Av Support coming up just waiting for force to assemble

NORTH BORNEO

Disaster total screwup on my part Should take Mili tomorrow so I will hold Mili Sambas and Jesselton going to take a few days to rest and get my supply levels up before doing anything here

CELEBES

Kendari is mine he is keeping it suppressed at present but I have something that will change that shortly

CENTPAC

Guam still holds out will fall when I bring up BB TF's
Wake - Despite a full Div landing at Wake I didn't take the base may need to evac and come back later as its not worth having a Div stuck there
Hilo is mine so all the big island is mine waiting on supply convoys to arrive before next steps
Invaded Palmyra with an SNLF and got hung up going to evac and come back later
Christmas Island got ashore with an SNLF 2 more en route so will either fall this turn or in 3 - 4 days
Invading one of the other Hawaiian Islands with an SNLF going up against a Bn of the 298th
Baker island fell

So lots of small scale action a few invasions that I probably with hindsight shouldn't have tried (Wake had only one BB in support)

SWPAC
Assembling an invasion force to hit Rabaul - all North NG is mine no major issues just need to be carefull over his Carriers they are either here or in San Fran - I would prefer San Fran as I have lots of long range search in the area but I suspect they in NZ or Australian waters so Rabaul could be interesting - I have 2 KB TF's moving to support the invasion so this one at least will be properly mounted.

Andy

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 35
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 12:54:50 PM   
Andy Mac

PI

Still has 180 fighters at Clark but I am assembling a sledgehammer to crack it - Clark Field is open terrain - yes he has 100k men there but its bad ground to fight on !!!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 36
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 12:58:31 PM   
Andy Mac

Can I just say I hate playing as japan

Nothing is instinctive cm's on gun calibre rather than inches, having to worry about port sizes, not knowing instinctively what every LCU should be doing

its all just weird !!!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 37
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 2:18:58 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac
Clark Field is open terrain

Are you sure? Clark is Jungle-Rough with x3 defense multiplier in all the maps I played on

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 38
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 2:23:44 PM   
CV10

Glad to see you're doing an AAR: good luck!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 39
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 5:13:23 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Can I just say I hate playing as japan

Nothing is instinctive cm's on gun calibre rather than inches, having to worry about port sizes, not knowing instinctively what every LCU should be doing

its all just weird !!!

I think you got caught in one of the map's many "similar names confusion" traps. Mili is near Tarawa. Miri is the base on North Borneo. Just wait until you get to the Madang/Matang/Padang etc. trap!

Gun caliber can be estimated in two ways:
- divide the cm by 2.5
-benchmark on the inch sized guns you know and remember the equivalent cms : 16" ~ 40 , 14" ~ 35 , 8" ~ 20, 6" ~ 15 , 5" ~ 12.7 , 4" ~ 10 , 3" ~ 7.5 By this method, it is easy to guess that an 8.8cm gun is about 3.5" .

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 40
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 7:06:16 PM   
Andy Mac

OK much better set of turns

Pulled out of Plmyra after bad landing and concentrating on Christmas Island 1st

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on Christmas USN CPNAB , at 174,141 (Christmas Island)

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid spotted at 18 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 69
B5N1 Kate x 42
B5N2 Kate x 20
D3A1 Val x 40

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 1 damaged
D3A1 Val: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
162 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 17 disabled
Vehicles lost 7 (2 destroyed, 5 disabled)

OK I will admit this caused a sweat !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on TF, near Tabar Island at 109,120

Weather in hex: Light cloud

Raid detected at 47 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 21 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 63

Allied aircraft
F2A-3 Buffalo x 36
SB2U-3 Vindicator x 15

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
F2A-3 Buffalo: 7 destroyed
SB2U-3 Vindicator: 8 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
CV Akagi

Aircraft Attacking:
1 x SB2U-3 Vindicator releasing from 4000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb
But this is where it got fun !!!

Morning Air attack on TF, near Rabaul at 106,125

Raid detected at 56 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 20 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 103
B5N2 Kate x 39
D3A1 Val x 48

Allied aircraft
F2A-3 Buffalo x 15

Japanese aircraft losses
D3A1 Val: 1 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F2A-3 Buffalo: 8 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Le Malin, Bomb hits 1, on fire
DD L'Indomptable, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Kersaint, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires
DD Tartu, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
DD Darwin
DD Vauban
DD Bundaberg, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Tartu
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Kersaint
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Bundaberg

And again !!!! :)

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Rabaul at 106,125

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 76 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 28 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 103
B5N2 Kate x 109
D3A1 Val x 112

Allied aircraft
F2A-3 Buffalo x 5

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 6 damaged
D3A1 Val: 3 damaged

Allied aircraft losses
F2A-3 Buffalo: 3 destroyed

Allied Ships
DD Kersaint, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Darwin, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Le Malin, Bomb hits 6, and is sunk
DD Tartu, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
DD Vauban, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
DD Bundaberg, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk

Ground combat at Miri (64,87)

Japanese Deliberate attack
Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 1)
Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Ground combat at Tuguegarao (82,74)
Japanese Deliberate attack
Japanese forces CAPTURE Tuguegarao !!!

Ground combat at Kiska Island (157,51)
Japanese forces CAPTURE Kiska Island !!!

Ground combat at Amchitka Island (158,52)
Japanese forces CAPTURE Amchitka Island !!!

Ground combat at Atka Island (164,52)
Japanese forces CAPTURE Atka Island !!!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 41
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 7:09:31 PM   
Andy Mac

last turn I ran a TF of subs that were supposed to avoid the Singapore hex right into the MF I lost 3 subs with 6 damaged I put them in one TF so I could CAREFULLY route them round the minefield,......well that didn't happen bugger

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 42
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:09:48 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Observations on the Mod

It looks like basically Ironman Tier3 plus some extra goodies like the Liz heavy bomber

Its total utter bonkers

On the allied side extremely more capable navy and air but not massive difference at start to land units other than the emergency reinforcements are off map at start - so the allies get c 10 Divs extra

BUT I counted I have 28 Unrestricted Divs at start and can take 2k (4 - 5 Divs) out of Manchuria so in 2 months I can offset all the reinforcements allies get and still have 28 unrestricted division (+15 or so Unrestricted Indepenndent Bdes !!)

The economy is hypercharged and I have a lot of extra Air and naval assets as well too many to count in all honesty

I remember reading an old Soviet Joke about 3 Soviet Tank Generals drinking champagne in Paris after WW3 - one says to the other by the way who won the air war ??

Only if they would have surrendered!

That's what it feels like I have soooo many LCU's its beyond belief

Keep your ships out of ports if they are in range of 4Es and even 2Es if possible.

I think that the Chinese port is Wuchang, it is between Shanghai and Amoy. Bomb the port in an attempt to destroy the Chinese fuel so the Chinese HI won't produce as many supplies.

If you are not going for auto victory, leave at least one level 1 airbase in the kamikaze activation range. Capture it on 2 January, 1944 . . .

Supersize extra float plane groups and train them on Low Nav. These can be your kamikaze pilots. Get their experience level up as well.

Every pilot that you pull out as a trainee will save HI but it will still cost you supplies to train them. If you put your experts in Tracom, your pilots will train faster saving HI. You can pull out the expert fighter pilots later and put them into night fighters.

Mostly importantly, have FUN!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 43
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:14:00 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Andy, good thing that you are so good at the AI scripts; not sure you would have made it as a beta-tester.

So shoot me I underestimated their air power - not used to the mod also slightly astonished at what 1 heavy cruiser managed to achieve

What? Shoot you? NEVER!!!

As for this mod, never played it as I never understood it … I'm a simple person and need things explained using small words …

Pax

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 44
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:17:06 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

quote:

The problem is I simply don't know how bad the PH guns are v an invasion as I have never tried it am I looking at 50% sunk of invasion force or worse ??

It's not that bad...figure on losing 2-3 transports a day while you are unloading. So unload fast. Anarcho vs. me managed to get 9 divisions ashore in OK-ish shape. He did lose a bunch of transports, but you have to break a few eggs to get an omelet

My CD guns rarely hit bombarding warships; if you set-up an AKE and refueling station on the Big Island, you can do daily bombardments.

So maybe PH is possible then

Very possible. someone just did it in an AAR .. I forget who and what scen/mod they were using ...

Pax

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 45
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:26:13 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Observations on the Mod

It looks like basically Ironman Tier3 plus some extra goodies like the Liz heavy bomber

Its total utter bonkers

On the allied side extremely more capable navy and air but not massive difference at start to land units other than the emergency reinforcements are off map at start - so the allies get c 10 Divs extra

BUT I counted I have 28 Unrestricted Divs at start and can take 2k (4 - 5 Divs) out of Manchuria so in 2 months I can offset all the reinforcements allies get and still have 28 unrestricted division (+15 or so Unrestricted Indepenndent Bdes !!)

The economy is hypercharged and I have a lot of extra Air and naval assets as well too many to count in all honesty

I remember reading an old Soviet Joke about 3 Soviet Tank Generals drinking champagne in Paris after WW3 - one says to the other by the way who won the air war ??

Keep your ships out of ports if they are in range of 4Es and even 2Es if possible.

I think that the Chinese port is Wuchang, it is between Shanghai and Amoy. Bomb the port in an attempt to destroy the Chinese fuel so the Chinese HI won't produce as many supplies.

If you are not going for auto victory, leave at least one level 1 airbase in the kamikaze activation range. Capture it on 2 January, 1944 . . .

Supersize extra float plane groups and train them on Low Nav. These can be your kamikaze pilots. Get their experience level up as well.

Every pilot that you pull out as a trainee will save HI but it will still cost you supplies to train them. If you put your experts in Tracom, your pilots will train faster saving HI. You can pull out the expert fighter pilots later and put them into night fighters.

I thought he was talking about the base next to Hankow - the two cities now combined to make Wuhan.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 46
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:36:28 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Observations on the Mod

Its total utter bonkers

I thought he was talking about the base next to Hankow - the two cities now combined to make Wuhan.

No, the one that I am referring to is on the coast. It also has HI so it will attract Chinese fuel. The AI likes to send damaged subs there.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 47
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:44:54 PM   
Lowpe

Olorin's invasion of Pearl on Feb 5th, pdu off scenario 2 dababes type mod.

- PH is finally indaved, 28 days later than originally planned.
- The beachhead is 2300 AV strong and in relatively good condition. Ironically the only division with 100% prep was the one to be disrupted the most(65). Disablements are acceptable.
- Losses to CD guns and mines: 7 DMS & 20 AMc trying to clear mines, about 30 10 knot xAKL and a couple of AMC.
- BB Fuso hits a mine (29 fl dmg).
- KB launches a port attack and hits the two remaining BBs pretty hard. Was hoping to get the 5 subs also in port, but they were shielded by the BBs.
- Will probably need 4-5 days to consolidate the beachhead. Ise, Hyuga & Yamashiro will conduct daily bombardments.

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 6/23/2020 8:46:35 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 48
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 8:55:47 PM   
PaxMondo

Yep, that was it, Olorin. And then he handed the game off … brilliant opening work though …

Pax

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 49
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/23/2020 9:23:03 PM   
Andy Mac

Hmmmmm ok well maybe I will try it sounds like I need a lot of AMc's which lets face it are expendable

AKL's I quite like but 30 of them for PH I would take that trade

Sounds like I need c 5 Divs to do it plus some armour let me see what I can rustle up

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 50
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/24/2020 11:15:39 AM   
PaxMondo

Andy, you would know best what taking PH would do to the AI ... I did it once and the game essentially ended as the AI didn't react too well to losing PH. Now that was an Ironman scen and maybe this scen AI doesn't use PH as a staging area as much ... I haven't done it since as I am not usually looking for a short game ...

Pax

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 51
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/24/2020 12:39:43 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Andy, you would know best what taking PH would do to the AI ... I did it once and the game essentially ended as the AI didn't react too well to losing PH. Now that was an Ironman scen and maybe this scen AI doesn't use PH as a staging area as much ... I haven't done it since as I am not usually looking for a short game ...

Not a concern since he has two opponents.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 52
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/27/2020 6:36:30 AM   
Andy Mac

On holiday so doing turns on laptop

So a few days have passed.

North Borneo continues to be a didaster I try to resupply he stops me with ight forces, and some nasty knife fights happening

I am concentrating in Clark Field and Malaca ready for the assault

Western A;eutians are mine

Rabaul is mine and PM should be hit tomorrow

A lot of effort on setting up resupply convoys and getting my logistics established and moving forward HQ's

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 53
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/30/2020 7:15:12 PM   
Andy Mac

OK been away on holiday so been doing turns on laptop - not a good idea !!!

North Borneo still a car crash - Sambas and Singkawang remain a pit but I have decided not to throw good money after bad for now and will concentrate elsewhere

Malaya now under control bomber bases established and starting the move to Singapore

Clark is under constant bombing and I am planning a second attack soon

PM is invested by 16th Div - the extra shore guns caught me by surprise at PM so I am marching over the Owen Stanleys other forces - a supply TF will move to resupply the whole Army in about 10 days

Control has been challenging on a laptop so next few turns back on my desktop will help me regain control I hope !!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 54
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 6/30/2020 9:28:37 PM   
PaxMondo

Pax

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 55
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 7/1/2020 4:59:21 PM   
Bif1961

Monitor size does matter

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 56
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 7/6/2020 12:28:53 PM   
Andy Mac

It does I made so many mistakes between Dec 23rd and Jan 10th turns just by not having proper monitor made it so hard to do turns

Anyway situation continues to develop

Decided to try PH getting all the pieces into place will take time but going to try an invasion in a month or so

PM has been resupplied and reinforced and when my Div walking over the Owen Stanleys arrives will be ready to try an attack - the co op reinforced the base so should be a nice haul when I take it.

Clark has had 3 attacks each one reducing forts but relative AV remains nasty

Singapore 1st attack with Southern HQ in support range achieved 121 so that was good

Andy

(in reply to Bif1961)
Post #: 57
RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op - 7/7/2020 7:52:00 PM   
Andy Mac

OK a couple of failed attacks 21st Jan - tried Singapore again and failed and PM but I expect nice hauls when I take them and I will eventually

130,000 troops at Singapore and 50,000 at PM will be a nice haul

Apart from that relatively quiet turns as I redeploy for the invasion of Pearl Harbour

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 58
A good Day - 7/8/2020 11:31:28 AM   
Andy Mac

Sometimes you have good days !!!

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Jan 22, 42

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Soerabaja at 55,103

Raid detected at 79 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 29 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 123
B5N1 Kate x 30
B5N2 Kate x 129
D3A1 Val x 99

Allied aircraft
Martlet II x 13
B-339D x 23
CW-21B Demon x 46
H-75A-4 Hawk x 13
P-40B Warhawk x 14
F2A-3 Buffalo x 10
H-75A-4P x 4
Morane MS410 x 6
F2A-3P Buffalo x 103
Breguet Br697 x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 3 destroyed
B5N1 Kate: 4 destroyed, 6 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 19 destroyed, 22 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 2 destroyed by flak
D3A1 Val: 4 destroyed, 22 damaged
D3A1 Val: 2 destroyed by flak

Allied aircraft losses
Martlet II: 1 destroyed
B-339D: 1 destroyed
CW-21B Demon: 1 destroyed
P-40B Warhawk: 1 destroyed
F2A-3 Buffalo: 1 destroyed
H-75A-4P: 1 destroyed
F2A-3P Buffalo: 5 destroyed

Allied Ships
CVL Hermes, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
CVL Bearn, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, heavy fires
CVL Jura, Bomb hits 1
CVL Toulon, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
CVL Languedoc, Torpedo hits 6, and is sunk
BB Jean Bart, Bomb hits 4, Torpedo hits 3
CL Gloire
DD Terrible, Bomb hits 1
BB Provence, Bomb hits 10, Torpedo hits 3, on fire, heavy damage
CVL Nike, Bomb hits 4, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
CVL Rousillon, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires
DD Le Hardi
DD Fantasque, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CLAA Salamander, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk
CLAA Eenhoorn
CLAA Graaf Willem
DD Triomphant, Bomb hits 3, on fire
CL Georges Leygues
DD Guepard
CLAA Gelderland

Aircraft Attacking:
5 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 250 kg SAP Bomb
23 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
Naval Attack: 1 x 18in Type 91 Torpedo
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 250 kg GP Bomb
6 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
10 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
19 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
8 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
20 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
16 x B5N2 Kate launching torpedoes at 200 feet
14 x B5N1 Kate bombing from 10000 feet
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb
10 x B5N1 Kate bombing from 10000 feet
11 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 10000 feet
1 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
11 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
Naval Attack: 1 x 250 kg GP Bomb
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
7 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 1000'
6 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
11 x D3A1 Val releasing from 2000'
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
4 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'

CAP engaged:
No.900 Sqn FAA with Martlet II (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(13 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
5 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 8 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 15000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 15000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 14 minutes
1-Vl.G.IV with H-75A-4 Hawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(13 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 13 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 12 minutes
3-Vl.G.IV with B-339D (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(14 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
4 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 25 minutes
3 planes vectored on to bombers
2-VI.G.V with B-339D (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(9 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 5 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 20000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 20000.
3-VI.G.V with CW-21B Demon (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(15 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
1 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 14 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 9 minutes
6-Vl.G.II with CW-21B Demon (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(17 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 13 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
7-Vl.G.I with CW-21B Demon (4 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(14 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 35 minutes
4 planes vectored on to bombers
Far East PG/2nd PS with P-40B Warhawk (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(7 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
2 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 1 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 23 minutes
Far East PG/3rd PS with P-40B Warhawk (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(7 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 5 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 27 minutes
FAFL GC I/3 with Morane MS410 (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(6 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 3 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 13 minutes
FAFL GC IV/3 with H-75A-4P (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(4 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 2 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Group patrol altitude is 10000 , scrambling fighters between 0 and 10000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 5 minutes
FAFL GC V/3 with Breguet Br697 (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(6 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 6 being recalled, 0 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 6 minutes
VMF-1011 with F2A-3 Buffalo (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
(10 plane(s) diverted to support CAP in hex.)
0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 4 being recalled, 4 out of immediate contact.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 22 minutes
4 planes vectored on to bombers
GC 1.01 Bearn with F2A-3P Buffalo (0 airborne, 8 on standby, 10 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 13000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 28 minutes
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 6000 and 13000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 29 minutes
GC 1.01 Bearn with F2A-3P Buffalo (0 airborne, 7 on standby, 9 scrambling)
Group patrol altitude is 8000 , scrambling fighters between 8000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 31 minutes
GC 1.01 Bearn with F2A-3P Buffalo (3 airborne, 8 on standby, 10 scrambling)
3 plane(s) intercepting now.
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 11000 and 16000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 30 minutes
8 planes vectored on to bombers
Group patrol altitude is 13000 , scrambling fighters between 7000 and 18000.
Time for all group planes to reach interception is 32 minutes

Ammo storage explosion on CVL Bearn
Ammo storage explosion on CVL Hermes
Ammo storage explosion on CVL Rousillon
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring CVL Rousillon
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Bearn class CVL
Ammo storage explosion on CVL Toulon
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring DD Fantasque
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring an Allied CA
Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Charlotte class CVL
Massive explosion on DD Terrible

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Soerabaja at 58,102

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 26 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 127
E13A1 Jake x 2
E7K2 Alf x 1
F1M2 Pete x 3

Allied aircraft
Swordfish I x 36
SBC-4 FF Helldiver x 72

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
Swordfish I: 26 destroyed
SBC-4 FF Helldiver: 22 destroyed

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 59
RE: A good Day - 7/8/2020 11:37:02 AM   
scondon87

That was certainly a good day! Did the CVLs have any bigger friends nearby?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Andy Mac v the Co-Op Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI