Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/27/2020 6:33:49 PM   
ZiggyMaca

I would like to see a map layer option to draw a line to all subordinates of a HQ no matter which unit you choose of that organization. Also would like to see a range circle option on the HQ for effect range. Would be nice to have a key shortcuts that cycled just units in a OHQ, and a key that cycled though all the OHQs.

Thanks,
P.

< Message edited by ZiggyMaca -- 6/27/2020 6:34:27 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/27/2020 9:21:17 PM   
GodwinW

You know you can color-code them?

(in reply to ZiggyMaca)
Post #: 2
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/28/2020 11:18:59 AM   
ZiggyMaca

Yes I do, and I know the border of subordinates become colored when selected, but with large counters selected they can be hidden under a stack. Actually, the line can be color coded to show range from HQ effect, so a line with that feature would get rid of the suggestion for a range circle. I think if you could have a key that cycles though subordinates of OHQs, and a key to cycle though OHQs that would remove the need to having to use the OOB to see and select subordinates, and that would suit me very well. Just suggestions to make it easier to select subordinates and see organizations and better HQ range effect (I don't think that's displayed at all except for the bottom unit tab in text, is that right?)

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 3
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/28/2020 3:55:21 PM   
Gozzon

You can jump to each unit by selecting one of the units and opening the OOB view the HQ unit belongs to will be open and unit will be selected. Then you can then click on each unit to jump to them.
Slower than a hotkey but will do for now. Also when selecting another unit you need to close and reopen the OOB for it to refresh

(in reply to ZiggyMaca)
Post #: 4
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/28/2020 5:17:31 PM   
Atros

Basically you run out of clearly separable colors very fast and thus when you chose OHQ having lines drawn to its sub-units would be preferable, similar to Hearts of Iron III. I strongly agree with the proposition.

Why it really doesn't help if you can move with a key between the units is that it really isn't an easy way to get a clear picture where all the subunits of the HQ are positioned, which makes strategising harder.

(in reply to Gozzon)
Post #: 5
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/29/2020 8:37:32 PM   
Sarissofoi

You know what would be great?
If for example Brigade with number 1 have subunits that have number 11,12,13,14 and 15.
Brigade 2 have 21,22,23,24 and 25.
Brigade 15 have subunits 151,152,153,154 and 155 etc.
It would really help fast track OHQ and units.

(in reply to Atros)
Post #: 6
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/29/2020 11:46:48 PM   
LordAldrich

Or let us rename them! I can change the name of the units, but it doesn't change the number on their tile on the map.

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 7
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/30/2020 8:30:44 AM   
Atros

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

If for example Brigade with number 1 have subunits that have number 11,12,13,14 and 15.

Agreed. The official NATO-numbering would be something similar anyways. Still in addition to that I would like to see HOI3-style lines drawn to subordinate units when OHQ is selected.

They could also give the rank "Marshal" to all SHQ commanders and "General" to all OHQ commanders, as all the OHQ units (except brigade, which can be commanded by Brigadier or Colonel) would be commanded by General ranked officers and SHQ, which is practically a front or theatre, would be commanded by Field Marshal or higher ranking Marshal.

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 8
RE: OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection - 6/30/2020 10:59:53 PM   
MatthewVilter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordAldrich

Or let us rename them! I can change the name of the units, but it doesn't change the number on their tile on the map.

YES please!

(in reply to Atros)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> OHQ Sub Unit Visibility and Selection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI