Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RANDOM Values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> RANDOM Values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RANDOM Values - 6/29/2020 10:33:45 AM   
FlashXAron_slith

.. so that are really out of what make sense ...
10th turn, AI Major Nation suddenly changes all his inf troops to GAUSS Rifles in an epic research game ...

and of course that range of many Strategic cards from 1d100 are insane, where you could get a terrible fail and 50% of your people die, to a result where all people suddenly love you ...

So the whole game could be ruined with a few random events, where you could nothing do ...
that is not, what a 4x game stands for !

combined with that long turn times, it is a waste to even try to play the game !

That game is really terrible unbalanced in some parts ...
First at all, it should never be possible to gain a free tech and use it , if I wouldn't be able to research it normal...

so you should only DISCOVER techs BUT that discovered techs could only be researched , if I would be able to DISCOVER it in a normal way, so if I discover GAUSS rifles with a random event, i could only research or use it, if I had researched everything before ...

that should be with all random events , the outcome should be CHANGED depending , how the nation situation is and not depending on pure 1d100 rolls ...

and once again an OPTION (for all trolls, have you understand that last word ?) to reduce the range of random events . like panzer corps 2 has it.

< Message edited by FlashXAron_slith -- 6/29/2020 10:38:34 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: RANDOM Values - 6/29/2020 2:54:24 PM   
zgrssd

"so you should only DISCOVER techs BUT that discovered techs could only be researched , if I would be able to DISCOVER it in a normal way"
Has been that way since the 1.03 beta. 1.04 just came out.

Plus, last I heard the AI does not use the stratagems that could grant that anyway.

(in reply to FlashXAron_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: RANDOM Values - 6/30/2020 7:43:36 AM   
FlashXAron_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

"so you should only DISCOVER techs BUT that discovered techs could only be researched , if I would be able to DISCOVER it in a normal way"
Has been that way since the 1.03 beta. 1.04 just came out.

Plus, last I heard the AI does not use the stratagems that could grant that anyway.

hhhmm started the game with 1.0.3 ... beta 10 ...

and Major Nation had GAUSS GUNS already researched AND used for all his troops in turn 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So from where he got that and even the IP and resources to upgrade all his troops ...

and now in Turn 40 I found "Atom Bomb 10MT" and could choose it to be researched , because of EPIC research at least I only advance around 6% per turn , with 5 towns ...

but stopped now, as that nation with Gauss Guns already has conquered close the rest of the map ...

anyway has to stop, because it wasn't fun, neither for the other Major PC Nations :-)

< Message edited by FlashXAron_slith -- 6/30/2020 7:52:39 AM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: RANDOM Values - 6/30/2020 9:59:53 AM   
Atros

Yes, the RNG is for times quite insane and that is exactly why I suggested quick save and quick load to be added.

Personally I run a scripts for quick load if I happen to do something especially dumb or not intended during a turn, as well as save-scumming script for the strategem cards to mitigate their RNG. I usually allow myself three or five rerolls tops to limit the time rerolled, except for leader generation and reloads for idiotic mistakes during turns.

(in reply to FlashXAron_slith)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> RANDOM Values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI