Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI Ignorning Raiders?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AI Ignorning Raiders? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI Ignorning Raiders? - 7/5/2020 5:30:55 PM   
LordOfPants

I played the European SC a lot, and recently bought this version and the WWI one. In my first game, I played the 1939 scenario as Germany/Italy and sent the two heavy cruisers off to raid ports. They moved into the 'bombardment' hexes, one in Canada and one in South Africa. I was expecting them to die fairly quickly, but the AI didn't seem to realize they even existed. The one near Canada just hung out blockading the port until the US entered and finally sank them, and the one off South Africa was still around in 1945 when I ended the game (Defeated Russia, Japan was collapsing, was destroying US/UK in France).

Seems like an oversight in some of the AI scripts to me.
Post #: 1
RE: AI Ignorning Raiders? - 7/5/2020 8:09:32 PM   
Torplexed

quote:

ORIGINAL: LordOfPants
Seems like an oversight in some of the AI scripts to me.

I've noticed much the same thing. It could be the AI puts a higher priority on blockading the North Sea and Mediterranean and chasing U-Boats off convoy lanes. Capetown is a long way off the beaten path and once that German cruiser has reduced its port MPP value from five to zero you can't reduce it anymore no matter how long you stay there. As for Canada there is no Canadian navy at start and when does finally get its first naval units a few turns in they are only destroyers which wouldn't be able to dislodge a cruiser without help.

In a previous game I had the German CA Deutschland sitting off Halifax for quite a few turns. Eventually, the British cruisers Belfast and Sheffield showed up to damage it, but I can't recall how long that took.

(in reply to LordOfPants)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AI Ignorning Raiders? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI