Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Fast Should China Fall?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> How Fast Should China Fall? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Fast Should China Fall? - 7/7/2020 7:41:04 PM   
WindowsMEXP

Hey Folks,

I searched the forums and I didn't find an answer, so my apologies if this has been answered already.

I'm finishing up my second game against the AI as the Axis. It's not looking good for Germany with Russia hitting hard in the East and the W. Allies landing a massive force in the west. Definitely have ideas from this forum about what to do next time.

My questions though concern Japan. I am wondering how fast Japan should be able to take down China. It's the Summer of 1944 in this game and China is on the ropes. Their morale is low, Burma has fallen, and Japan has more units (with more experience and technology).

My questions are: ideally how fast should China fall to Japan? I know conventional wisdom says France should fall by Spring 1940. Is there conventional wisdom about when China should fall? Is it reasonable to have Japan roll China and then help Germany against the Soviets? Or is the war in the West generally decided by the time Japan gets through China? In this game, Japan has taken Hawaii, DEI, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Burma, New Guinea, and are pushing heavily into India. So, I've taken a definite southern direction, could China have fallen sooner with a concentration of forces in China?

Post #: 1
RE: How Fast Should China Fall? - 7/7/2020 7:53:55 PM   
Marcinos1985

Yes, it could fall sooner, but taking into account your other gains, you are more than ok (in Asia ofc).
I don't think you can call an exact date, be it 1943 or 1944. Getting to Urumchi will take a long time, even if China is close to KO. But I think a real benchmark is cutting them off from US help. Namely, you should take those southern cities (Nanning, Kweichow, Kunming - I don't know if Wanning matters) by 1941. Just before US restarts their help, suspended after Fall of France.
Witout additional MPP's from USA, it's probably game over for China, they won't be able to sustain losses. Unless ofc Japan is heavily distracted, some kind of "Pacific first" strategy.
Last but not least - Japan can attack USSR before China falls, taking Vladivostok is easy and deprives Russia of 80 MPP's, so it should be done, no matter what is going on in China.

(in reply to WindowsMEXP)
Post #: 2
RE: How Fast Should China Fall? - 7/7/2020 8:17:16 PM   
ThunderLizard11

I don't bother taking down China. Not worth it and Japan has other priorities like taking DEI, Phillipines, etc. and Pearl Harbor attack.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 3
RE: How Fast Should China Fall? - 7/8/2020 3:52:29 PM   
WindowsMEXP

If Vladivostok is taken, is it easy to hold because the Soviets are tied up with Germany (hopefully)?

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 4
RE: How Fast Should China Fall? - 7/10/2020 1:34:41 AM   
ThunderLizard11

quote:

ORIGINAL: WindowsMEXP

If Vladivostok is taken, is it easy to hold because the Soviets are tied up with Germany (hopefully)?

Yes - you can hold with a garrison unit and move the rest of your forces East to take further Soviet land

(in reply to WindowsMEXP)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> How Fast Should China Fall? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI