Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Info?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Unit Info? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 12:54:40 AM   
Daza99

Just have some questions about some of the information on a unit's icon when you click on it and get other info about it in the window eg. readiness, morale, logistics etc.

I believe #4 is state of Supply? as you see the icon on the map.

2# is how many units, in this case is 1000?

#3/ #5/ #1 I am not sure about.

Post #: 1
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 1:24:11 AM   
Ayus

#3 is readyness and #1 is the Number of the Unit (so 8th Infantry *whatever is under brigade*). Just from my memory...but im pretty sure about it.
#5 i dont know, maybe AP or sth? :)

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 1:48:36 AM   
lloydster4

Ayus is correct. Just to add that the color scale for readiness goes Green (best) -> yellow -> blue -> red (worst).

#5 is remaining AP. Each block represents 10 AP.

(in reply to Ayus)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 10:00:29 AM   
Daza99

Okay thanks guys :)

Will update the image..

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 10:22:34 AM   
Jdane

I like this bluish green hue.

FYI there was already a guide about this in the War Room, but it unfortunately got buried in the second page.

But I like your image.

And by the way, the length of the readiness bar also indicates the unit's integrity, i.e. if it's missing sub-units, the bar will be shorter.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 7/11/2020 10:23:35 AM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 5
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 6:16:45 PM   
Malevolence

Updated the guide.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 6
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 9:51:44 PM   
Daza99

Updated image as per feedback. Hopefully the Readiness additional text makes sense? or could be worded better?

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 7
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 10:29:40 PM   
Jdane

Maybe « Shorter length » rather than « Length < » ?
Or « Bar length = Unit integrity » to stay consistent with the terminology in the Unit Admin Screen ?

Also, as Malevolence pointed out in the other topic, 8 is actually the serial number. It could be the 8th battalion from the 2nd brigade as well as the 8th independent regiment, for example.

You might want to squeeze in another line pointing to the NATOish symbol, in this case it represents an Infantry MG battalion if I'm not mistaken.
(II on the upper side of the symbol standing for battalion in NATO symbology, Infantry MG because it's the NATO symbol for infantry with the lower quadrant greyed out Shadow Empire style. It might also be a NATO convention but if that's the case I'm not aware of it - I'm far from an expert on this topic.)

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 8
RE: Unit Info? - 7/11/2020 11:35:08 PM   
Daza99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jdane

Maybe « Shorter length » rather than « Length < » ?
Or « Bar length = Unit integrity » to stay consistent with the terminology in the Unit Admin Screen ?

Also, as Malevolence pointed out in the other topic, 8 is actually the serial number. It could be the 8th battalion from the 2nd brigade as well as the 8th independent regiment, for example.

You might want to squeeze in another line pointing to the NATOish symbol, in this case it represents an Infantry MG battalion if I'm not mistaken.
(II on the upper side of the symbol standing for battalion in NATO symbology, Infantry MG because it's the NATO symbol for infantry with the lower quadrant greyed out Shadow Empire style. It might also be a NATO convention but if that's the case I'm not aware of it - I'm far from an expert on this topic.)

Yes you are right Jdane. Looking in-game now, they are of 2nd MG Infantry Brigade. Ok, I am currently focused learning more indepth the OOB side of the game now. Just to be sure i am on the right track..what i gather so far..

So when we Raise a Formation on the OOB you will see for example 5thINF this is a Brigade made up of 4-5 Battalions, which each has a Serial Number. Each Battalion has a Serial number that goes +1 for each new same type of Battalion (looks like 5 per Brigade is created).

So MG Infantry will sequentially have a +1 serial number, if the next Brigade is a RPG Infantry Formation/Battalion the serial number will start at 1 (if that is the first created RPG Battalion), you then create a Siege Infantry Formation/Battalion for the first time, the 5 Battalions in that formation will start with serial number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. And any you more Siege Battalions you create in future will continue sequentially the serial number (6, 7, 8, 9, 10) for that type of Battalion regardless if it is in a different Brigade correct?

So if i reword the graphic info to "Battalion Serial Number (sequential to Batt. type)"
would that make sense?

< Message edited by Daza99 -- 7/11/2020 11:41:39 PM >

(in reply to Jdane)
Post #: 9
RE: Unit Info? - 7/12/2020 10:16:29 AM   
Jdane

As far as I know, the regular army formations (i.e. brigade, corps, and armies) belong to the same series, which is not split by OOB types. Such as you could have the 1st MG Infantry Brigade, with battalions 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, then the 2nd Motorized Light Infantry Brigade with battalions 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

Then you have the independent units (i.e. the ones you raise without an OHQ initially) which belong to different series for each OOB type. Such as the 1st Independent Recon Battalion, then the 1st Independent MG Battalion, then the 2nd Recon Battalion, then the 1st Light Infantry Regiment, then the 1st and 2nd Light Armour Battalions.

Lastly militia units have a serial number and are split in series depending on which Zone spawned them, but the numbers are only used in the unit's name, since the unit counter will display an M in the upper right corner, standing for Militia.

As for your needs, I would maybe suggest something along the lines of
« Unit serial number
e.g. 8th battalion from the 2nd brigade
or 8th independent regiment unit of a given type ».

Unfortunately I'm failing at finding a terser way to say it.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 7/12/2020 10:20:23 AM >

(in reply to Daza99)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Unit Info? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI