Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/20/2020 4:02:46 PM   
Franklondon

Can someone advise please if they have experienced the same and know the solution.

I'm playing as Allies in a game and we are now at the end of 1941 / start 1942. My opponent did a turn this morning and I jumped onto the laptop to respond just before lunch.. I duly did and clicked End Turn.

I then went off to do something, returned to find the warmap still on screen. Obviously I thought a failed upload except on inspection this was not the case. The date has moved on 2 weeks and it is now 2 January 1942. To my horror, I have the Axis player screen uploaded onto my laptop.

I have alerted my opponent. If I click End Turn then he will lose the advantage of that turn. Further he may come back as Allies.

So the date has moved on and the players' roles have flipped. What has happened ?
Post #: 1
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/20/2020 9:05:33 PM   
ncc1701e

I have sometimes this problem of side switching during PBEM. Usually this is because something goes wrong in your game. Try to copy/paste the error that are present in the files in the following directory:
C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow\Kraken Studios\WarPlan

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Franklondon)
Post #: 2
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/20/2020 9:07:18 PM   
ncc1701e

If this is happening, close your game without ending your turn. Usually, you will be able to download again and replay your turn.
UI bugs, for example, produce this.

You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/20/2020 9:43:05 PM   
Franklondon

Hi

I have sent PM and email of these files. Hopefully the answer lies within.

Frank

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 4
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/21/2020 2:54:58 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Did you send it to ME?

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 5
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/21/2020 4:43:47 PM   
ncc1701e

No to me.
LOL, after open beta tester, I am the support level 1.

Here is Frank's PM (I have removed his email address):

config file:

{"analytics":{"enabled":true},"connect":{"limit_user_tracking":false,"player_opted_out":false,"enabled":true},"performance":{"enabled":true}}

values file:

{"config_etag":"","app_info_hash":1042423170,"app_installed":true,"engine_ver":"2017.4.40f1","app_ver":"1.0","custom_event_time":0,"custom_event_count":0}

output_log file:

Initialize engine version: 2017.4.40f1 (6e14067f8a9a)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design (ID=0x1c8c)
Vendor: NVIDIA
VRAM: 4021 MB
Driver: 26.21.14.4270
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in 0.079 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

XInput1_3.dll not found. Trying XInput9_1_0.dll instead...
<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 2.213200 ms
Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 0.378900 ms

Unloading 20 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1253.
Total: 31.390600 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.143900 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.031100 ms MarkObjects: 30.216100 ms DeleteObjects: 0.999000 ms)

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Users\NEWLAP_1\Documents\My Games\WarPlan\options.dat" is denied.
at System.IO.FileStream.FlushBuffer (System.IO.Stream st) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream.FlushBuffer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "C:\Users\NEWLAP_1\Documents\My Games\WarPlan\SavedGames\pbemUpload.sav"
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Game.SaveGame (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GameMenu.EventTurnProcess () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at GameMenu.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Not sure this is related.

@Franklondon, for your information, @Alvaro is the only designer of the game. I am just trying to help but Alvaro is the one to debug.

Thanks for your PM.

Cheers

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 6
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/22/2020 3:19:37 PM   
AlvaroSousa

100% a corrupt game.

Can you give the me IDs or your actual PBEM names so I can find and restore.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 7
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/23/2020 4:42:47 PM   
Franklondon

All

This matter appears to be resolved by restoring earlier version 1.06. I am back at the turn commencement before failure.

What seemed to have happened in my case is that end turn calcs are done but the upload does not appear to succeed although you are not advised. It seems sits on your own PC and happily moves on 2 weeks etc. All rather odd not least as I have a second game with another opponent that is on the same turn as the first and it also failed.

Post #: 8
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/23/2020 5:41:21 PM   
AlvaroSousa

That is very strange. There were some changes from v6 to v7 that were critical between games.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 9
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/23/2020 7:19:18 PM   
Harrybanana

I just experienced this exact same thing in one of my pbem games and Sveint reported the same issue in one of his AARs (I forget which). The solution for me was to do a restart by shutting down my computer and then reloading and redoing my turn. I reported the restart to my opponent. This is a pretty big problem because I believe I could have (but didn't) looked at all my opponent's units, production, tech, etc. The scariest thing is that at I first I just thought that I hadn't hit the end of turn icon correctly and almost hit it again. Had I done so I assume it would have ended my opponent's turn without him doing anything and the game would effectively have been lost.

Post #: 10
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/24/2020 5:17:34 AM   
malkarma

I'm Harrybanana opponent. Just suffer the same error in our game. I will send you a mail with the crsh report and the ID of the game.

(in reply to Harrybanana)
Post #: 11
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/24/2020 3:01:20 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Very odd this week about 3x as many people reported problems with the server. There are ~160 games running currently. I wonder if something messed up on the Matrix side.

The server dumps I can't do anything about that is not on me.

I have been trying to find a way to save a turn and let it upload later without someone being able to game it and cheat.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to malkarma)
Post #: 12
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/24/2020 4:12:25 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

quote:

I have been trying to find a way to save a turn and let it upload later without someone being able to game it and cheat.

ATG (Advanced Tactics Gold) has an option for pbem to put a player password in, so the turn can't be opened without the password. Maybe something like that for pbem.

JRR

Post #: 13
RE: Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! - 7/24/2020 7:35:24 PM   
kennonlightfoot

Had this happen to me just yesterday. It took me by surprise so I didn't try to analyze how it happened. Just used to Task manager to kill WarPlan and restarted. Had to repeat my move but nothing seems to be permanently wrong. I was more worried about the game being played getting corrupted. But it acted like the "End of Turn" switched it to "Hot Seat" mode. Next time I will pay more attention and see if it tried to upload first.

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support >> Turn Error - Allied Player Upload Returns as Axis ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI