Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/23/2020 10:48:43 PM   
tinjaw

Overall my military units have low morale, I have increased their pay but that hasn't done enough to raise the overall moral level of my troops.
Post #: 1
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/23/2020 10:51:59 PM   
Twotribes

Not sure but my troops suffered a big morale loss due to me using the annexation card and the next turn with no action other then fighting the new enemy my overall moral went up 4 points. So something effects them besides pay.

(in reply to tinjaw)
Post #: 2
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/23/2020 11:36:40 PM   
Malevolence

Win victories. Avoid retreat.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/23/2020 11:41:30 PM   
eddieballgame

Your Commander's 'Leadership' skill has an impact on troops morale under his/her command.

< Message edited by eddieballgame -- 7/24/2020 4:07:23 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/23/2020 11:59:44 PM   
tinjaw

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

Win victories. Avoid retreat.

They are not doing much fighting. Do I have to always keep fighting to keep their morale up? Why? I am at peace with 85% of the regimes on the map. I am going for a win by other than complete military domination.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 5
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/24/2020 2:14:45 AM   
lloydster4

How low?

(in reply to tinjaw)
Post #: 6
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/24/2020 3:18:42 AM   
Lovenought

I think the happiness of their OHQ leader also affects morale.

(in reply to lloydster4)
Post #: 7
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/24/2020 1:21:21 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

Overall my military units have low morale, I have increased their pay but that hasn't done enough to raise the overall moral level of my troops.

Overall, Morale and readiness are often affected in the same ways. What get's down one, will get down the other.

What gets it down:
- Radiation and other Environmental Hazards. You got Morale and readiness penalties long before you start getting actuall casualties.
- pinned and retreat combat results
- poor supplies
- casualties

What gets it up/high:
- high veterancy
- good Leadership skill roll
- HQ leaders using "Lead from the Front" at personal risk
- various Unit feats
- Heart-40 and Heart-70 Regime Feats

What it does:
- avoid "Capitulation" and "Panic Retreat" Check Failures in combat
- "Average Morale of Troops" has 1 Share on the Natural Relations Point for the HQ Leader

Note that the starting point is ~50 and the value can go over 100.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/24/2020 10:38:53 PM >

(in reply to tinjaw)
Post #: 8
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/24/2020 7:40:31 PM   
Remington427

Encircle enemies and completely defeat them. On a normal difficulty game, my overall troop morale was floating around 75 to 85 points and I was paying my soldiers the absolute bare minimum.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 9
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 7/25/2020 8:45:37 PM   
PaxMondo

+1

Encircling really works for morale.

Pax

(in reply to Remington427)
Post #: 10
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 8/6/2020 12:52:00 AM   
tinjaw

All these are great ideas.... if you are actually fighting somebody. I am choosing to live peacefully. In fact, tonight I allied with another major faction and won the game. I was at peace with everybody else.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 11
RE: What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? - 8/6/2020 1:16:07 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

All these are great ideas.... if you are actually fighting somebody. I am choosing to live peacefully. In fact, tonight I allied with another major faction and won the game. I was at peace with everybody else.

Heh, cakewalk Siwa planet full with space hippies? Try to be peaceful on planet like this (~8 "normal" raider minors on whole planet + were 11 majors on start):

Attachment (1)

(in reply to tinjaw)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> What increases soldier morale besides increasing pay? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI