Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I am giving up for a while

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> I am giving up for a while Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I am giving up for a while - 8/6/2020 2:45:19 AM   
morganja

Love the game, but the logistics has become ludicrously impossible. I have food. I have logistics. But for some reason, no food is being sent to any of my units, anywhere. Absolutely zero. There has to be some clue given somewhere. I love the game, but I don't have time in my life for spending hours trying to figure out why the nation just decided unilaterally to stop feeding my army.
I guess I'll come back to it when the logistics system comes with essential information.
Post #: 1
RE: I am giving up for a while - 8/6/2020 3:08:18 AM   
Destragon

Doesn't sound like a logistics issue. Sounds more like a running out of food issue.
You say you have food, but I'm guessing you actually only have the food in stock that you produced on that turn?

(in reply to morganja)
Post #: 2
RE: I am giving up for a while - 8/6/2020 3:57:41 AM   
ramnblam

If you haven't make sure you're patched to the latest version. The pull system introduced makes things a lot more intuitive. Your best tool to identifying logistic problems is the bottle necks overlay. If you have areas that are red or black you need more capacity on those lines. Upgrade truck stations and rail stations or build new ones. The likely scenario you are in is that the SHQ just does not have enough logistical capacity to keep up with demand. Remember logistic points are used when the Zones send resources to the SHQ and when the SHQ sends resources to the zones. When you have multiple interconnected cities and troops fighting on fronts thousands of km's away you can see how things can easily become strained.

(in reply to Destragon)
Post #: 3
RE: I am giving up for a while - 8/6/2020 7:10:56 AM   
Malevolence

Can I have your stuff? (oh sorry, wrong game)

Sometimes the best solution is to ride the storm. Go for four or five turns while you keep making good decisions. See if the issue fixes itself.

In that same vein, remember this game uses a graduated value change mechanic throughout the engine. Instant value/stat changes are more rare than other games.

Walk away for a few days and then come back (e.g. like dating a new interest). If you find yourself wanting to play more, then look at the problem with fresh eyes. If not, then you probably didn't like the game anyway.

I'm on a hiatus at the moment too, but due to another good game in the works.

I think the developers are on their mandatory august holiday month--per eu labor law or something. Each year, everyone is on holiday during the late summer month. Living there I found it odd, because don't people need services on vaction?

Now is a good time for a break.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 8/6/2020 7:22:02 AM >

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 4
RE: I am giving up for a while - 8/6/2020 7:18:13 AM   
demiare

quote:

ORIGINAL: morganja

Love the game, but the logistics has become ludicrously impossible. I have food. I have logistics. But for some reason, no food is being sent to any of my units, anywhere. Absolutely zero. There has to be some clue given somewhere. I love the game, but I don't have time in my life for spending hours trying to figure out why the nation just decided unilaterally to stop feeding my army.

Select your SHQ and check it's limits via icon in bottom menu. You could set those limits in unit settings.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to morganja)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> I am giving up for a while Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI