Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assertion Failed! error message when trying to load

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Assertion Failed! error message when trying to load Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assertion Failed! error message when trying to load - 8/11/2020 9:11:33 AM   
MarshalDavout

Unfortunately, I have had significant problems with the game in Windows 10, which is a real shame. This is, without question, still the best Napoleonic Grand Strategy computer game of all time. Nothing else does what this game accomplishes, still after 11 years. So, fixing this for me would just be fantastic! I never had any problems running this game on my Windows 7 machine.

When I try to reload a game, or a few times, when trying to advance a turn, I get an "Assertion Failure" message.
A lengthy message follows showing the path to the where the error happened.

MD

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Assertion Failed! error message when trying to load - 8/14/2020 12:01:12 PM   
MarshalDavout

I just want to add that I always have CTD with this message.

Anyone out there???

(in reply to MarshalDavout)
Post #: 2
RE: Assertion Failed! error message when trying to load - 8/21/2020 3:22:24 PM   
lucr41

I re-installed Windows on my computer some months ago, to finally move to Windows 10 (groan). I executed a clean install of Windows 10 version 1909, meaning I formatted the SSD drive and installed from scratch (no in-place upgrade). I have had no issues installing and running CoGEE on my computer.

I would have the following questions:
1. Do you have the CoGEE v1.0.9 patch installed?
2. By your error message, it appears you did not install to default folders. Otherwise, "Crown of Glory II.exe" is found in the "C:\Matrix Games\Crown of Glory Emperor's Edition" folder. Maybe uninstall CoGEE and re-install to default paths?
3. How did you install Windows 10? From scratch, or upgrade over previous Windows version?
4. What is the version of your Windows 10 installation? Microsoft comes out with a new version roughly every 6 months and any given version is only supported for 18 months. So it's a constant upgrade battle.

My guess, at this point, would be that there is some problem with Visual C++ or in your installation of Windows 10.

(in reply to MarshalDavout)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Assertion Failed! error message when trying to load Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI