Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/15/2020 6:39:19 AM   
homeboy5

Probably there is some thread about that but i cant find.Anyway im playing for soviets and its apreal of 1942 and i do have supply shortages for army.I managed to save all heavy industy factories and lost maybe 5 armaments factories in 1941.My industry producing about 105k supplies(not counting lend lease)and if i check event log i always have only 50-60% free supplies to deliver to army.Is there any tip how to prioritaze army to get more supplies?Oh yea my army is 5950000 men.
Post #: 1
RE: Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/15/2020 7:37:43 AM   
Telemecus

Are you playing on 1.11.03 or the beta patch? Can you screenshot your log report or attach it to a post here?

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to homeboy5)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/15/2020 8:48:18 AM   
Shupov

I am anticipating a similar problem in a current game in 1.11.03. I have 5.7 MM men in October 1941 and am growing over 100 K per turn. My Armaments pool is shrinking 40 k per turn and is down to 288 K. I expect shortages in Vehicles by early 1942.

Is the problem I have too many units consuming my production? I'm considering throttling back ground elements and aircraft production from 100% to 80% or lower. This is expensive in AP's and I would appreciate advice before making the change.

STALINADE

The real RED soda!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/15/2020 9:00:41 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shupov

I am anticipating a similar problem in a current game in 1.11.03. I have 5.7 MM men in October 1941 and am growing over 100 K per turn. My Armaments pool is shrinking 40 k per turn and is down to 288 K. I expect shortages in Vehicles by early 1942.

Is the problem I have too many units consuming my production? I'm considering throttling back ground elements and aircraft production from 100% to 80% or lower. This is expensive in AP's and I would appreciate advice before making the change.

How many arms factories will you save? Unless you are going to do catastrophically badly there I would not worry. A shortage of arms points is quite common over the winter of 1941 as you rebuild your Red Army 2.0. Indeed from the figures you gave it seems not even rebuild but just build. Arms points are important for building up your army. But once you say get to an 8M man army with 100k guns you would probably not want to grow anymore. Arms points are mainly used to grow your army, not maintain it once you get there. It seems to me you are going to get a steam roller Soviet army years earlier than historical and a big arms pool that you will never use up for your replacement needs then.

Vehicles is a problem in v1.11.03. You will never have enough. If you did then you could build more motorised corps until you did not have enough any more.

Are you managing the maximum ToE percentages of your units? You should be directing replacements to your best units anyway. But if you are having arms points shortages then choke your arms points hungry units (like all those artillery SUs) and concentrate on less arms points artillery units like rifle brigades.This will mean a lot more time clicking, but no AP expenditure at all for the same result. If you want to produce less aircraft, just re-evacuate their factories if you have the spare rail cap.

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to Shupov)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/15/2020 9:26:01 AM   
Shupov

I saved all my factories and don't expect to lose any more. I do expect to have a very large army sooner than historical. I want high quality front-line armies rather than a mass of weaker units.

Yes I am managing TOE and could put new low experience units into rear area MD's with MaxTOE set low, then increase MaxTOE when enough armies and fronts are available to be filled out.

Are there any circumstances where reducing Ground Elements and/or Aircraft Production would be advantageous?

As for Vehicles my guess is 1.11.03 is WAD. In my opinion 1.12 has a serious bug where Vehicle usage is unlimited.

STALINADE

The real RED soda!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/20/2020 6:31:40 AM   
Bertram

In my game the bottleneck was my (rail)transport network. Resources got lost because my transports could not get supplies to the units, and the resources to the industrial centra (or at least that is the way I visualized it). Major users of supply (as in ammo and fuel) are units fighting and aircraft bombing. If I go all out for a turn, my supply can drop by as much as 4% point, e.g. from 32% supply to 28% supply over the whole front.
As Soviet player you have to be patient, build up your supply, pick your advances, and rebuild for the next push. Pretty historical actually :).

(in reply to Shupov)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! - 8/20/2020 7:12:41 AM   
homeboy5

oh so its just rail network and natural supply shortages as was in real live for soviets during 1942

(in reply to Bertram)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Supply shortages for soviets union.PLEASE HELP! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI