Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1942, 43 and 44 Grand Campaign balance and quality.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1942, 43 and 44 Grand Campaign balance and quality. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1942, 43 and 44 Grand Campaign balance and quality. - 8/31/2020 6:19:09 PM   
Manteuffel2894

I want to know how is the experience of playing this campaigns from both sides. There is some kind of balance? (not in terms of germany comquering Moscow by 1944 but in terms of each side meeting their victory conditions). Are that campaigns any fun? Simulate history acurrate?
Post #: 1
RE: 1942, 43 and 44 Grand Campaign balance and quality. - 8/31/2020 7:30:35 PM   
chaos45

I would say at least the 1942 campaign hasn't aged well with all the patch changes. Too many soviet units being in static mode at the start and with the Germans effectively getting better CV over all the patches means all of the soviet southern front gets encircled and wiped off the map T1 of the 1942 campaign....as well its very difficult to stop the Germans from closing the Soviets in a pocket by Demyansk either...since the Germans can effectively activate CV more quickly by static mode removals.

It stands the same issues of the 1941 campaign in that the soviet player effectively just watches a huge chunk of their army destroyed due to perfectly planned German T1 of the campaign. When they do WITE 2.0 they really need to add the ability for either each player or at least player 2 to do some limited force movements to offset perfect T1 movements. So the set up isnt 100% the same each game.

(in reply to Manteuffel2894)
Post #: 2
RE: 1942, 43 and 44 Grand Campaign balance and quality. - 8/31/2020 8:06:18 PM   
CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45
When they do WITE 2.0 they really need to add the ability for either each player or at least player 2 to do some limited force movements to offset perfect T1 movements. So the set up isnt 100% the same each game.

I second that. Perhaps give the Soviets so many points to move units around a bit.

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> 1942, 43 and 44 Grand Campaign balance and quality. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI