Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

H2H Final Release Campaign: (A Beginning of it, anyway.)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> H2H Final Release Campaign: (A Beginning of it, anyway.) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
H2H Final Release Campaign: (A Beginning of it, anyway.) - 8/7/2003 3:07:40 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Well, I've done it! I've started to build my first campaign. Here is what I have so far: (The first battle and the first tier of battles after it.)

In this campaign you are a newly minted Oberst, or Colonel. You have been given command of a recently formed training unit. Your men have completed their initial training in their home district and have been formed into units with experienced NCOs and some veterans that had been wounded and are again ready for active service. They are now ready to complete their final training in the occupied territories. Initially you and your men will be assigned missions to assist local authorities and police units there.

As your units improve, they will move near the front and be assigned missions to defend rear area units against enemy attacks. Ultimately, if you and your men perform well, your command will be transferred to the Field Army, and you will participate in front-line opperations! Good luck and good hunting!

Your first assignment is to patrol the area around a newly constructed Krupp munitions works in the Reich territory which was formerly part of Poland. We have reason to believe that the local farmers are moonlighting as partisans. Rumors have also reached the Abwehr that these partisans have come into possession of some equipment from the Polish army that did not fall into our hands. You and your men are tasked with dealing with this threat. The factory and its munitions stockpiles must be protected! Your next assignment will depend on how well you coordinate with the local police units. (A formation of Pz Ibs and police units will be arriving to support your efforts as soon as they can reach the area, and there are Krupp security units in place around the munitions works.) Good luck and good hunting!

[Source: Command Magazine Anthology, "Hitler's Army: The Evolution and Structure of German Forces, 1933-1945", (Combined Books Inc., PA, USA: 1996). 'Building the Beast: The World War II Training and Replacement Systems of the German Army'. Blennemann, Dirk. pp. 11-16.]

Suggestions and comments on how what I have so far, historical corrections, or ideas for how on how you would like to see the campaign continue are more than welcome at my email address: [email]a.absentmindedprof@verizon.net[/email].

(I would also like to know if you find this campaign worthy of being completed. At this point my flow-chart for the campaign could end up with 40 to 50 battles in all for the complete campaign. I'd hate to put in all that effort, if nobody likes the idea of this campaign.)

Having said that, enjoy!

Eric Maietta

Post #: 1
- 8/7/2003 6:32:15 AM   
RUsco

OOPS: H2H:D

I'll have to install H2H and give it a look.

Any chances of a Regular SPWAW version?

:D

(in reply to AbsntMndedProf)
Post #: 2
- 8/7/2003 8:48:06 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Good point! I've redone the campaign in slot 35.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I'd like to have a wav file play in the opening screen of the campaign, as some other campaigns do. I've named the file c035i000, but it won't play. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Eric Maietta

Post #: 3
- 8/7/2003 10:14:54 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

posted by RUsco:

[I]Any chances of a Regular SPWAW version?[/I]

Well, I can't make any promises. Before starting the campaign's design, I debated whether to make it in SP:WaW version 7.1 or H2H FR. I came down in favor of H2H FR because I am so impressed with it. Assuming that I get a positive response to the battles I've done already, and the general concept of the campaign, I hope that my campaign might in some small way encourage others to download the FR of H2H who might not have otherwise.

In light of that, and not wanting to change horses in mid-stream, I will finish the campaign in H2H FR first. Then, after taking a break, I will probably make the campaign over in version 7.1, assuming that I can figure out how to do it. I'm afraid that's the best I can do at this point. (Unless your HD is down to its last 100 MB of memory, I would strongly reccomend H2H FR as an addition to your PC games. Look at it this way, even though you already have SP:WaW ver. 7.1, the Porsche of wargames, it wouldn't hurt to have the Daimler-Benz of wargames as well.) :D

Eric Maietta

Post #: 4
- 8/7/2003 9:29:00 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
[B]Good point! I've redone the campaign in slot 35.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I'd like to have a wav file play in the opening screen of the campaign, as some other campaigns do. I've named the file c035i000, but it won't play. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Eric Maietta [/B][/QUOTE]

I´ll check the *.wav file thing.

Btw, you also can make a unique campaign video if you replace the one that is played for a particular year and theater!
You just need an *.avi file and convert it to "smacker" format with a little application called "Rad Video Tools" to be found here:

http://www.radgametools.com/smkdown.htm

I just tried it once (long time ago) and basically it worked, but please don´t ask me for details!;)

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 5
- 8/7/2003 10:07:24 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Thanks for the help with the wav file, RockinHarry! Could you send me the mountainizer? I'd like to make an alpine scenario or two.

Eric Maietta

Post #: 6
- 8/7/2003 11:03:14 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AbsntMndedProf
[B]Thanks for the help with the wav file, RockinHarry! Could you send me the mountainizer? I'd like to make an alpine scenario or two.

Eric Maietta [/B][/QUOTE]

I´ll attach the SDQ file in next posting so that everybody can download it if needed. I don´t think David (ectizen) would disagree. Will try to mail him in the meantime.

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 7
Mountainizer - 8/8/2003 12:25:27 AM   
Jamminji

I am very curious about this. I know that SP-WW2 can have level 10+ mountains, but thought that WAW/H2H could not.

Are there ANY senarios in SP-WAW or H2H that use this tool? If so what are the names so I can check out the senarios.

thanks

jam

Post #: 8
- 8/8/2003 7:57:23 AM   
RUsco

I'll have to download the latest h2h files. I have an old copy.

Post #: 9
Re: Mountainizer - 8/9/2003 3:31:49 AM   
adantas

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamminji
[B]I am very curious about this. I know that SP-WW2 can have level 10+ mountains, but thought that WAW/H2H could not.

Are there ANY senarios in SP-WAW or H2H that use this tool? If so what are the names so I can check out the senarios.

thanks

jam [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Jam,

Check "After Cassino" at H2Hfr.
I believe it was the first scen to be done using this tool.
I'm quite sure there's another one at Ardennes which was also designed by my old friend RockinHarry :D
Sorry Harry, just forgot its name :)

Adantas
-------------------
Senta à Pua!!!
Brazilian Fighters over Italy!

Post #: 10
- 8/9/2003 3:52:01 AM   
stevemk1a

Adantas, I think the scen your thinking of is Ardennes '44 ... great scenario! You fight terrain almost as much as the enemy - gives a good "feel" of the conjested nature of the area :cool:

Post #: 11
- 8/9/2003 10:18:17 AM   
adantas

[QUOTE]Originally posted by willy
[B]Adantas, I think the scen your thinking of is Ardennes '44 ... great scenario! You fight terrain almost as much as the enemy - gives a good "feel" of the conjested nature of the area :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Willy,

That's right!..what a shame!! :(
I was one of the playtesters for it!! But no doubt it's a Masterpiece! :D

Adantas
------------------
Senta à Pua!!!

Post #: 12
- 8/9/2003 10:25:37 AM   
stevemk1a

Oh, and BTW AbsntmndedProf I just finished playing the two scenarios in your campaign ... got a Mv in both (darn pesky Boys AT rifles :mad: ). I like your concept of following German doctrine in slowly 'blooding' a new unit and then giving it greater responsabilities. It gives the player a good feel of carefully nurturing and building their unit. The small size of the scenarios is also a plus :)

Post #: 13
- 8/9/2003 10:31:11 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Willy posted:

[QUOTE]I just finished playing the two scenarios in your campaign ... [/QUOTE]

I'm glad that you enjoyed the scenarios you played. There are two more in tier two: one if you achieve a DV in the first scenario and one if you achieve a Draw.

I'm working on tier 3, which will have 9 scenarios in all! I'm currently over 1/3 the way through finishing this tier, with four scenarios completed so far. (I'm off to spend the weekend with my family, so they don't forget what I look like.) :D:D

I'll resume work on tier 3 when I return on Monday. It should be ready by Friday.

Post #: 14
- 8/10/2003 8:17:12 PM   
RockinHarry

Hey Alessandro! You´re a lil bit off topic in AbsMindedProfs thread, aren´t you?!:D

So...I checked your wav file from your campaign and found it to be compressed in "ACM" format which SPWAW obviously can´t play due to a lack of an internal decoder. Save your wave file in *.wav PCM format (simply uncompressed) and you are set! If file size is of concern (it oftentimes is) you can also save your file in 22kHz, which does not degrade your file in any way, as you already used vintage audio stuff! The other campaign sound files from Wild Bills campaigns for example are even 8 Bit / 22 KHz (PCM), but I think when these campaigns were made, broadband connections weren´t that common as nowadays, so you can aim at as high audio quality as you think is needed.

Btw, your campaign has a very interesting topic! :) Wished I had more time for "real" playing. Too much test works at the moment.

Have fun

Attachment (1)

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 15
- 8/11/2003 8:02:52 PM   
adantas

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RockinHarry
[B]Hey Alessandro! You´re a lil bit off topic in AbsMindedProfs thread, aren´t you?!:D

So...I checked your wav file from your campaign and found it to be compressed in "ACM" format which SPWAW obviously can´t play due to a lack of an internal decoder. Save your wave file in *.wav PCM format (simply uncompressed) and you are set! If file size is of concern (it oftentimes is) you can also save your file in 22kHz, which does not degrade your file in any way, as you already used vintage audio stuff! The other campaign sound files from Wild Bills campaigns for example are even 8 Bit / 22 KHz (PCM), but I think when these campaigns were made, broadband connections weren´t that common as nowadays, so you can aim at as high audio quality as you think is needed.

Btw, your campaign has a very interesting topic! :) Wished I had more time for "real" playing. Too much test works at the moment.

Have fun [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Harry, Yes a little for sure :D

Alessandro

-------------------
Senta à Pua!!!!

Post #: 16
- 8/11/2003 8:14:27 PM   
adantas

Hi AbsntMndedProf,

Just finished the first scen and as the others I must say that the concept is really great :)
But at least for me, I thought the first scen very easy, got a DV there, the poles had no chance against my forces.
Perhaps a good ideia here is ask the players to purchase only infantry units as core and tanks can be purchased as Aux when in combat...
Well, just my two cents :D

Anyway, keep up with the good work!

Adantas
------------------
Senta à Pua!!!

Post #: 17
- 8/14/2003 9:39:41 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by adantas
[B]Hey Harry, Yes a little for sure :D

Alessandro

-------------------
Senta à Pua!!!!
Brazilian Fighters over Italy! [/B][/QUOTE]

hey mate! Any new projects from you in sight?:) What happened to Demyansk?;)

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 18
- 8/14/2003 10:04:58 PM   
adantas

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RockinHarry
[B]hey mate! Any new projects from you in sight?:) What happened to Demyansk?;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey Harry!

Well, Demyansk is still on my mind, in fact the first scen was almost finished covering the initial assault of the 8th Jaeger Div towards the Puritz River but real life is demanding so much time that I was unable to go ahead with that for while :(
I also just finished the Brazilian OOB with map's flags too and I planning to make some scen or even a small campaing covering the 1st Brazilian Div at Italy ..Resisti will try to find some maps of the areas where the Brazilians fought at Tuscan to help me :)

And you my friend?? :)

------------------
Senta à Pua!!!

Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> H2H Final Release Campaign: (A Beginning of it, anyway.) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI