Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Solutions/workarounds to UI issues?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Solutions/workarounds to UI issues? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Solutions/workarounds to UI issues? - 9/11/2020 11:00:22 PM   
kmunoz

I'm running into a couple of odd problems and am hopeful that there are solutions or workarounds.

1) Because of the peculiarities of my system (a Surface laptop with a 3000x2000 screen), I have to play in Windowed mode - that is the only option that works. The problem is that I can't scroll properly. If I move the mouse to the left or top, it scrolls the map. If I move the mouse to the right or bottom, nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2) I'm constantly getting Windows alert sounds when I use arrow keys to move around the map. The reason for this seems to be that a single up or down keypress does two things: scrolls the map and moves up or down the event log at the bottom right of the screen. And if the I get to the top or bottom of the event log, I get the audio alert that I've reached the bounds. This is very annoying. Anyone with any ideas on how to resolve this, if it's possible?

Both of these issues seem to just be quirks of the programming, so I'm not super hopeful that there's a way to fix it, but I thought I'd ask.

< Message edited by kmunoz -- 9/11/2020 11:04:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Solutions/workarounds to UI issues? - 9/12/2020 2:27:20 PM   
Paullus

No real idea but you could try to resize your desktop before entering TotH. That way you avoid running TotH in Windowed mode.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to kmunoz)
Post #: 2
RE: Solutions/workarounds to UI issues? - 9/12/2020 2:34:56 PM   
kmunoz

Unfortunately, the Surface is a 3:2 screen, and TOTH doesn't support that ratio in any of its set options, so I can't go to full screen. (And when I run the game on my desktop, in full screen mode, the game gets really sluggish.)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> Solutions/workarounds to UI issues? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI