Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1948 Arab Israel War Units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 1948 Arab Israel War Units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1948 Arab Israel War Units? - 7/6/2001 12:37:00 AM   
dalbrech

I am hoping the someone can do the OB's and scenarios for the First Arab Israeli war. This war has a lot of potential for great scenarios, but always seems to fall in the cracks between the various Steel Panther games...too late for World War 2 and too early for Steel Panthers two. Some one did do a number of scenarios for SP2 on the 48 war, and There was a scenrio in SPWW2 on the battle for Degania. I am really hoping someone out there plans to incoporate the 48 war for SPWAW. Most of the equipment in the war was World War 2 surplus, so the main job would be the Infantry units. Anybody working on this?

dalbrech
Post #: 1
- 7/6/2001 1:06:00 AM   
Mark Ezra

You Must be Kidding!? I'm hard at work on the OOB research as we speak. I have found an excellent OOB that gives number and type of equipement from May of 1948. One of the problems of accurate OOB is historians on both sides of the War tend to call all AFV "armor" There were very few tanks used in combat during the War of independence. The early months especially so. Some Shermans used by Israel needed new main guns. Same sitrep for Egypt. The Arab League had the newest/best conditioned weapson but very limited amounts of heavy weapon ammo. The mix of weapons is truly fascinating. So yes I'm at work on it. I could use some terrain description of the areas outside of Jerusalem. I think it's hilly/desert area similar to our more arrid areas of SoCal. I have schematic type maps of rodas/village that indicate how the assualt/defend were made. But they lack topography. I'd like to be as accurate as I can be. Any help would by appreciated.

All Hail Marx and Lennon

(in reply to dalbrech)
Post #: 2
- 7/7/2001 10:08:00 PM   
abradley

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: You Must be Kidding!? I'm hard at work on the OOB research as we speak. I have found an excellent OOB that gives number and type of equipement from May of 1948. One of the problems of accurate OOB is historians on both sides of the War tend to call all AFV "armor" There were very few tanks used in combat during the War of independence. The early months especially so. Some Shermans used by Israel needed new main guns. Same sitrep for Egypt. The Arab League had the newest/best conditioned weapson but very limited amounts of heavy weapon ammo. The mix of weapons is truly fascinating. So yes I'm at work on it. I could use some terrain description of the areas outside of Jerusalem. I think it's hilly/desert area similar to our more arrid areas of SoCal. I have schematic type maps of rodas/village that indicate how the assualt/defend were made. But they lack topography. I'd like to be as accurate as I can be. Any help would by appreciated.
Try the "Art of Wargaming" forum there is an Israeli on a "Palistinian and Israeli" thread now.

"This situation we face – Suicidal maniacs from a failed civilization want to murder us all, and most people don’t believe it is really happening – sounds like something out of a science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick. But it is real. " ChicagoBoyz

(in reply to dalbrech)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 1948 Arab Israel War Units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI