Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The icon "hedges", doesn't work well in v. 5.3 and 6?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The icon "hedges", doesn't work well in v. 5.3 and 6? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The icon "hedges", doesn't work well in v. 5.... - 7/6/2001 12:56:00 AM   
xafemo

Greetings to all the friends of the forum! Well, I don't consider myself an expert in the game, but I have detected a possible error that I consider you affects negatively to the planning of the battle: I was playing the scenario "Kanev Bridgehead-43", and I realize that the icon that represents to the hedges that are there present in the map of the battle, doesn't always work as such; that is to say, it is as if they were not. In fact, the information of the hexagon doesn't detect them and the lines of vision ignore them. This happens with security in the hexagons 31,32; 32,14; 34,12; 35,13 and 42,21. I ignore if this problem is exclusive of this scenario or it is widespread. I will prove in this respect and I will notify my observations to the forum. Matrix Games has a great product, interesting and serious in your purposes that you offers also gratuitously in good part to all the fans, for that reason believe that each one of us should contribute to improve it, with our small contributions to this forum. Thanks to all those that are interested to improve SPWAW. Thanks to Matrix Games. [email]xafemo@hotmail.com[/email]

"Without a theory the facts are silent"-F.A. Hayek.
Post #: 1
- 7/6/2001 1:46:00 AM   
Belisarius

Hello xafemo! I played the Kanev brigdehead scenario today as well (to test the 6.0 upgrade), and my hedges had the same "problem". ;) Another note: Isn't there any way at all to introduce multi-terrain hexes? I'm sick and tired of getting my tanks immobilized just beacaues I happened to drive it into a hex with a stonewall a few mm inside the hex border at one corner. :mad: It's not funny having to drive 50m out from the wall to clear it.

Got StuG?

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 2
- 7/6/2001 2:07:00 AM   
RockinHarry

It´s a known problem with drawing hedges in the map editor that the destination/target hex of the hedge drawing routine just places the icon on the map without the proper stats. It´s the same with some other similar drawing routines as walls and roads...the map designer needs to take care of this. If it´s computer generated map, then you have to live with this unless patched. ___________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 3
- 7/6/2001 4:04:00 AM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by Belisarius: Isn't there any way at all to introduce multi-terrain hexes? I'm sick and tired of getting my tanks immobilized just beacaues I happened to drive it into a hex with a stonewall a few mm inside the hex border at one corner. :mad: It's not funny having to drive 50m out from the wall to clear it.
This has been a sore spot with people (myself included) for a long time. Unfortunately there isn't a way to put a wall (or a building, for that matter) in just part of a hex. It's up to the player to check his route of march for this sort of thing, and up to the designer to avoid having this sort of pitfall in his map.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to xafemo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The icon "hedges", doesn't work well in v. 5.3 and 6? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI