Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/29/2020 12:24:45 PM   
vinnie71

I have a problem which has hounded me for 2 game months or so. The British carrier Indomitable got hit by a number of torps and was scheduled to withdraw. So I patched her up in Sydney just enough to make it to Karachi and it arrived there but does not withdraw.

I'm not able to withdraw it manually nor does it do it automatically. Am I missing something? She has drained me of points at 65 a day!

Her damage is 51 flotation and 10 engineering - but I was able to withdraw damaged ships before so I don't understand what's the problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Post #: 1
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/29/2020 12:36:43 PM   
Alfred

Read post #14 from me in this thread. It provides complete details on ship withdrawal criteria.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4404294&mpage=1&key=withdrawal%26%2365533%3B

And no, you have not successfully withdrawn other ships previously which had the same level of damage.

Alfred

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 2
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/29/2020 12:40:36 PM   
Walloc

In short get flotation below 50.

< Message edited by Walloc -- 9/29/2020 12:41:35 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/29/2020 10:01:27 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Read post #14 from me in this thread. It provides complete details on ship withdrawal criteria.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4404294&mpage=1&key=withdrawal%26%2365533%3B

And no, you have not successfully withdrawn other ships previously which had the same level of damage.

Alfred

Oh, I didn’t know damage levels didn’t matter for off-map withdrawal ! I remembered the thresholds of 50/100, but missed the fact it applied for on-maps only !

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/30/2020 3:10:27 AM   
vinnie71

quote:

Alfred

Thanks! Damn I could have repaired it in Sydney and disbanded it there

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/30/2020 4:11:19 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: vinnie71

quote:

Alfred

Thanks! Damn I could have repaired it in Sydney and disbanded it there

A lesson that you probably won't forget.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 6
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/30/2020 5:57:18 AM   
vinnie71

Not after loosing something like 2000 points. But hey that's a big handicap in a way and I'm in September '42 and still cannot mount an offensive around Timor and Ambion. Normally I would have freed a few divisions from the mainland plus ancillary units and already established a cordon around Darwin...

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 7
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/30/2020 10:22:56 AM   
Ian R

quote:

I have a problem which has hounded me for 2 game months or so. The British carrier Indomitable got hit by a number of torps and was scheduled to withdraw. So I patched her up in Sydney just enough to make it to Karachi and it arrived there but does not withdraw.

I'm not able to withdraw it manually nor does it do it automatically. Am I missing something? She has drained me of points at 65 a day!

Her damage is 51 flotation and 10 engineering - but I was able to withdraw damaged ships before so I don't understand what's the problem.

The most ironic aspect of this is that Indomitable should fit in the dockyard in Sydney, at 22600t, unless you are playing a modded scenario that reduced the size of the yard. So, if you build Sydney up to 9 port [Edit: incorrect - 7 will suffice per Alfred] size while Indomitable was in the yard reducing below 50 flood, you'd be good to go without wasting time sailing to Karachi.

< Message edited by Ian R -- 10/3/2020 1:28:38 AM >

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 8
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/30/2020 10:45:35 AM   
Evoken

quote:

Not after loosing something like 2000 points. But hey that's a big handicap in a way and I'm in September '42 and still cannot mount an offensive around Timor and Ambion. Normally I would have freed a few divisions from the mainland plus ancillary units and already established a cordon around Darwin...

At that point i would have taken the ship out of port and drive around at full speed untill it sinks , i would much prefer losing some Victory points instead of Political points

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 9
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 9/30/2020 11:10:41 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

...The most ironic aspect of this is that Indomitable should fit in the dockyard in Sydney, at 22600t, unless you are playing a modded scenario that reduced the size of the yard. So, if you build Sydney up to 9 deport size while Indomitable was in the yard reducing below 50 flood, you'd be good to go without wastin g time gsailing to Karachi.

Actually Sydney's port doesn't have to be built up at all because it is one of the national ports. Even if it were not, the port size only has to be 7.

Alfred

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 10
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 10/2/2020 11:09:56 AM   
Ian R

Even better.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 11
RE: Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal - 10/2/2020 12:46:00 PM   
vinnie71

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

The most ironic aspect of this is that Indomitable should fit in the dockyard in Sydney, at 22600t, unless you are playing a modded scenario that reduced the size of the yard. So, if you build Sydney up to 9 deport size while Indomitable was in the yard reducing below 50 flood, you'd be good to go without wastin g time gsailing to Karachi.

Indeed. I took it there and tried to repair it but was so heavily damaged that for some silly reason I thought that it was not withdrawing because it wasn't in Karachi, little realising that it was an issue of repair the flooding...

Alas...

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Damaged ships which are overdue for withdrawal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI