Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/15/2003 4:11:16 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jokyonim
[B]Interesting, but I'm on 98SE. Thanks for your help, and I look forward to hearing any other ideas. [/B][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: man, got so used to XP that I allready write in when I mean other OSs. I ment Win98SE, which I have as a second OS on my Laptop.

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 61
- 8/15/2003 4:13:51 PM   
Marc von Martial

[QUOTE]Originally posted by John Pancoast
[B]Marc, I tried this with no luck. Running 98. Installed to default path, attached are the regsitry values.

This install, I had a seperate Korsun folder, and below it, a Matrix folder with a Korsun directory in it.

The MatrixKorsun registry values are from this directory, the Korsun values are from the seperate Korsun folder, with the Matrix line below, from just the Matrix folder itself.

Thanks for your help.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Korsun]
"version"="v1.00"
"installed"="TRUE"
"InstallDir"="C:\\Matrix Games\\Korsun Pocket"
"username"="John Pancoast"
"company"="me"
"InstalledEditor"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Matrix Games]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Matrix Games\Korsun Pocket]
"version"="v1.00"
"installed"="TRUE"
"installed to"="C:\\Matrix Games\\Korsun Pocket"
"username"="John Pancoast"
"company"="me" [/B][/QUOTE]

The reg keys look all fine.

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 62
- 8/16/2003 2:21:56 AM   
John Pancoast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adam Parker
[B]John I saw your post on the News Group regarding this. What exactly do you get when you try to install - an error or simply nothing after loading?

Do you run a partitioned drive or some sort of compression? Did your DX diag show anything funny in the graphics test?

Do you run a firewall or anti-virus software when you're installing?

Have you recently run a full defrag and scan disc, it may be worth doing that now anyway before your next attempt?

I ask these things for with my new WinXP machine I had to upgrade my sound driver to assist with a Panzer Campagins title (and that was a brand new machine!). It happens.

Every EA sports title used to give me problems under Win98. I could never get La Grande Armee to run on my Win98 machine either. But luckily I've been ok with UV and now KP. Do you have UV and does that run being a heavier taxing program?

Adam. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Adam;
Answers..

Installs fine, as far as I can tell. Game just won't load upon trying to start it to play it.

No partition, etc. Tests show nothing out of ordinary.

I do a scan disk/defrag weekly.

Running 98. Haven't tried updating sound drivers, worth a shot.

Don't have UV.

Got to go, thanks.

John

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 63
- 8/16/2003 9:45:37 AM   
Nickel

John, sorry to but in here, as I can see you are getting a lot of suggestions. Have you tried reducing the number of things you have running in task (usings up too much CPU)? I had a 1Gb Athalon processor and used to run ME. For game playing I used to shut down everything in Task except Explorer to help speed up the games. It sounds like the registry keys look good, so paths should be good. I believe that you can do this in 98 as well. Not for sure that this will help- but maybe. :)

never in driblets, but in mass

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 64
- 8/16/2003 10:25:18 AM   
John Pancoast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nickel
[B]John, sorry to but in here, as I can see you are getting a lot of suggestions. Have you tried reducing the number of things you have running in task (usings up too much CPU)? I had a 1Gb Athalon processor and used to run ME. For game playing I used to shut down everything in Task except Explorer to help speed up the games. It sounds like the registry keys look good, so paths should be good. I believe that you can do this in 98 as well. Not for sure that this will help- but maybe. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, no need to apologize, appreciate the help. But I only run explorer and systray on a P4 1.4, so I think it's something else.

Worth a look though, I'll try it without systray, thanks.

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 65
rahrow reggie....... - 8/17/2003 9:10:33 AM   
John Pancoast

Well, something new after the latest install-uninstall.

All webpages, chat rooms, etc. that I access have this really tiny, block font now. Unreadable.

Any ideas on how to fix this ? Tried via options in the windows menu.

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 66
- 8/17/2003 10:02:18 AM   
Nickel

I don't know if you want or have tried, but can you do a system restore to a time before you installed KP. There is a font issue if you have looked at other postings on KP. You might want uninstall KP first and then do a file search and delete all Matrix & KP files. Get rid of all the KP registry entries also.

never in driblets, but in mass

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 67
- 8/17/2003 11:00:45 AM   
Adam Parker

John I think you're running W98 so restore has not effect here. Your web fonts are controlled through your browser afaik.

Fire up Word and see if any strange behavior there too. I can't imagine why this program would mess up your system up but other than leaving it alone, only upgrading all drivers may be the option. As I mentioned even Panzer Campaigns required this of me recently with reagrd to sound.

Your graphics card itself may have a fault and need replacing too. Strange behavior is sometimes an indication of this.

I'll have to hang off any other advice for now as regarding bios and boards etc, I'm in no way an expert.

Best of luck.

Adam.

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 68
- 8/17/2003 11:14:28 AM   
John Pancoast

Thanks for the tips guys. Nickel, actually, this started after I had done all that. Strange.

I've got a new video card coming in a few days(well, new for me, old in terms of pcs :), so we'll see if that does anything.

It's more strange than intolerable.

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 69
- 8/17/2003 11:46:26 AM   
rrmorton

I'm having similar problems...

My system is a two-week old Alienware Intel 3.0 ghz processor
1 gig RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Soundblaster Audigy 2

All my drivers and DirectX's are up to date.
I run ZoneAlarm and Weatherbug.
I have two disc drives, a DVD drive and a CD/RW drive.
I also have two hard drives.

When I try to launch Korsun Pocket, either from the menu or the actual game folder, the three intro cinematics play just fine but then the screen goes black and hangs there.

My first installation went on the D: drive. When that didn't work, I thought it might help to install it on C: with the default path.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again while reading this thread. I made sure to delete the registry folders MATRIX and KORSUN and I closed down ZoneAlarm and Weatherbug for the installation.

After each uninstall, I've gone to delete the Korsun Pocket folder and been denied access to that ttf font file. I managed to delete the file by shutting down and rebooting then trying again.

I'm dying to play CGW's Best Hex-based War Game Ever Made!!!

Any help would be appreciated!

(in reply to jokyonim)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI