Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - highlights from game nr 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - highlights from game nr 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - high... - 10/26/2020 10:34:24 PM   
LoneRunner

Great AAR you guys. Thanks for posting.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 31
RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - high... - 10/27/2020 2:11:43 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Marcinos1985 has punched me in the face, twice. I've got to stop playing wild strategies, play him straight up.

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 32
RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - high... - 1/1/2021 2:40:01 AM   
GiveWarAchance

ElvisRambo, are you sure you didn't resign too early? Seems you might have thrown in the towel due to the grief of losing a tank in the east while you still own substantial properties. The massive allied invasion fleet off Spain never even got a chance to fire a shot in anger and Germany seems to have Spain locked down pretty tight.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 33
RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - high... - 1/1/2021 5:55:11 AM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

ElvisRambo, are you sure you didn't resign too early? Seems you might have thrown in the towel due to the grief of losing a tank in the east while you still own substantial properties. The massive allied invasion fleet off Spain never even got a chance to fire a shot in anger and Germany seems to have Spain locked down pretty tight.

That is good advice, I should toughen up when down, could turn the tide or at least try a Bulge move.

You around, wanna game?

Without Him, I could do nothing
Without Him, I'd surely fail
Without Him, I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 34
RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - high... - 1/1/2021 10:52:02 PM   
Marcinos1985

quote:

ORIGINAL: GiveWarAchance

I don't think Elvis resigned because of a lost tank. Neither because of Allied invasion fleet, because that's not an invasion fleet It was a task force with a single objective in mind, but I will keep it secret.

Resignation was due to (99%) loss of Manstein HQ in Gomel. Not only it hurts as MPP, also 3 units south of Gomel will be at zero supply, and probably dead soon. Vitebsk-Orsha frontline is not exactly thick either, though I didn't know it until FOW was lifted. That's a suboptimal situation for Axis for sure.

Problem is, Germany is on timer and it is ticking on fast. If in the middle of 1942 there is sort of stalemate in Russia, then what is Axis gameplan to win? Allies pump out twice as much MPP each turn and can strike in multiple places - Norway, Italy, France, in this game Spain too. In 1943 US brings a strong force, like really strong and it's GG. You can of course play this out, GER will not fall until at least 1944. But is it worth time? I have doubts.

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 35
RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - high... - 1/1/2021 11:12:56 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

Ah, yeah, I f-cked up, got the Nazis killed in Swamp! That's what happens in Russia. Yeah, I lost HQ + 3 very key units, wasted, dead, gone. Make a bad move, death happens.

I make too many dumb moves at the end of my turn. Cannot do that against this Euro players that love the Russia Front action.

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> RE: ElvisJJRambo (Axis) vs Marcinos1985 (Allies) - highlights from game nr 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI