Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 2:45:30 PM   
Taifun

September 1940
The Chinese have suffered many losses in the South area of the front and they retired and regrouped around Kweichow and Chungking our troops in hot pursuit. One thing that happened when we approached the Capital is that it started the activation of the Yenan Communits and they are a respectful force. At this moment we started our second phase of operations of the master plan of attack. We abandoned the drive towards Chungking from the East and instead focused our attention towards Kweichow and Chengchow. Knowing that the Communist will arrive soon we wanted to secure the Central area of our Front, so the troops involved in the Ichang battle were redirected towards the North to start the new battle for Chengchow.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/21/2020 2:47:22 PM >

La clé est l'état d'esprit

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 31
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 2:48:28 PM   
Taifun

November 1940
The mine complex near Kweichow is captured and the whole area does not appear to be well defended. Further North Chengchow is about to be stormed after defeating several Chinese troops defending the approaches.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/21/2020 6:19:07 PM >

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 32
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 2:50:57 PM   
Taifun

January 1941
Kweichow is captured and the Capital Chungking is now our last objective in the area.
The Chinese communist are detected defending the Sian approaches. A second artillery unit arrives China via Shanghai with made in Japan heavy artillery tubes. The Chinese are still fighting with troops not upgraded to infantry level 1.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 33
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 2:53:01 PM   
Taifun

March 1941
We advance past Kweichow towards Kumming a NM objective and Industrial Center. A strategic bomber wing arrives from Japan and starts pounding the Chengdu mine complex. Our tactical and medium bombers are now killing machines very experienced and upgraded to level 1.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 34
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 4:09:24 PM   
Taifun

May 1941
Chengchow falls in our hands and our troops are ordered to stop the advance as Sian will not be attacked: a blocking force will be left behind and half of the Army Group will be redirected towards new objectives outside China as new wars will begin soon against the Imperialist Powers!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 35
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 4:11:02 PM   
Taifun

June 1941
Germany attacks the USSR!!!! Japan redeploys troops to the Russian border near Vladivostok under the command of our best General. We begin to upgrade to level 2 infantry weapons and the first Chinese units are found upgraded to level 1 infantry so we are again in the lead…
Our victorious troops cross the mayor river defending the Capital Chungking and establish a bridgehead. A second strategic bomber wing arrives from Japan and reduces the Chengdu mine complex to ruins while Kummnig is equally heavily bombed. One Japanese mechanized unit arrives in this zone of operations.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 36
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 9:29:24 PM   
Taifun

June 6 1941
Germany launches operation Barbarossa. The USSR mobilization is 41% and the USA is 39% at that time.
The fact that the Allies arrived in time to help the Finns in the Winter War 1939-40 made the Soviets mobilization to remain in the low 20’s for along period of time, not a good thing when every MPP will be needed to defend the motherland.
As soon as we got the French MPPs after they surrendered we invested all possible chits in Finland to try to bring this country back to our sphere of influence, Japan and Italy also contributing. We got a single 8% hit but that was it, the Allies countered our move and Finland remained at 11% Allied mobilized for a whole year. We won’t count with them for the Great Invasion.

Some notes about the invasion preparations:

• I noticed in my previous game that the DAK does not arrive in Lybia (as in WiE) but does instead deploy in Italy. The timing is also different as in WiE the DAK arrives December 1940 and in WAW arrives November 1940, or that was what i recalled. So I was planning to purchase all available tanks and tactical bombers available in my pool before the DAK was deployed to have an extra unit of both. I got it wrong and the DAK was deployed October 1940 and I could not buy that extra tank.
• In my previous game I purchased all of the medium bombers for Barbarossa but I found that the terrain in this game is horrendous for the invader, specially the roads leading towards Leningrad, and that the tactical bombers will be more useful even though they have shorter attack ranges.
• In this game I decided to keep the antitank chit invested as suggested by some players so I could not invest in longer range for my planes until 1942.
• I was a little late investing in Infantry Weapons and I did not get the 2nd level for the initial attack. I did not want to delay the attack. I was not very worried as no Soviets were detected near the border but we were somewhat delayed as we upgraded our infantry on the march.
• I did not buy and extra German HQ for Russia as I could work very well with the 5 available.
• Our fighters were level 1 and will also be upgraded a few turns later.
• Yugoslavia was conquered in April in one quick blitzkrieg turn.
• The main actors in this initial 6 months of the campaign will be our 7 panzerkorps, 3 Mechanized Panzer-grenadier corps and 2 para units assisted by 6 tactical bomber wings and 3 medium bomber wings.

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/21/2020 9:30:49 PM >

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 37
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 9:40:28 PM   
Taifun

Army Group North charged with the Mayor NM objective of Leningrad was under General von Rundstedt and included 2 Panzercorps and 2 para units supported by 3 tactical bomber wings and 1 medium bomber wing plus fighters.

Army Group Center charged with the Mayor NM objective of Moscow was under General von Manstein assisted by von Leeb and included 1 Panzercorps, 2 Mechanized Panzer-grenadier corps supported by 1 tactical bomber wing plus fighters.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/21/2020 9:42:18 PM >

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 38
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 9:50:18 PM   
Taifun

It was clear that the Soviets were not going to defend the forward area of their huge country and the only troops present were a garrison defending Riga. The important cities of Kaunas, Daugavplis and Wilno were occupied without a fight.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 39
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 9:52:34 PM   
Taifun

Army Group South charged with the Mayor NM objective of Rostov was under Generals Rommel and Kesselring and included 4 Panzercorps, 1 Mechanized Panzer-grenadier corps supported by 2 tactical bomber wings and 2 medium bomber wings plus fighters and field artillery.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 40
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/21/2020 9:56:52 PM   
Taifun

Mud was present in this area of the Front and our spearhead troops could not advance very far. Lwow was captured in quite good condition.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 41
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 12:25:29 AM   
taffjones

A very interesting AAR.
Well presented and a good read, looks like a good game

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 42
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 11:41:26 AM   
Taifun

Many thanks taffjones and fluidwill matrix for your support. I have been playing WWII card-board games since the 90s (the famous Avalon Third Reich) and I LOVE the SC series of games. For me it is a real pleasure to share with other players new ideas and AARs…

July 1941
North of the Pripyat Marshes the cities of Riga and Minsk and the towns of Polotsk, Vitebsk and Parnu are occupied without opposition. Tallin and Orsha are also devoid of any Soviet troops… we will meet the first entrenched Soviets defending Pskov and Smolensk. We start upgrading some of our infantry to level 2 infantry weapons.

In the Army Group South area of operations the NM moral objective city of Kiev is captured and the Soviet Main Line of Resistance reached behind the mayor Dnepr river.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 43
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 11:42:58 AM   
Taifun

August 1941
North of the Pripyat Marshes the empty coastal city of Tallin is occupied . In our main axis of advance, the key town of Pskov is stormed and one of the 2 fortifications blocking the road to Novgorod is destroyed. A para unit is prepared to jump next turn near Daugavpils. There is a change of command and our best General Eric von Manstein is put in charge of Army group North to lead the Leningrad assault. Near Smolensk our fast armored troops destroy the fortified Soviet Army in front of the NM city. A Panzerkorps coming from Army Group South is rail operated to Vitebsk to bolster the main thrust towards Moscow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 44
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 11:44:49 AM   
Taifun

In Army group South Generals Rommel and Kesselring captured the NM city of Dnepropetrovsk and the town of Kherson. From Kherson, obliterating a defending Soviet tank corps, our troops crossed the big Dnepr river and successfully expanded a big bridgehead South of Dnepropetrovsk. Now our master plan was devised. As we lacked the infantry and artillery to assault the river crossing from Kiev-Dnepropetrovsk we will attack North from the new bridgehead in a big pincer movement to isolate or force the withdrawal of the Soviet Main Line of Resistance behind the mayor Dnepr river.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 45
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 2:12:47 PM   
Taifun

August 29th 1941
We continue to expand the bridgehead and dispose of the Soviet Heavy tanks defending the area. The soviet HQ positioned Taganrog is severely damaged. One medium bomber wing is transferred to Army Group Center leaving 3 bomber wings in the area.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 46
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 2:13:49 PM   
Taifun

General Von Manstein pushes his troops forward in difficult terrain. His lone Panzerkorps attacks unsuccessfully Narva near the coast. The NM moral city of Smolensk is by now in our hands and armored units are bypassing Bryansk from the North.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 47
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 3:44:48 PM   
Taifun

September 1941
The rain arrives leaving our bomber wings grounded. The empty town of Kaluga on the road to Moscow is occupied. No progress is made towards Leningrad. A para unit is prepared near Velkiye Luki for a future jump.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 48
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 3:45:59 PM   
Taifun

All of our armored troops are now on the other side of the great river Dnepr. The mine complex of Stalino falls in our hands. We expect the Soviets to retire from the Main Line of Resistance or they will be surrounded in a huge cauldron next turn…

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/22/2020 3:46:50 PM >

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 49
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 3:49:54 PM   
Taifun

October 1941
The front is broken! 5 Soviet infantry units are cut and surrounded out of supply around the Cherkasy area. A great victory!! Now the whole South front is broken and the last remaining enemy units retreat as fast as they can Eastwards…

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 50
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 3:52:10 PM   
Taifun

Novgorod is finally captured by our panzergrenadiers with bomber support. The terrain and the mud makes the going very difficult.
Around the Moscow Front Vyazma is captured in a coup the main by our paras and Tula is also reached by a panzerkorps, both towns were undefended.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 51
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 4:17:22 PM   
Taifun

December 19th 1941
All our planes from Russia are now safe back in Germany so they will not take any losses from the winter weather next turn. One para unit jumps from Vyazma and manages to occupy Yaroslavl North of Moscow. The other para unit is not so fortunate… too many beers that night and I missed the town of Volkhov!! The para unit ends the turn out of supply and I go to bed!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 52
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/22/2020 4:18:21 PM   
Taifun

The cleaning and mopping up inside the Cherkasy Cauldron is almost finished. General Zhukov escapes barely alive strength 2 towards Voronezh. The year ends with a great victory. We are at the gates of our 3 main objectives: Leningrad, Moscow and Rostov. Nothing will stop us next year…

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 53
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:05:17 PM   
Taifun

July 1941
The USA mobilization is 45%. Japan declares War to the USSR!!! Soviet troops stationed at Vladivostock are attacked and the city surrenders next turn. The lost of this important port effectively severs the economic help that the USA was sending to Stalin (80 MMPs per turn).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 54
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:06:27 PM   
Taifun

August 1st 1941
The USA mobilization has increased to 57%. The NM objective town of Kunming is captured. The Capital Chungking is by now assailed by 4 veteran Japanese Armies and will fall next turn.
Our troops after taking Vladivostock are operationally transported towards the Northwest Soviet border to start our push, new objective: the NM objective city of Irkutsk.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/23/2020 1:07:06 PM >

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 55
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:08:07 PM   
Taifun

August 29th 1941
The NM city of Wanting near the Burmese border is our last big objective in China and will end our campaign. With the capture of Chungking the Chinese are defeated as a military force. In September we counted 20 Chinese units still alive.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 56
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:09:30 PM   
Taifun

October 1941
In 3 turns the USA mobilization has increased to 89%. Mr Roosevelt did not like our occupation of Siberia. I was not expecting such a violent increase in the USA activation. Fearing that the USA will enter automatically War in November Japan declared the USA this month. Japan was totally unprepared to attack in the Pacific as we were aiming for a December 1941 attack. Not a single American air unit was destroyed and only a BB and a CA went to the bottom in Pearl Harbor… a dismal performance. I think that knowing this super USA activation I would not have attacked the USSR with Japan at all in 1941. The USA fleet survived almost intact and the air wings all escaped.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Taifun -- 11/23/2020 1:11:00 PM >

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 57
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:13:15 PM   
Taifun

November 1941
Thailand is invaded and Bangkok occupied by our para unit. Other Japanese forces enter Burma from China through Wanting. The first units disembark in the Philippines.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 58
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:14:17 PM   
Taifun

December 1941

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 59
RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 - 11/23/2020 1:15:45 PM   
Taifun

February 1942
We enter Malaysia from Thailand and approach Rangoon from 2 sides. Manila is attacked and the Philippines will Surender next turn. Hong Kong troops invade Japanese occupied China’s territory!!
In mainland Japan long range transports are readied to expand our empire further.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Taifun)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> RE: TAIFUN (Axis) vs Calcwerc (allies) Full game 1939 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI