Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply quandary

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Supply quandary Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply quandary - 11/28/2020 9:50:07 AM   
MrDave

I am still trying to figure out how to supply an amphibious landing.

1. It was suggested to load up an Hq with supply and land it. The problem here is the weight of the loaded Hq makes it almost impossible to transport. Don't you then have to reassign units to that Hq? Staffing becomes an issue.

2. It was also suggested to land an engineer to build a port. The unit needs supply to do this.

I have spent hours trying to figure out the quandary. Is this supposed to be this hard to figure out? What am I missing here?

Attachment (1)

In Him,
MrDave
TOAW OOBP PC ATG CoH
Post #: 1
RE: Supply quandary - 11/28/2020 7:58:49 PM   
Ormand

I think your problem might be that you don't have enough cargo ships for the invasion force you are sending. I haven't been doing many invasions myself recently (for various reasons), so I did a test with anewdaw3. I started a random game, and to speed things up I edited it to put a fleet and an HQ in a port city to start an invasion. The other units in the city were the default infantry and engineers. The fleet had 2 cruisers and 10 cargo ships and were supplied up. The HQ had 20 staff and 2 trucks. I added 1000 supplies to the HQ. I was able to load this force of three infantry "divisions", engineer, and HQ onto the fleet. I then transported them across the sea, and performed an invasion. I put the three infantry into three adjacent hexes, and the HQ and engineer in the middle hex. The HQ had ~900 supplies. In three turns, the engineer built a port. The longer time was because I only had 15 engineers, so it took too long to get enough EP saved up. So, don't scrimp on the engineers, you want them to build the port the very next turn.

The 900 supplies in the HQ are enough to supply this small force for about 3 turns, each infantry needs 46 supplies/turn, the engineers 30/turn, and the HQ 80/turn (shouldn't have brought over trucks). Once the port is built the supplies will travel over the sea, as will replacements as part of the TOE system. And yes, all the units in the invasion need to be subordinate to the HQ.

I think it might be a matter of matching the size of the invasion with the size of your fleet (especially cargo ships).

Cargo ships can carry a weight of up to 50. All the units have a weight of 2, except the trucks, which weight of 10. Also, each unit is carrying 2 supplies, except the trucks, which are carrying 10. Supplies have a weight of 0.1. So, the trucks have a weight of 11. The 1000 supplies, then have a weight of 100. In this case, my fleet was much larger than I needed. If I do the calculations right, the weight of my force should be 351.

(in reply to MrDave)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply quandary - 11/29/2020 5:34:24 AM   
Queenswu66

Web telephone service providers have actually come to be much more popular than traditional telephony companies. All thanks to the current breakthroughs in Internet modern technology. These advancements have resulted in cheaper telephone service and more feature-rich solutions.

(in reply to Ormand)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Supply quandary Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI