Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BETA-Tournament. Problems.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> BETA-Tournament. Problems. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 11/30/2020 6:59:06 PM   
Uchmunduk

Score: 0
Hi alls. I have big problem in new tournament. I cant start game. I see this all times:

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 11/30/2020 8:00:18 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Uchmunduk,

Sorry about this, seems as though we did something unexpected which is causing problems for everyone to get the tournament started here correctly.

1) Please navigate to the following folder and then make a copy of the '1939-45 Race to Victory.dat' file:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\PBEM++\DAT\v1.08.01

2) Then navigate to the following folder and place it there:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\PBEM++\<matrixusername>

3) Rename this file to the missing dat file name, e.g. 195650.dat in your case. The game should run fine after that.

NOTE, the 'AppData' portion of the path described above may be hidden and you may need to manually type this path in.

Hubert

(in reply to Uchmunduk)
Post #: 2
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/1/2020 3:29:24 PM   
papayeti

Hubert, I'm having the same issue trying to play my turn in the tournament. I got the same error message, I tried what you suggested above, weird thing is even though my main game screen shows version 1.08.1, there is no "v1.08.01" directory in the path shown in your message. There are directories for v1.08.00, v1.07.00, v1.06.02. The v1.08.00 directory is empty. Just to see if it did anything, I tried this with the DAT file from v1.07.00 but that generated the same error. I'm wondering if something happened during the last patch/update, and is there a way to re-apply it manually?
-Michael (papayeti)

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/1/2020 4:36:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

Try running the game and clicking on 'Single Player' from the MAIN MENU screen. This will then generate that v1.08.01 folder in that path and then you should be able to complete the instructions. If not please let me know.

(in reply to papayeti)
Post #: 4
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/2/2020 2:10:02 AM   
papayeti

Thanks Hubert, I tried those steps but it still did not work. I also tried launching from Steam and direct Shortcut, I also uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and verified the integrity of game files. Did a full system shutdown/restart, repeated the file copy process but still the same error.

Post #: 5
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/2/2020 6:19:15 AM   
Epekepe

Tournament game crashes when trying to save.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Epekepe -- 12/2/2020 6:20:00 AM >

(in reply to papayeti)
Post #: 6
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/2/2020 10:58:42 AM   
Epekepe

I tried again couple of times, and now it works.

(in reply to Epekepe)
Post #: 7
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/2/2020 5:45:30 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: papayeti

Thanks Hubert, I tried those steps but it still did not work. I also tried launching from Steam and direct Shortcut, I also uninstalled/reinstalled the game, and verified the integrity of game files. Did a full system shutdown/restart, repeated the file copy process but still the same error.

Let's try this:

1) Please launch the game, click on Single Player in the MAIN MENU screen. Exit the game.

2) Navigate to the following folder and then make a copy of the '1939-45 Race to Victory.dat' file (note 'AppData' may be hidden and you may need to manually enter the path, also you'll need to replace <username> with your username for your PC):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\PBEM++\DAT\v1.08.01

2) After you've copied the 1939-45 Race to Victory.dat' file, then navigate to the following folder and place it there (replace <matrixusername> with your Matrix username):

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\PBEM++\<matrixusername>

3) Rename this file to the missing dat file name, e.g. whatever the error missing message dat file name is being reported to you when you attempt to play the tournament game.

4) Now relaunch the game and it should work after this.

Apologies again for the hoops here, this won't happen again for the next tournament as something unexpected happened here with the settings, and if you get stuck, please let me know which step number you get stuck at and we can go from there.

Hubert

(in reply to papayeti)
Post #: 8
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/2/2020 8:36:07 PM   
papayeti

Rats! Still not working! Don't know if it will help the troubleshooting, but I do get the 'Downloading..." then "Unpacking..." messages before the Error message. I desperately want to help you figure this out, not just so I can play the game but from my own perspective as a future game developer. I was super excited to get into the tournament, since its a Beta run hopefully I'll get another chance, I'm afraid I'm going to get kicked out before I get a chance to play my turn.
Thanks for your help, let's figure this out!

Post #: 9
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/2/2020 10:02:03 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Payayeti,

Can you send me an email to support@furysoftware.com?

Let's take this offline as I should be able to help you sort this out more directly.

Hubert

(in reply to papayeti)
Post #: 10
RE: BETA-Tournament. Problems. - 12/3/2020 8:05:53 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Epekepe

Tournament game crashes when trying to save.

I've tracked down the issue and it is unfortunately tournament specific if you are attempting to Save or Quit during your first game in a mirrored game when starting the game fresh.

Subsequent Saves or Quits in your mirrored games while in the same session of the game should be fine.

Apologies for this,
Hubert

(in reply to Epekepe)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> BETA-Tournament. Problems. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI