Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Best ideology/government type?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Best ideology/government type? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Best ideology/government type? - 7/19/2021 9:12:44 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: arvcran2

On turn 40

A weight of 1000 looks impressive. Until you realized that Grand Convention has one of 3333 - 3 times that much.
And there is easily another 3k weights in all the other cards.

The more instances of a card you got:
- the higher the cost to generate that card
- the lower the weight for that card

So as long as you keep spamming or scrapping Grand Convention like that, your chances are pretty slim.

I did some math, and I would say the Recruit Talent card has a weight of 1000 from the total 7943.
So, something ~12.5%.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 7/19/2021 9:16:12 AM >

(in reply to arvcran2)
Post #: 31
RE: Best ideology/government type? - 7/19/2021 1:39:36 PM   
Uemon

Autocracy
Government
Heart

I feel like that way i get the least nonsense that slow me down.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 32
RE: Best ideology/government type? - 8/30/2021 7:47:34 AM   
vallu751

I usually start with Meritocracy, Government and Mind. Then try to drift towards democracy for at least a few turns for that sweet PP bonus. Government is often hard to maintain, so I try to keep the first two or three bonuses and get the first few from either Enforcement (better) or Commerce (okay if it means keeping a Corporation/leaders happy).

In terms of the side-track of getting the Internal Council first and hoping for Recruit Talent, I've tried it but can't recommend it due to a few reasons:

1) It takes quite a few turns to get the first bonus of Meritocracy. Before that, the Internal Council is almost useless. You might luck with a Tax stratagem to net a few credits, but that's it.
2) As the screenshot shows, Recruit Talent requires 100 hrCardPoints. That's a ton of BP that need investing, even if the weighed roll tries to get the card. Which it probably won't before you get a ton of other cards.
3) Other councils provide more value for the low BP amounts you have at the beginning. Economy Council on high Discovery will net you Solar Power, which is crucial. It's beneficial to unlock it before researching three techs from the first tech box. Main reason why I often start with Econ instead of Military research.

Once you have your BP production up, Internal Council becomes a lot more useful.

(in reply to Uemon)
Post #: 33
RE: Best ideology/government type? - 9/4/2021 11:57:19 PM   
DrakeD

Democrasy Government Mind. Play Cabinet retreat every turn. Makes your directors happy and gives them lots of xp. If you can get a decent interiour council director, he will soon be able to give you FP by playing the "mission impossible" card.

(in reply to vallu751)
Post #: 34
RE: Best ideology/government type? - 9/9/2021 7:00:53 PM   
postfux

I am playing democracy, commerce, mind at the moment.

I am not raising any taxes and have more money (and rares) than I can spend and plenty PP.

I keep all leaders above relation 85 thanks to HR cards, most are above 90. I do not have to care about natural realtion points.

My developed citys have happiness close to 100 and the frontier settlements let me up the democracy rating every turn against small sums of money to pacify workers unhappy with low QOL.

It does almost feel like cheating.

(in reply to DrakeD)
Post #: 35
RE: Best ideology/government type? - 9/22/2021 4:38:23 PM   
phyroks

Democracy Commerce Heart seems to be rather easy, if you have credits (and selling stuff gives you as much as you want) you just buy off all revolters, commerce generates lot of private credits for cities so they build up all the QOL buildings and you dont have to bother, you also get more food and production from private industries, heart makes leaders stay more loyal but mind is good option too. Commerce is just way too easy to keep high with the CEO, generally all of these 3 stats are easy to maintain.

Meritocracy+Government combo gives really strong bonuses but its rather hard to raise meritocracy and you usually just choose the oratory test and fail knowingly to raise it (like mentioned before). Goverment is way harder to raise than commerce. But the bonuses are sweet from these 2.

I dont generally care that much what the 3rd one is, if its early nemesis next door fist is good option! But I do think both heart and mind are also decent ones, atleast on hard.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Best ideology/government type? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI