Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are there shortcuts

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Are there shortcuts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are there shortcuts - 8/13/2003 2:10:52 PM   
Fred98

1) For viewing the frontlines (on/off)
2) For viewing minefields (on/off)
3) For viewing strong points/fortifications (on/off)
Post #: 1
- 8/13/2003 2:18:27 PM   
IJN_Shinano

Shortcut Keys here:

Front Line on/off = f
Minefields on/off = m
StrongPoints on/off = e

** Note that you can find quite a bit more shortcuts by consulting the Map Options screen. Just click once on the little "map" icon in the KP Control Panel (lower left corner of game screen).

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 2
- 8/13/2003 8:08:01 PM   
Sonny

For some reason it took me a long time to figure that out. Don't know why I did not notice it from the beginning - guess I was too excited to get down to battle.:o

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 3
- 8/17/2003 10:57:20 PM   
jvitous

I've put together a PDF of shortcuts that I could find in the game. This is going to be a part of our upcoming microsite on Korsun Pocket, but if anyone would like an advance copy (basically, I'd like some more eyeballs to look at it and let me know if I'm missing anything), just send me a note at [email]jeff@wargamer.com[/email]. Thanks!

Jeff Vitous
Director, Special Project and Partnership Development
The Wargamer
www.wargamer.com

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 4
Can you zoom in on the map? - 8/17/2003 11:31:01 PM   
bilbow

Can the map be zoomed in? I would expect you could, but I can't find a control of hothey to do it. I find I get eye strain trying to interpret the huge amount of detail presented on the map.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 5
- 8/17/2003 11:45:20 PM   
jvitous

Unfortunately, no, the map is fixed at 1024x768. While I don't have much problem with my 19" CRT that runs at this resolution normally (although I would love to zoom in on congested areas in particular to give the eyes a bit of break), I hear people with LCDs that don't run at 1024x768 natively are having some real issues. I'm not sure this is something correctible in a patch; hopefully, as the series moves forward, this will be addressed.

I just finished doing a preview of a computer conversion of the boardgame War! Age of Imperialism. To zoom in on any spot on the map, you need only move your mouse pointer there and scroll the wheel. It works beautifully, and this is a game developed in less than a year by a single programmer. This is similar to how it works in Medieval Total War as well...it is definitely a feature I am getting spoiled on.

Jeff Vitous
Director, Special Project and Partnership Development
The Wargamer
www.wargamer.com

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 6
- 8/18/2003 12:03:53 AM   
bilbow

Thanks, Jeff.
I sure hope it is corrected, because without a zoom the game is a lot tougher to play, at least for middle-age folks, than it should be.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Are there shortcuts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI