Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vital UI Improvements (including easier saving game)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Vital UI Improvements (including easier saving game) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vital UI Improvements (including easier saving game) - 12/7/2020 1:45:39 AM   
amarok23

It took me nearly an hour - reading the manual and forums to figure out how to save the game. Simply save the game.

The game is amazing, but I feel like I'm constantly fighting the UI. Accessibility/ease of use is not a strength.

VR, you are a genius game designer (have played since back Adv Tactics), and it is amazing what you have accomplished - and working alone - truly herculean and awe inspiring.

But the User Interface reminds me of wargames I played in the 90's.

I think the best investment of time/resources/focus would be to revise it, because it is the main barrier to entry (for others playing the game for the first time).

I think many general gamers would have rage quit at several points, such as when they could not save the game.

And that would be a true shame as there is clearly a great, great game, hiding there beneath the unintuitive UI.

Such as saving the game should come up as an option when you 'Esc', as it does in almost every other game.
Hitting 'Esc' doesn't even take you to a main or options menu, it only clears/exits where you are.

And if it were possible a quick-save feature 'Ctrl+S' and quick-load feature 'Ctrl+L' would come in incredibly handy.

It's a deep, complex game and I appreciate it's probably very, very hard to present it all clearly and efficiently, but I truly think it could be the most beneficial use of your time/energy/focus, as I guarantee it is the single most significant factor making players not enjoy it.
Post #: 1
RE: Vital UI Improvements (including easier saving game) - 12/7/2020 7:23:47 PM   
zuekamo

hoskeys have been asked for a while. included quick save and quickload. https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4838502

(in reply to amarok23)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Vital UI Improvements (including easier saving game) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI