Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some photos from my Germany/Italy game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> Some photos from my Germany/Italy game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 12/30/2020 8:27:56 PM   
GiveWarAchance

I am posting some photos from my game as Germany & Italy with Japan on AI control. It is the start of my turn so nothing has been done yet by me so some frontline units are in tatters from the enemy attacks just now.

It is July or August or something in 1944.

Allied juggernaut cooks my hapless units with their unlimited power.

Army Group North just pushed back a Soviet push into Finland. The swamp, bad weather and thick forests with few roads prevent progress in this area because any units moving ahead run out of supply and get stuck in all that natural mayhem while giant Soviet KV2 tanks and infantry armies block off the region.

Army Group Center is basically in a holding operation with few units, bad terrain with much swamp, and two HQs were sent to France to help there. The Soviet bulge is actually a containment pen to keep those Soviet units bogged down and out of the fight.

Here is the Caucasus mop up from both Army Group South and Rommel's Africa Corps. This is our most successful area along with Africa which the Italians are mopping up. Our AI Japan friend is slowly being rolled up by overwhelming USA island hopping in the classic way, so the only hope for the Axis is to secure the Baku area and move up to Stalingrad hopefully by 1945 we can get it.... good lord. I feel like we are winning though because the allies should get stalemated in France while Russia is very slowing being ground back, and our income and territory are steadily increasing. My big worry is Japan will be terminated by the USA. The Torch landings were wiped out by a strong German counterattack that inflicted heavy losses on the Americans so hopefully that weakened them a bit.

It was a particularly delicious moment when a Tiger tank unit snuffed out Bradley's HQ and brought the loudly complaining Bradly in for interrogation which is how he will spend the rest of his summer. He even threatened us like a mother tells monster stories to children: "Patton will come! And you will regret not letting me go right now! In fact, if you could see the future slaughter that Patton will bring down upon you rotten krauts for capturing me, you would fly me 1st class to Casablanca right now to be with him! As a reward for flying me there in style, you get to keep your plane until we destroy it a day or two later. You get what I'm saying you rotten krauts? FLY ME TO CASABLANCA NOW OR FACE THE WRATH OF PATTON!"

A staff member recorded all these threats, and the rant was printed on leaflets and a bomber dropped them over Patton's HQ to get him a good laugh. Upon reading the leaflet, Patton declared a 5 day period of rest to let the army resupply and to avoid accidentally saving Bradley too early. He said it was the first good reason he's ever had to delay an operation.

War Map shows the situation in summer 1944. It looks fairly good for the Axis, even considering the massive allied armies in the fog of war. We need to expand and inflict massive losses on the allies before Japan is smitten by the ruthless US onslaught.
Post #: 1
RE: Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 12/30/2020 11:02:23 PM   
Elessar2

You are up 2 on the Americans in tank tech. If they aren't all blasted back into the sea by the end of summer something went wrong somewhere.

Pacific pics pretty please...

(in reply to GiveWarAchance)
Post #: 2
RE: Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 12/30/2020 11:41:07 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Some Shermans already were brewed but they sure pile in with their waves of troops and tanks.

I hardly ever look at the Pacific cause I left it all to my AI friend to handle. The USA is very aggressively landing on islands and wiping out the Japanese units there.I hope if I slap around the US on my side of the world, then I can relieve some of the pressure on Japan. The UK has a lot of strat bombers as well but are further up and missed the photo so I had to invest a lot in AA protection all over.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 3
RE: Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 12/30/2020 11:51:50 PM   
GiveWarAchance

Elessar, I will post some pictures from the Pacific later when I fire up the game again. And Normandy too after maybe half a year of violent battles.

Post #: 4
RE: Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 12/31/2020 2:22:57 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Here is Japan's side of the world. It looks like they are still mopping up Corregidor with McCarthur's last staff still holding out in a cave.
The allies kicked Japan out of Thailand and Indochina. China is holding off the IJA in a long deadlock probably with heavy losses on both sides in their wonderful meatgrinder in the soaking monsoon rains turning the entire region into a soggy mess. It seems that China may even have a slight advantage with Japan's units badly worn down and very difficult to refit in the rough, wet terrain and not many mipps (MPP) to pay for much even if reinforcements could make it there.

The US has liberated the Solomons and nearly finished clearing Dutch East Indies. It is a sad mess for Japan. It is like watching a classic Tyson boxing match with a big tough talking brute reduced to a staggering, confused buffoon continuing to take crunchy punches from a robust Tyson landing punches where and when he pleases on the buffoon. I just hope Japan can buy us some time from the full attention of the brutal US war machine which is at its strongest in WW2 unencumbered by the toxic corruption of modern politics.

< Message edited by GiveWarAchance -- 12/31/2020 2:30:27 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 12/31/2020 3:57:37 PM   
Elessar2

How did the IJN do? I see one banged-up fleet CV & an equally dented CVL.

Post #: 6
RE: Some photos from my Germany/Italy game - 1/1/2021 2:21:39 AM   
GiveWarAchance

Elessar I took pictures in 1944 and 1945 showing the dismal performance of the IJN in this campaign. I don't know if they are managing to inflict any damage in return on the potent allied naval forces. I think there will be no Taffy 3 style experience for the US.

IJN carriers are all badly damaged and pulled back to Japan while the battleships look fine.

Marianas are buttoned down by Japan by snaffle marines and a deadly kamikaze unit complete with shinkatsu war paint on the fuselage. The Japanese do have a smack waiting for the US marines, but will the indomitable US military even notice the little slap as they crush all resistance before them like angry hippos trampling tourists who foolishly tried to take selfies with the fat animals?

IJN massacre. They lost the Hiyo carrier too on the next turn. Just as bad, the Philippines have been ransacked by rampaging American forces. I wonder how much, if any, return fire the USA is experiencing during this rampage?

Impressive British and Indian offensive in China to push out the Japanese. The AI for this game is definitely top notch.

Africa is our only success with the north all in German hands and the Italians fighting into Rhodesia now with South Africa as their goal.
Is there a way to purify North Africa of all USA taint? Do we have to walk around the Sahara desert suffering dreadful losses due to no supplies to change the nice olive green to boring desert color?
Usually when nations lose their major cities, they award us with a full national paint job compliments of the house.

In Normandy nothing has changed by Feb 1945. Losses were heavy on the allied side with us sometimes losing an infantry unit here and there. Our counterattacks have melted off a lot of allied infantry units leaving only the meaty tanks in a full line across France. We brewed up a few tanks too with little effect on the masses pushing into our soft German defenses requiring us to rotate units constantly plus pull out the tanks to improve them to level 5. Notice the jacked up Panther unit sitting in Arnhem in reserve. There was one allied paradrop in France which was cooked on the spot and another amphibious landing up by Kiel which required me to rail in units from the eastern front to cook those rascals sneaking ashore. Strangely, the western front feels far more lethal and 'one-shotty' compared to the Russian front which is misleading due to the long, rambling eastern front with its pick & peck type of combat during the epic stalemate, but most of our full unit wipes were due to American attacks in France.

The ghastly butcher's bill. Us little Axis delivered a lot of destruction but are fairing poorly on the map with stalemates everywhere except Africa, and to make is worse, Japan is irrevocably on the back foot.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> AAR >> Some photos from my Germany/Italy game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI