Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/7/2021 12:01:08 PM   
ledrobi

Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is the fourth wargame in the Decisive Campaign series. Covering the battles in the Ardennes between December 1944 and January 1945, it brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level.

Reducing the scale of the battlefield brings to life Operational wargaming by lowering the scale to just above tactical level, where the main unit of manoeuvre is the battalion. DC: Ardennes Offensive is a real classic wargame with an exceptional level of detail.

The game comes with a huge, full campaign scenario lasting over 16 days and several smaller scenarios focusing on several days of combat on specific parts of the front (like St. Vith and Bastogne). You will be able to play the whole Ardennes campaign on a 1km/hex map with battalion-sized Units at your command. Each day is divided into 4 turns, including a night turn.

Check out the product page to know more.
Post #: 1
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/12/2021 12:10:00 PM   
Profender

How soon is soon? Can not wait for this! Loved the previous games you made.

Best of luck on the development

(in reply to ledrobi)
Post #: 2
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/16/2021 2:55:58 PM   
sol_invictus

Will there be an option to use NATO symbols instead of the icons on unit counters? I always use NATO symbols in wargames but I must admit that the artwork for DC:A looks very nice. I would probably still choose to use NATO symbols though. Very much looking forward to release!

Disregard! I saw some videos tonight and now see that NATO symbols are an option. I must say again, the map and unit icon art is absolutely fantastic!

< Message edited by sol_invictus -- 1/17/2021 2:55:30 AM >

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to Profender)
Post #: 3
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/17/2021 11:06:27 AM   
nikdav

You can freely change the icon style during play !

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sol_invictus)
Post #: 4
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/17/2021 4:09:55 PM   
sol_invictus

Thanks! I have always been a firm NATO symbol guy since I started board war gamming back in the late 70's and am stuck in my ways but this might be the first computer war game that I actually give the artistic icons a try. They do look awesome!

< Message edited by sol_invictus -- 2/7/2021 9:59:15 PM >

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 5
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/17/2021 4:15:21 PM   
DekeFentle

Really can't understand why this title hasn't received more attention on this forum? Very excited to see this come to fruition! Everything posted here points towards a great game on the horizon. Thank you for all your efforts.

< Message edited by DekeFentle -- 1/17/2021 4:20:55 PM >

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Post #: 6
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/17/2021 4:45:29 PM   
Capt Cliff

When? Me know how, want to know when!!

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to DekeFentle)
Post #: 7
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/17/2021 11:56:12 PM   
sol_invictus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

Vic said in an interview last month that late second quarter looked very possible.

< Message edited by sol_invictus -- 1/19/2021 2:39:57 PM >

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 8
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/19/2021 7:59:26 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: sol_invictus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

Vik said in an interview last month that late second quarter looked very possible.

We certainly do hope so!
Many loose ends to still tie up :) But we are making progress. Hopefully we'll move to beta soon.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 9
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/19/2021 2:00:15 PM   
Profender

Great to hear. I still play all the previous titles frequently. Best of luck with the development.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 10
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/21/2021 7:28:31 PM   
Hoyt Burrass

Graphics are looking very nice....and I know gameplay will be right there too.

Roll Tide

(in reply to Profender)
Post #: 11
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/23/2021 12:27:12 PM   
DekeFentle

Very excited to see more on this title! Is there an AAR in the works?

(in reply to Hoyt Burrass)
Post #: 12
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/23/2021 7:02:13 PM   
Remmes

Good luck with development. Hope for a smooth release. Insta-buy!

(in reply to DekeFentle)
Post #: 13
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/23/2021 7:52:09 PM   
warspite1

quote:

Will there be an option to use NATO symbols instead of the icons on unit counters? I always use NATO symbols in wargames but I must admit that the artwork for DC:A looks very nice. I would probably still choose to use NATO symbols though. Very much looking forward to release!

Disregard! I saw some videos tonight and now see that NATO symbols are an option. I must say again, the map and unit icon art is absolutely fantastic!
warspite1

Me too! This is a deal breaker for me so really pleased they've kept with the option of NATO counters.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 14
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 10:34:50 AM   
DekeFentle

Could we get some more images of what is seen along the bottom of the screen when a unit is selected? On the product page the bottom is cut off.

Post #: 15
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 2:09:31 PM   
sol_invictus

quote:

ORIGINAL: DekeFentle

Could we get some more images of what is seen along the bottom of the screen when a unit is selected? On the product page the bottom is cut off.

Yes this please!

(in reply to DekeFentle)
Post #: 16
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 3:30:51 PM   
carll11

This will make my year....thank you Vic!

Post #: 17
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 3:31:43 PM   
carll11

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

Me too! This is a deal breaker for me so really pleased they've kept with the option of NATO counters.

+1

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 18
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 6:11:01 PM   
nikdav

quote:

The desktop of the alpha will be updated soon, Vic i still fixing the setup !
This is one of the probable view of the new bottom bar !

Attachment (1)

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 19
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 6:27:14 PM   
sol_invictus

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikdav

quote:

The desktop of the alpha will be updated soon, Vic i still fixing the setup !
This is one of the probable view of the new bottom bar !

That was quick! Thanks!

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 20
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 6:57:17 PM   
DekeFentle

Than you for the quick response! Looks like hex side facing is a thing. Aside from the "HEX" control shown above will the interface have right click pop ups that allow manipulation of the units?

Post #: 21
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 7:29:09 PM   
nikdav

There is a pop-up window if your unit move in enemy hex :
(but you see only the enemy that your recon-level or line of sight see !)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by nikdav -- 1/30/2021 7:33:36 PM >

(in reply to DekeFentle)
Post #: 22
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/30/2021 7:40:44 PM   
nikdav

Another pop-up window:

- If you want to transfer men or weapons to friendly unit in same hex or create a new combat unit!

- If you are out of fuel you can scrap trucks and heavy weapons to save your men on foot !

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by nikdav -- 1/30/2021 7:47:06 PM >

(in reply to nikdav)
Post #: 23
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/31/2021 12:53:53 AM   
sol_invictus

Yeah the flexibility that is offered is stunning. I had no idea it would include this degree of depth. I have never seen this in any other wargame. Hype meter at 11!

Post #: 24
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 1/31/2021 3:38:54 PM   
OldSarge

The ability to form 'ad hoc' units is certainly a first and I can't think of another game that does this, at best they allow you to modify the OOB by swap existing units into other existing units. The concept fits in well with the other tidbits of the game mechanism disclosed so far, like no hex ownership. This game has the potential to become the best bulge game on the market. ooking forward ot it!

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

Post #: 25
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 2/1/2021 6:44:32 PM   
simovitch

quote:

The ability to form 'ad hoc' units is certainly a first and I can't think of another game that does this,

Command Ops 2 has the ability to attach/detach and form ad hoc battlegroups with company and platoon sized units at the expense of additional delays in order processing time.

I'm watching this one closely but for me it will take a lot to surpass the flexibility and attention to detail of the CO2 Ardennes modules.

simovitch

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 26
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 2/2/2021 4:13:54 PM   
OldSarge

I have CO1 (and all of the DLC) and am familiar with the ability to attach, detach and reattach existing units to form new groups - from the manual that hasn't changed in CO2. However, that really only reshapes the OOB tree and while it does allow for the formation of a new group it isn't the same as creating a new unit from scratch using various elements from other units.

AFAIK, it isn't possible to create a new unit from scratch by transferring over selected elements from the establishments of existing units in CO. It isn't a problem for CO as it is largely at a company/platoon scale already, so if you just need a company sized unit to watch a crossroad just detach it. I think the scale for DC:AO makes that slightly more important to have the ability to create a more custom unit.

I did forget that is is possible to create new units and HQ from scratch in DC:CB. However, the units are created as empty shells and need to be built up with replacements over time.

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 2/2/2021 5:15:52 PM >

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 27
RE: Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon - 2/2/2021 8:48:14 PM   
nikdav

I think the two games are very different !

I like CO1/CO2 but for me is a battles simulation, DC Ardennes is a classic wargame with many new features!

CO1/CO2 need an expert player, DC Ardennes is also for the casual player !

< Message edited by nikdav -- 2/2/2021 8:51:29 PM >

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive is Coming Soon Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI