Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor Regimes can take structures from you without declaring war, but you cannot do the same

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Minor Regimes can take structures from you without declaring war, but you cannot do the same Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor Regimes can take structures from you without decl... - 1/10/2021 10:02:21 AM   
Krytor

It's probably happened to everyone by now. Some unit from outside your vision somehow runs all around your territory in a single turn. Let's skip over how BS it is that this is even possible and go to the important bit, they walked next to a Metal Mine and now it's theirs.

"Oh no", you think. "I had better take it back."

To which you are greeted with the message that informs you walking on that metal mine is an act of war (There's no unit currently on the mine).

Hopefully an easy to fix bug.
Post #: 1
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/12/2021 3:38:43 PM   
Vic

It should not be possible... but maybe there is a bug... if you have it please send me an autosave file where I can see the Mine being taken by the Minor Regime. Please send it to vic@vrdesigns.net

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Krytor)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/12/2021 5:41:17 PM   
jimwinsor

By coincidence, this actually happened to us on stream yesterday, here's the clip! Nomads just waltzed into our metal mine without a DOW: https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtsyArborealGooseKappaRoss

And then the Nomads had the nerve to try to sell us ammo, no doubt made from OUR metal!

The prior autosave is here: https://we.tl/t-gpGoND9UlH

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/12/2021 5:52:53 PM   
AgentFransis

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

By coincidence, this actually happened to us on stream yesterday, here's the clip! Nomads just waltzed into our metal mine without a DOW

This is just normal behavior. Minors that you don't have formal relations with have a fluid border that they will push wherever there's no resistance. Makes perfect sense, especially from nomads.

What's weird in OP's case is that he should be able to push the border back without a DOW. Maybe there actually is a unit on OP's metal mine but it's hidden. The AI does like sitting on top of assets.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 4
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/12/2021 6:15:00 PM   
jimwinsor

quote:

ORIGINAL: AgentFransis

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimwinsor

By coincidence, this actually happened to us on stream yesterday, here's the clip! Nomads just waltzed into our metal mine without a DOW

This is just normal behavior. Minors that you don't have formal relations with have a fluid border that they will push wherever there's no resistance. Makes perfect sense, especially from nomads.

What's weird in OP's case is that he should be able to push the border back without a DOW. Maybe there actually is a unit on OP's metal mine but it's hidden. The AI does like sitting on top of assets.

According to what Vic posted above though, minors are not supposed to be able to take facilities, even ungarrisoned ones, without a DOW. Which I did not know about until now ... like you I assumed their free-roving over valuable assets was intended. Otherwise I would have reported this long ago.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to AgentFransis)
Post #: 5
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/12/2021 8:32:47 PM   
zgrssd

Okay, let us make sure we do not talk past one another:
- Major regimes automatically respect each others borders. They can not enter without declaring war
- Minors do not respect Majors borders and or vice versa. However once a peace is signed that does mean they respect each others borders.
- Even if you can take each others borders, intentionally moving into a hex occupied by a unit requires a DOW.
- If you run into a Ambush, that one is just resolved without any relationship change

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 6
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/13/2021 4:33:07 PM   
Vic

Looking into this.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/14/2021 3:11:19 PM   
Vic

Will not make it for upcoming open beta. But will look into it for sure for early next week. Its rather complicated and might be based on unintentional conquest (trying to get to another hex and moving through).

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 8
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/14/2021 6:32:06 PM   
Krytor

Thanks, I appreciate how quick you solve these.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 9
RE: Minor Regimes can take structures from you without ... - 1/18/2021 2:56:37 PM   
Vic

This will be fixed for the upcoming new open beta version!

(in reply to Krytor)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> Minor Regimes can take structures from you without declaring war, but you cannot do the same Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI