Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: First Beta Wave Information

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: First Beta Wave Information Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: First Beta Wave Information - 3/6/2021 1:21:15 PM   
balto

Flash, I assume talking about Shadow Empires (SE) and the Rail lines being free, etc.., No matter, that ruined SE for me. I have no problem giving the AI more units or economy, etc.., but just let us know what the % increase is and do NOT change the rules for the AI - as you said.

(in reply to Hyperion1)
Post #: 61
RE: First Beta Wave Information - 3/6/2021 8:13:28 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

I find I have to sometimes mod in incredible bonuses to the AI if I want an enjoyable game. Otherwise its just going through the motions for a victory screen. I had to do this for DWU as even with everything set to hardest possible settings winning is always a certainty.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 62
RE: First Beta Wave Information - 3/6/2021 8:31:50 PM   
Jorgen_CAB

With a bit of Role-play and refuse to exploit obvious mechanical issues or AI deficiencies will also go a long way to have an enjoyable and decently challenging game. To me that is usually more enjoyable than giving stupid bonuses to the AI.

In Distant Worlds Universe I never exploited certain things such as taxing planets for population growth at zero, redesigning mining stations, constructors and transport ships to be more efficient. No point in doing this as it just give me an unfair advantage over the AI... among a few things... I do this in most strategy games for better enjoyment and more challenges against AI in general.

(in reply to SirHoraceHarkness)
Post #: 63
RE: First Beta Wave Information - 3/6/2021 9:00:08 PM   
SirHoraceHarkness

Never wanted to face a near unstoppable threat? A fun game for me might be to use a heavily modified boskara with custom characters and then see if I can survive along with a few allied races. Kinda like the shakturi story but not scripted. I also don't tend to mod the AI until I have already beat the crap out of the hardest vanilla settings unless the AI is particularly broken.

(in reply to Jorgen_CAB)
Post #: 64
RE: First Beta Wave Information - 3/7/2021 3:17:23 AM   
wamaye04

Does the AI cheat in DW2?

Post #: 65
RE: First Beta Wave Information - 3/7/2021 3:24:50 AM   
LordMM

I wish you could randomize the enemy though. Like randomly give bonuses to one of your enemies in a game.

Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> RE: First Beta Wave Information Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI