Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guadalcanal Political Points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Guadalcanal Political Points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guadalcanal Political Points - 2/19/2021 12:59:08 PM   
WJPalmer1

I'm in the second half of December '42 playing the Allies and noticed a few turns ago that my political points have dropped to zero and no new accumulation. Must've missed that in the scenario description along the way. I assume this is deliberate but think it's curious that none of the recent reinforcements arriving in South Pacific Rear Area Command would ever be available as a practical matter. Are they just added as historical window dressing? Also, since I likely missed the exact date this happened does someone know just when your political points are removed? BTW, fantastic game. Picked it up at $16 recently during the big sale.

< Message edited by WJPalmer1 -- 2/19/2021 1:00:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Guadalcanal Political Points - 2/19/2021 1:10:15 PM   
Maallon

Assuming that you play Scen#4, the reason why your political points(PP) have dropped is likely that you haven't withdrawn the Squadrons that are due in 10 November 1942.
If you don't withdraw Units before their scheduled withdrawal Date, you will loose PP every turn, that is likely what caused yours to become zero.

If you want to see which Units are due to withdrawal go to the Intel Screen(Shortcut I) where you will have three different menus who will tell you when to withdraw Groups, Ships and Ground Units.
Ground Units are withdrawn automatically once their withdrawal date is reached and they basically just disappear.
Ships and Groups must be withdrawn manually, there is a button for this in the respective Screen of the Group/ship. Be aware that Ships can only be withdrawn in certain major Ports.

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 2
RE: Guadalcanal Political Points - 2/19/2021 1:11:01 PM   
ITAKLinus

Perhaps you forgot to withdraw air groups or ships. Check both from the "i" tab. I strongly suspect that's the case

I think there is also something written in the opsReport? Not sure about that, though

Francesco

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 3
RE: Guadalcanal Political Points - 2/19/2021 2:04:24 PM   
WJPalmer1

Thanks for the information. No doubt that's it. I confess that I was not closely following withdrawals and assumed that all units targeted to leave would just disappear.

Lots of nuance to this game, which is one of the reasons I enjoy it.

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 4
RE: Guadalcanal Political Points - 2/19/2021 2:18:05 PM   
Maallon

Welcome to our self-imposed nightmare full of enjoyment

If you have any further questions feel free to ask away.

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Guadalcanal Political Points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI