Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Model design, generational progression

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Model design, generational progression Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 5:38:45 AM   
shabowie

I don't really understand how this works. I had a really great roll on my basic infantry in my current game, but rather than get better with field testing and successive generations it seems to be getting worse. Do you see this? I just had unlucky rolls or what?
Post #: 1
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 8:06:07 AM   
newageofpower

Post screenshot of your Management-> Model -> Design tab so we can see what you are talking about.

(in reply to shabowie)
Post #: 2
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 12:39:23 PM   
zgrssd

I wrote a guide for it:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2307452953

What you are saying really makes no sense. Unless you replaced gear for worse one or started a totally new model line, there is no way for values to ever decrease.

There is a small exception - for artillery the Firepower is split into several attacks - so increasign firepower can cause some damage drop, as a extra shot is added.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 3
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 4:45:16 PM   
Uemon

I dont think i have ever rolled worse stats when building upon a design? Even if you just spam it one model design task after another, im pretty sure they get slightly better even without field testing (at the cost of longer time for every consecutive model).

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 6:15:54 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Uemon

I dont think i have ever rolled worse stats when building upon a design? Even if you just spam it one model design task after another, im pretty sure they get slightly better even without field testing (at the cost of longer time for every consecutive model).

Accordign to Vic - at least for Weapon/Armor/Engine Design - the game uses a set of new rolls or the previous ones - wichever is higher. Indeed you can see this in the Design Log for each Model parst the 1st.
If they actually decrease, it is a plain old bug. And a pretty big one at that.

More likely he added more firepower to artillery and thus had the firepower split over more attacks.
Or he added Gas-powered Small Arms, not realizing they are less Firepower then Automatic Riles (saving ammo is their thing).
Those are the usual causes for issues here.

(in reply to Uemon)
Post #: 5
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 8:31:57 PM   
shabowie

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower

Post screenshot of your Management-> Model -> Design tab so we can see what you are talking about.

Actually on that screen it does show them getting slightly better in stats with each generation.

Inside the design log is where it shows the rolls getting worse.

My first gen soldier had a structural design roll of 112 or something and the 3rd gen soldier III has a roll in the 80s listed.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 6
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 8:37:27 PM   
shabowie

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Accordign to Vic - at least for Weapon/Armor/Engine Design - the game uses a set of new rolls or the previous ones - wichever is higher. Indeed you can see this in the Design Log for each Model parst the 1st.
If they actually decrease, it is a plain old bug. And a pretty big one at that.

Ok that's what it is, didn't realize those lower rolls were shown overruled later on in the log.

Sorry dudes, game is complicated, I don't know where the info I'm looking for is half the time. LOL.

< Message edited by shabowie -- 2/20/2021 8:43:04 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 9:48:10 PM   
mroyer

> Sorry dudes, game is complicated, I don't know where the info I'm looking for is half the time. LOL.

Don't get discouraged, and keep asking - the folks here are a great help.
I've been playing SE since it's original release last June and I'm still constantly discovering hidden spots and deep recesses where key information lurks.

-Mark R.

(in reply to shabowie)
Post #: 8
RE: Model design, generational progression - 2/20/2021 10:26:59 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: shabowie
Ok that's what it is, didn't realize those lower rolls were shown overruled later on in the log.

No worries, we're all noobcakes here. I remember the first time I made a new artillery model with a bigger gun and the attack value *decreased*... I almost fell out of my chair, lol.

(in reply to shabowie)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Model design, generational progression Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI