Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/4/2021 1:58:22 PM   
ITAKLinus

EDIT: double post.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 91
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/4/2021 2:43:03 PM   
RangerJoe

If you take the time to transfer the carrier air unit to a base, upgrade it, then the next turn load the air unit onto the aircraft carrier, the planes should repair faster.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 92
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/4/2021 2:51:11 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

If you take the time to transfer the carrier air unit to a base, upgrade it, then the next turn load the air unit onto the aircraft carrier, the planes should repair faster.

Thanks for the reply Joe! I forgot that: I guess it's gonna be for the next time... My carriers are already sailing SOUTH now

There is one more CVL arriving soon in Singapore: she will do the upgrade in this, more efficient, manner.

Francesco

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 93
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/4/2021 3:38:27 PM   
ITAKLinus

17 JANUARY 1942
TURN 42

I) DEI THEATER

My AmphTFs and various BombTFs reach the area of operations around Toboali. The enemy sends wave after wave of Dutch bomber, which suffer horrendous losses for just one hit on a xAK.

I launch a modest AF bombing run on two AFs in Java. Very little results.

The enemy also insists on bombing my troops in Dili. My LRCAP today flies and downs many of the attackers for no losses.

II) PACIFIC OCEAN THEATER

Landing AirSupport in various bases: Lae; Finshafen; Salamua. More stuff are being unloaded in Rabaul.

III) CHINA THEATER

At the price of 670 casualties, I take another hex on the road to Sian.

The enemy has also sent a lonley unit in HK, which is well defended. In a couple of days some tanks should seal inside the city the enemy troops.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I conquer Howrath and the defenders (Fort Lewis from Calcutta) suffer heavy casualties. No damages to the industrial items.

My troops are marching everywhere and I am confident Bezwada will be taken soon.

Calcutta itself is cleaned of mines.

No contact with the enemy.

I) DEI THEATER

Troops in Burma are apparently willing to block my Thai units one hex EAST of Pegu. I have the 16th and 56th Divisions ready in Singapore: once he reaches the jungle hex EAST of Pegu, I launch my amphibious assault at Pegu itself. I hope I will encircle everyone and destroy the Burma Army in one engagement.

The position of US CVs is still unknown, so I have to act carefully in the DEI. I will send the 2xCVLs and the Kaga NORTH to support the eventual landing in Pegu once I finish the landings in Java. I still have to conquer both Cocos Island and Christmas Island IO., which where supposed to be taken ages ago.

With the solid position I hold in India, I think it's wise to cancel the so-called "3rd wave" of 4 divisions and instead finish Java and Burma quickly, enabling an attack on Darwin during the amphibious bonus time.
It's not really strategic, but I want to establish a decent position around Darwin early on. Java is very strategic instead and the quicker I take it, the better. Hopefully, it won't last until the deadline I set for the capture of it: the 15th of February '42.

CHINA THEATER:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ITAKLinus -- 3/4/2021 3:57:50 PM >

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 94
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/4/2021 4:04:57 PM   
ITAKLinus

And...

INDIA THEATER:

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 95
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/5/2021 9:42:04 AM   
ITAKLinus

18-19 JANUARY 1942
TURN 43-44

I) DEI THEATER

I land in Java without major issues and I am in the process of encircling Batavia.

LRCAP over Dili gets a bad day and a group of P40Es manages to down 3 A6M2s for only 2 of their own. 1 pilot KIA, 2 WIA.

I find US CVs at Townsville. Now I am trying to develop Buna to AF lvl4 so that I can try a torpedo attack on them.

CA Chigaco gets 2 torpedoes SOUTH of Melbourne and sinks, hopefully with all hands.

III) CHINA THEATER

Nothing new or relevant.

IV) INDIA THEATER

A random tank unit takes back Rangpur, freeing the railway. It's a major blow to my hope of being able to encircle the allied troops S-E of Calcutta.
I tried a paradrop on Tezpur but it failed.
A tank unit is reaching the area and many bombers are keeping allied losses high.

Bezwada falls. Calcutta AF operational and hopefully tomorrow it will reach lvl5.

Madras apparently evacuated. 2 divisions are marching toward Hyderabad, 1 toward Madras and 2 toward Jamshedpur. Another division is in Calcutta resting/garrisoning and the Imperial Guards is marching toward Rangpur: it will engage the allied armies fleeing from the Indo-Burmese border.

Ships of every kind are being withdrawn.

V) OTHER

Nothing relevant to note. With Java campaign going fairly well and key locations in India already secured, I am in a very good strategic position.

Pacific Ocean Theater is my main issue right now, since I do not have neither the infrastructure, nor the assets to keep it as defended as I would like to.
Southern part of DEI (Timor&co) is another area in which I am fairly weak, but there is nothing the Xenxen can do to prevent my offensive there.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 96
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/5/2021 12:36:04 PM   
ny59giants

Can you list where your Air HQs are at or going to?

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 97
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/5/2021 8:59:43 PM   
RangerJoe

Torpedo planes do not need level four, level two works.

― Julia Child

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 98
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/6/2021 2:04:13 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

Torpedo planes do not need level four, level two works.

Really? Hell, I've always taken into account lvl4 for Betty/Nell. Well, I guess now I have to move the AirHQ earlier than I thought!

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants
Can you list where your Air HQs are at or going to?

1) 11th AirFleet. 144A.S. Destination= Alinglaplap (HQrange=5)
2) 11th AirFlotilla. [R] 72A.S. will stay in Onshu
3) 12th Air Flotilla [R] 72A.S. will stay in Onshu
4) 21st Air Flotilla 72A.S. Destionation = Thousand Ships Bay
5) 22nd Air Flotilla 72A.S. Destionation = Cocos Island and then Indian Theater
6) 23rd Air Flotilla 72A.S. Destionation = Probolinggo (training area)
7) 24th Air Flotilla 72A.S. Destionation = Tabiteuea
8) 2nd Air Div 72A.S. Destionation = Buna (HQrange=4)
9) 3rd Air Div 72A.S. Destionation = Indian Theater (HQrange=4)
10) 5th Air Div 72A.S. Destionation = Dili (HQrange=4)
11) 1st Air Div [R] 72A.S. will stay in Onshu

Francesco

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 99
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/6/2021 2:14:26 PM   
ITAKLinus

20-23 JANUARY 1942
TURN 45-48

I) DEI THEATER

Landings in Java are going well. Tomorrow, I will launch the first deliberate at Batavia, which should be lightly defended.
Most of the Dutch forces retreated in the southern part of the island.

No other relevant news from the area.

No relevant news.

B17s bomb every turn my troops in Milne Bay and Rossel Island.

III) CHINA THEATER

I have liberated Sinyang and I'm now marchin toward NORTH from there.

I am also in the process of freeing up the last offbase hex before Sian. I hope to assault Sian in few days.

IV) INDIA THEATER

Last turn I lost many (30) bombers over Rangpur. He has finally put to "combat mode" his units there and the FlaK has had a happy day.

I'm cleaning up most of the territory, meeting no resistance whatsoever. Hyderabad looks basically empty, same for Madras. We'll see... I conquered most of the bases intact and it's gonna help me much industrially.

V) OTHER

I think Xenxen is a very heavy supporter of a "full Sir Robin". So far, he is withdrawing as fast as he can everywhere, with the notable exception of southern DEI and SoPac where it's evident he wants to counterattack ASAP.
Especially at Timor, he has brought in reinforcements and is trying to attack Dili coming from Lautem.

So far, so good. I'm conquering India on the cheap and very quickly. China is going well too and soon I'll land three divisions in Burma, hoping to close the front very quickly.

Southern DEI are somewhat behind on the schedule, but I think I will simply unleash the KB so that I can restart my landings everywhere. Currently, I do not have air superiority SOUTH of Celebes and it is basically impossible to move slow ships in the area. Once KB is present, I can smash through enemy positions and land in several other key bases.

Sub war is going remarkably well, with at least 2-3 cargo ships hit every day. I have roughly half of the subs doing close support to operations (with the sole purpose of discouraging enemy actions) and the other half spread around the world hunting down cargo ships coming from offmap/west coast/etcetc.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 100
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/6/2021 3:01:24 PM   
RangerJoe

If he is counterattacking on Timor, then those units are subject to being cut off and destroyed.

― Julia Child

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 101
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/6/2021 4:35:19 PM   
ITAKLinus

24 JANUARY 1942
TURN 49

I) DEI THEATER

Batavia conquered with minimal losses. A large AmphTF leaves Singapore headed to Batavia itself: in two days they do arrive and load the division which will then land further SOUTH along the eastern coast of Java.
A DMS TF will arrive instead tomorrow in order to clean the harbour.

Cocos Island captured and another couple of bases taken in Sumatra.

Large LRCAP over Dili nets me a decent amount of enemy planes (30-40) with 1 pilot KIA only on my side (plus 2 a/c ops).

Three divisions leave Singapore on ship. Their target: Pegu.

Nothing new.

III) CHINA THEATER

Nothing new.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I keep conquering bases around. Soon, my tanks will reach Benares while my division will attack both Madras and Hyderabad.

Xenxen pushes me back from Rangpur. Dunno what he does have in his mind, but I should have the railway passing through Darjeeling cut off. On the other side of the river I have only a tank unit, which today destroyed an Assam Rifle Bn. A division will arrive in few turns (it will be tomorrow in the hex S-E of the location).

Aerial bombing on the enemy stack is impractical, but I will try again at 15.000ft in order to slow them down.

I cannot find any enemy deep into indian territory. Madras has apparently only 1 LCU and Hyderabad 0 (I guess this is an oversight from my recon since there should be various static units around...).

V) OTHER

China and India campaigns are going very well.

The assault on Java has been quite costly in terms of ships sunk, but it's ok. At least the northern part of DEI is firmly in my hands.

Now it's time to finish off Java and conquer the rest of DEI, while I consolidate in the SoPac. KB will support the landing in Pegu and will then go in the Pacific Ocean. Indian Ocean is free of enemy shipping and, apparently, even planes.

US CVs are nowhere to be found. Last time I've seen them was 4-5 turns ago in N-E Australia. I am quite confident they're not slipping through the Gulf of Carpentaria headed to southern DEI, but I'm also unaware of their presence in other harbors. Considering the large CA-based TF I found SOUTH of Melbourne, I think he's bringing naval assets to Perth and, from there, to the Indian Ocean. I should have some NavS asset in Cocos very soon, though: it will prevent any foolish transit Perth-Celyon.

quote:

If he is counterattacking on Timor, then those units are subject to being cut off and destroyed.

Yeah, I'm mostly bothered by the fact I have to care of such a minor issue. I will delete every enemy presence as soon as I bring my flattops in the area. On the flip side, he's giving me for free many aces: A6M2-equpped groups are doing a wonderful job in LRCAP and talling many kills. I don't know whether it's wise from his side to waste so many planes, which can be useful in defensive actions. F.ex. P40Es are a very decent asset in the fighter-free Australia: losing them over Dili for little returns is wrong.

Francesco

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 102
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/6/2021 9:01:10 PM   
ITAKLinus

25 JANUARY 1942
TURN 50

I) DEI THEATER

Nothing new.

AirHQ moved to Buna. Nothing new otherwise.

III) CHINA THEATER

Tank vanguards reached the hex SOUTH of Sian. Tomorrow, I try a deliberate.

Troops keep moving.

IV) INDIA THEATER

Fluid situation. My bombing run on Rangpur had few losses due to FlaK. Very well.

I'm advancing everywhere. I think Madras has a division defending it, so it won't be an easy attack. Hyderabad is apparently empty.

V) OTHER

CVL Soho is ready at Yokohama/Yokosuka.

Nothing new around the world.

INDIAN THEATER:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ITAKLinus -- 3/6/2021 9:02:47 PM >

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 103
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/7/2021 1:33:10 AM   
ITAKLinus

25-27 JANUARY 1942
TURN 51-52

I) DEI THEATER

Dili is lost to the enemy assault. I have minimal losses and my Infantry Group survives in the base. Help will be sent soon.

I launch an assault from Buna to Cairns. I found there a modest CAP which is not really hurt by my A6M2 sweep. I lose 1 KIA, 1 WIA over the base.
Then Betty/Nell bombers manage to plant a couple of torpedoes on enemy cruisers losing 10 of their own. Too many losses: I won't repeat the attack.

III) CHINA THEATER

Xenxen is attacking various locations on the coast, while I am in the process of marching on Sian, which I expect to fall after few assaults.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I conquer Hyderabad for no losses. Soon, I'll attack Madras as well.

The 19 LCUs trapped EAST of Calcutta are still in Rangpur-Darjeeling area.

Nothing new happens.

V) OTHER

I am in the process of sending the KB back to the Pacific Ocean. I will pass through the area of ocean between Borneo and Mindanao, so I will get discovered.
US CVs are still untetected.

My idea is to bring the KB to Babeldaob and then split it in two: one part will support the conquest of southern DEI and the other one will go straight to Truk. From there, it will go to Rabaul and assist in my actions to send reinforcements to various bases in the area.

Tomorrow, I'll land in Pegu. I don't expect heavy resistance and I think Rangoon will fall soon afterwards. In line of principle, after Rangoon has fallen, most of the troops will go back to Singapore, from where they'll be redeployed.
Thus, I will have 3 divisions in Singapore with no immediate duties: I think I'll go for Darwin with heavy naval support. There is also the not-so-dumb idea of invading Mindanao and reducing the time I will have to spend there in the future, but I'm quite against this option.
Landing in Darwin and then going straight for some bases in N-E Australia is probably the best option, also considering that with these three divisions I wouldn't be able to conquer Celyon.

So far the campaign is going quite smoothly, I have to say. I plan to have all the key objectives taken by the end of landing bonus, so I'm still quite in hurry. KB movement in southern DEI should solve many of my issues. I have decided not to employ KB in Burma, differently from what I had planned before. Fact is that I don't need it there, while in the DEI it can cover my operations in the area.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 104
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/7/2021 1:21:39 PM   
ITAKLinus

28-29 JANUARY 1942
TURN 53-54

I) DEI THEATER

Landed in Semarang and conquered the place. Tomorrow, I'll land in Tepoje, near Soerabaja. Heavy dutch air attacks on my TFs, but I somehow survive.

KB is passing now between Borneo and Mindanao: it will be in the area of operations soon.

The enemy tries to kill my unit in Dili with little success (so far...).

I launch a sweep over Cairns and I find it heavily defended by american fighters. I suppose he has used his CVs to bring fighters forward.

On the 28th, an allied landing team arrives in Rossel Island and captures the place. Can't do much: my 15AV SNLF fragment got killed by 4Es.

III) CHINA THEATER

I keep fighting along the coastline with bomber support. Nigpo and Foochow might fall soon.

My vanguards reach Sian and I am close to encircle more troops in the plains SOUTH of Sian itself (Sinyang-Loyang area).

IV) INDIA THEATER

Hyderabad is occupied with no fight whatsoever and tomorrow I launch my first deliberate in Madras.

Troops which were trapped at the indo-burmese border are still trying to escape, but I have an infantry division which will be in position in a couple of turns. I suspect his losses will be high. Railway terminals further NORTH are all occupied by roaming tank unis, so he can't do much.

V) OTHER

I landed in Pegu and occupied the place, inflicting heavy casualties to the enemy. Now I have two divisions marching toward Rangoon and one splitted defending Pegu and reinforcing Moulmein. Moulmein garrison is holding its ground fairly well, but they will soon fall to the rage of enemy's Ghurkas.

I'm banking PPs and I am still uncertain on how to use them. Probably I will purchase AAs and ENGs from Manchuria/Onshu/China.
The alternative is to get a division from Onshu and few other units which can be used as garrison in India (I'm terribly short of garrisons).

The war is proceding quite ok on all fronts. If I manage to secure the rest of DEI by the end of February, then, I will be in a perfect position to strike heavily on multiple axis.
At this regard, I have noted 19 (!) LCUs in Cairns and the recon tells me there are billions of troops and vehicles... Townsville, however, is not as much defended. I clearly see a landing there with the 3 divisions now in Rangoon area, while the two in Java will grab Darwin.
Still quite uncertain whether 3 divisions in Townsville would do the trick of trapping the guys in Cairns, though. My idea is to land in Townsville, march NORTH, destroy enemy LCUs in Cairns and finally assuming a defensive position in the area so that I can withdraw the forces with little risk.
We'll see how it goes in the next days... In any case, Rangoon comes first (due to the OIL in Magwe)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 105
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/7/2021 4:42:12 PM   
ITAKLinus

30 JANUARY 1942
TURN 55

I) DEI THEATER

I land in Tepoje and Dutch airforce, together with the "famous" Vindicator group, sink 4 of my ships. A fifth cargo will sink soon.

Still, the landing succeeded and I will take the base tomorrow.

I sweep Cairns from PM with Tainan group and kill various enemy planes for no losses.

III) CHINA THEATER

I bombard Sian and I discover the enemy has almost 1.500AV in the place. Definitely doable.

Nothing new happens around the area a part from a couple of Chinese Corps surrendering.

IV) INDIA THEATER

First deliberate at Madras meets little resistance by the local fort.

I keep moving my troops further and further.

Bombay looks defended by only 2 LCUs, of which one is an infantry division. It's going to be one of my main targets in the next weeks. I hope I will be able to conquer the place before Xenxen can bring in any substantial reinforcement.

V) OTHER THEATER

Everything going well. Gathering ENGs in Shangai so that I can ship them to the Pacific Theater.

R&D going very well, with 4(26) already repaired of a Ki-94-II factory the greatest success. Oscar and Rufe going very fast. Judy repairing easily, just like Jill. Frank on average. A7M2 basically non repaired at all.

We'll see how it goes.

INDIA THEATER:

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 106
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/7/2021 9:41:47 PM   
RangerJoe

Just make sure that you have a base on Mindinao that connects to the other bases while taking the bases that are not connected. You can clear the island after the invasion bonus is over.

― Julia Child

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 107
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/8/2021 5:00:47 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

Just make sure that you have a base on Mindinao that connects to the other bases while taking the bases that are not connected. You can clear the island after the invasion bonus is over.

Yeah, it's a plan for the last couple of weeks of amph bonus.

I am also considering to bring my siege artillery units in Luzon and use a single division to cover their bombings and speed up the thing

Francesco

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 108
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/9/2021 4:05:34 PM   
ITAKLinus

31 JANUARY - 03 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 56-59

I) DEI THEATER

Now in the process of conquering the last bases of Java. No big news here, really.

My guys at Dili are heroically defending their positions and soon will receive help with KB cover.

Nothing new. The allies are somewhat active here but I don't feel thretened by the enemy: I already hold most of the positions I decided to take.

III) CHINA THEATER

Great success here. I lost Nigpo, but I am not in the process of both conquering Sian and smashing the defenders of Nanyag, which are trapped.

IV) INDIA THEATER

In India we are doing fine. Both Hyderabad and Madras are in my hands, with the latter completely destroyed in the two deliberate attacks I did to grab the place.

Enemy troops withdrawing from Indo-Burmese border are going to escape. Here I messed up. Still, they're bleeding quite a lot due to air attacks and various troops.

No signs of enemy reaction.

V) OTHER

I conquered Rangoon (intact) and I will get Magwe soon. Life is great.

Nothing else to note, I dare to say. The whole campaign is going quite straightforwardly so far.

INDIA THEATER:

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 109
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/9/2021 4:06:16 PM   
ITAKLinus

CHINA THEATER:

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 110
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/9/2021 4:06:55 PM   
ITAKLinus

DEI THEATER:

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 111
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/9/2021 5:32:30 PM   
ITAKLinus

04 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 60

I) DEI THEATER

Nothing new.

Tomorrow I land in Timor East, hopefully rescuing the guys at Dili. Xenxen has two Indian Brigades in the place and I'd like to kill them.

I'm closing on Soerabaja, where all the dutch forces have gathered for a final stand.

Nothing new.

III) CHINA THEATER

I did a clumsy shock attack at Nanyang and get repusled. Now I will try to send few hundreds of bombers and try again. The base is officially encircled.

In Sian 1.500 more AV are getting in Sian, then I start the attacks.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I keep advancing everywhere. Nothing to report. Enemy retreating all along the frontline.

V) OTHER

A B24 bomber strike on HK hits various ships but nothing serious happens.
I landed in Mindanao with the force devoted for Tarakan: I had a very unlucky sub attack and I want to try to save a DD, which has been hit. I think that having a base there will give the ship a hope not to sink.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 112
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/10/2021 9:46:31 AM   
ITAKLinus

05-06 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 61-62

I) DEI THEATER

I finally reach Soerabaja. I have only 450AV vs 510AV of the anglo-dutch defenders, but more are coming. My vanguards are under air bombing, but nothing serious.

Recaptured Lautem, in Timor East. Now it's time to get Dili as well.

A bridgehead in Mindanao is taken by a fragment of the 64th Brigade.

I sweep Cairns from Buna (13hex) with A6M2s and I do a nice 2-12 (2 MIA). I'll repeat tomorrow with another group. It's always nice to kill enemy fighters in Australia, given the paucity of groups present at the beginning.

III) CHINA THEATER

Now in the process of taking Sian and Nanyang. I won't be able to completely destroy enemy troops in the latter: I lost a key battle in one of the hex around the city and now the guys have a retreat path.

IV) INDIA THEATER

Marching quickly everywhere. Nothing relevant to note.

V) OTHER

Burma campaign is going on very quickly and I'll reach Magwe, the real target, soon. An extremely relevant aspect of the Burma campaign is to make possible the transit of Thai troops, essential in garrisoning big bases in India.

I also decided that I will soon land in Celyon, with the aim of establishing a bridgehead in the island, which will be taken after the amph bonus has expired. Not a big deal: I land a division, I take one base and then bring in ENG to develop it. When it's the time, I move various NavalSupport units and land more troops.
So far, I do believe that Xenxen has reinforced the island with many units, but I cannot tell for sure.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 113
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/10/2021 7:54:45 PM   
ITAKLinus

07-09 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 63-65

I) DEI THEATER

I approach Koepang with KB. In the meanwhile, I sweep Darwin and I down various fighters. Koepang itself is swept and attacked and several a/c are damaged on the ground.

I should be able to land there in a couple of days.

Soon, I'll start the deliberate at Soerabaja, last allied bastion in the whole theater.

My A6M2s swept a couple of times Cairns, obtaining the usual obscene results of around 1:10 loss:kill ratio.

Nothing new otherwise.

III) CHINA THEATER

Japanese forces conquered Sian with massive casualties among the defenders (over 21.000) and Nanyang is secured as well. Now it's time to march toward Chungking plains from Sian area, securing in the meanwhile Langchow.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I keep marching everywhere and conquering base after base. Bombay is within sight of my vanguards and I will invest the city soon.

V) OTHER

Burma is almost secured. Japanese troops are approaching Magwe and its precious oilfields.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 114
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/10/2021 10:25:13 PM   
ITAKLinus

10 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 66

I) DEI THEATER

KB is close to Koepang and smashes the AF again. Allied air losses are mounting and I hope to land and destroy many damaged a/c on the ground once I get the base. Astonishingly, I see 21 LCUs and over 10.000 men in the base. I have a couple of Infantry Groups (should be around 450AV in total).

The entire fleet is leaving Singapore to go SOUTH: the idea is to use the fleet to bomb Koepang into submission and then keep the ships there in order to assist the operations on Darwin.

Nothing new. Rabaul at 36% of AF lvl9.

III) CHINA THEATER

A large army is trying to chase the ex defenders of Sian. Nothing new happens.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I keep the pressure high on the guys who are escaping from the Indo-Burmese border. Every single day, a deliberate or two keep them honest and cause losses.

Various troops are also approaching relevant railway terminal in S-W India and near Bombay.

Don't know whether it's gonna be one of the quickest conquests of India ever, but I will try to get everything beneath the LOD before the landing bonus expires. Gonna be tricky for Bombay and Celyon, but I can definitely manage to conquer both in a month and a half: it's not even a month I've landed the first troops in the subcontinent.

V) OTHER

My advance in Burma is steady and I cannot see any kind of organised resistance anymore. Hope Magwe will be occupied very soon.

Thai troops are still far from arriving in the area (they're marching from Chiang Mai), but they'll eventually arrive in India, where I'm gonna use them as garrisons.

Various troops are shipped every day from Onshu to SoPac. Mostly ENG, there are also few combat units and AAs.

INDIA THEATER:

Attachment (1)

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 115
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/11/2021 9:50:37 AM   
ITAKLinus

11 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 67

I) DEI THEATER

I land in Kopang, where many ex defenders of Singapore have gathered. KB moves SOUTH of Timor and sinks a small convou (2 xAPs + 1 DD) full of troops, then it bombs Koepang's AF and keeps it closed.

Sweep over Cairns and usual heavy losses among the defenders.

III) CHINA THEATER

Nothing new.

IV) INDIA THEATER

I'm approaching Poona, near Bombay. Once it is secured, many ART units will arrive by train and start bombing Bombay's defenders.

In the EAST, my troops are somehow hunting down the remnants of the Indo-Burmese army.

A fragment of a division is near Bangalore and I hope to capture it soon, even though I might be too light for the task.

V) OTHER

Many ENG have arrived in Mariana Islands and will start various infrastructural works; it's important to start early.

A tank vanguard reaches Magwe, empty, and I hope it will be in my hands tomorrow. Various Burmese defenders are trying to escape in the N-E of the area, but they suffer increasingly heavy losses in the process. Two infantry divisions are in Rangoon, waiting for the transports, which will arrive tomorrow: they'll be sent in India, where they'll attack Celyon and keep the ART in Bombay safe from counterattacks from the city.

I am also in the process of resizing billions of airgroups in Onshu. Many FPs are just waiting to reach a decent level of training and, then, they'll be moved in the DEI, where Dutch subs are being horribly lethal.

Rufe R&D factories are almost repaired and various other airframes are doing fairly well too.

Industrial expansion is going on quite smoothly, even though Java is still a battlefield. Sadly, Miri is going to take ages to be fully repaired, but any other location is doing very well. Supplies and fuel stocks in DEI and India are wonderful. Infrastructures are getting readied at a very decent pace; there are few bases which are still giving me some headaches, but it's fine, considering we're in mid-February 1942 only.

Situation in the magic trio Hokkaido/Sakhalin/Kurili is horrible and I will need to ship there many ENG so that I can start the works. I wait for the winter to end and then I focus my efforts in bringing various Kurilis and Sakhalin to an acceptable level of forts/AF/port.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 116
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/11/2021 11:44:12 AM   
ny59giants

Madras was an important base to capture as significant reinforcements appear there throughout the game. Now, there will be a 30 day delay and they will come in at Karachi or Aden.
Bombay does start with a full division, but it needs time and supplies to fill out. Its morale and experience are significantly below combat effectiveness. I would do a quick recon for a couple of days to see if he made the mistake of starting xAK to xAP conversions there.
Luzon plans?? Just get a beach head here and wait until most of your expansions are done before coming back to capture it?

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 117
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/11/2021 2:49:24 PM   
ITAKLinus

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Madras was an important base to capture as significant reinforcements appear there throughout the game. Now, there will be a 30 day delay and they will come in at Karachi or Aden.
Bombay does start with a full division, but it needs time and supplies to fill out. Its morale and experience are significantly below combat effectiveness. I would do a quick recon for a couple of days to see if he made the mistake of starting xAK to xAP conversions there.
Luzon plans?? Just get a beach head here and wait until most of your expansions are done before coming back to capture it?

After you mentioned the conversion in an earlier post, I started heavy recon on Bombay but there is nothing. He has brought every single ship away ages ago.

Madras has been a nice success, even though the industry has been completely wiped out in the process. As far as I remember, he gets the units in Aden, but maybe I recall wrong.

Luzon: no invasion so far. I don't find difficult to land after the amph bonus has expired and I don't want to invest resources in holding a bridgehad for months.
I will instead land in some of the nearby islands and develop the AF in order to bomb the troops in the Clark-Bataan-Manila redoubt; some surplus 1Es will do the trick. I think I will conquer Davao the next turn, so I am already in the process of taking the always problematic Mindanao.

In line of principle I could even be able to conquer the whole Luzon in April or even March, but I do not see the need. In DEI area I have between 4 and 5 divisions, which will be free in a while (after Darwin and Soerbaja fall). Potentially, they can land in Luzon and finish the suffering of the allied armies there, but I am still somewhat against the idea. Everything depends on the course of the Indian campaign: in a month or so, I will be able to check what's the entity of US reinforcements brought in the theater and I'll shape my plans accordingly.
Also, I have the mad idea of landing few divisions in Townsville and cut the defenders of Cairns, just to create problems to Thomas' defensive posture in Australia (and SoPac as a whole).

So... Luzon is on hold for the time being. Mindanao is being taken. Darwin and Soerabaja battles will free up the troops required for further operations, which can be one among: reinforcing India; Luzon; Townsville raid.

Francesco

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 118
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/11/2021 4:48:27 PM   
ITAKLinus

12-12 FEBRUARY 1942
TURN 68-69

I) DEI THEATER

I conquer Koepang and destroy a dozen a/c on the ground. The 21 allied LCUs escaped from Singapore are finally killed.

Various units approaching Soerabaja for the final assault. I also bomb the city with CLs in order to destroy/damage a/c on the ground.

KB sinks an AMC at Babar.

Nothing new. CAP absent on Cairns.

III) CHINA THEATER

The army which has conquered Sian is now marching NORTH and will launch an assault tomorrow. The army veteran of Nanyang is instead attacking the former defenders of the city: odds are highly unfavourable but they inflict massive casualties on the Chinese, so I won't stop them.

IV) INDIA THEATER

The troops escaping from the Indo-Burmese border are being attacked continuously and they lose large amounts of equipments. Some of them are surrendering, other ones will do soon.

Bangalore is taken but the industry completely destroyed .

Various other bases are taken around.

V) OTHER

With the conquest of Magwe, I have completed the strategic needs regarding Burma. Still, I will take it all soon.

Davao is taken.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now a question. It's been ages since the last time I have set it up and I don't remember. How does the enginge R&D work? Should I expand factories to size 30 or whatever size does the trick?
Completely forgot.

Francesco

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 119
RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) - 3/11/2021 6:19:42 PM   
ny59giants

Industry totally destroyed in India - I had that happen to me when I played Japan and was capturing bases without any defenders. MichaelM did not get that issue fixed in the last few patches. Work around was the Allies were required (House Rule) to leave one small LCU in each base that had multiple industries there. Just a small battalion was enough for this not to happen.

(in reply to ITAKLinus)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: WITP: Logistician's Edition - Linus (J) vs Xenxen (A) Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI