Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 small problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> 2 small problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 small problems - 2/24/2021 5:11:38 AM   
Dazo

Seems you can't operate italian air units outside of Italy (hotseat main 1914 campaign).

The text for command and control research says HQs gain 1 command rating per level but looks like it's only 0,5 per level.

Anybody else can confirm ?

< Message edited by Dazo -- 2/24/2021 5:12:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: 2 small problems - 2/24/2021 7:10:29 AM   
mdsmall

Somewhere in the Manual or the Strategy Guide there is a brief mention that there are restrictions on the ability of Italian air units on moving beyond Italy. The same applies to Ottoman air units - they can't move outside of the Ottoman Empire. So, this particular restriction is balanced between the two sides.

< Message edited by mdsmall -- 2/25/2021 3:32:38 AM >

(in reply to Dazo)
Post #: 2
RE: 2 small problems - 2/24/2021 8:25:38 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Can confirm the Ottoman and Italian aircraft. I guess that includes airships too because I couldn't land one on Crete after I snuck an Ottoman marine to that island and took it.

Haven't looked at the editor about C & C because I never noticed anything odd....but then that's something that could slip by unless focused upon.

I'll check this out too when I get to my computer. That means 2 chits if this is the case...a hefty investment when there are so many investments to consider :)

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 3
RE: 2 small problems - 2/24/2021 9:52:44 AM   
Dazo

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdsmall

Somewhere in the Manual or the Strategy Guide there is a brief mention that there are restrictions on the ability of Italian air units on moving beyond Italy. The same applies to Ottoman air units - they can't move outside of the Ottoman Empire. So, particular restriction is balanced between the two sides.

Thanks mdsmall, I missed that in the manual when "flying over" the air units part :p .

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

Can confirm the Ottoman and Italian aircraft. I guess that includes airships too because I couldn't land one on Crete after I snuck an Ottoman marine to that island and took it.

Haven't looked at the editor about C & C because I never noticed anything odd....but then that's something that could slip by unless focused upon.
Couldn't even operate on conquered tiles ? That's a bit weird but oh well... Thanks for the input OCW :) .

I'll check this out too when I get to my computer. That means 2 chits if this is the case...a hefty investment when there are so many investments to consider :)

Yep and then a bit more interesting for countries starting at level 1 in C&C.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 4
RE: 2 small problems - 2/24/2021 11:04:48 AM   
shri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dazo

Seems you can't operate italian air units outside of Italy (hotseat main 1914 campaign).

The text for command and control research says HQs gain 1 command rating per level but looks like it's only 0,5 per level.

The Italy and Ottoman thingy is true. It has happened to me.

The command thingy i am not sure, i once spent on it as Russia and eventually HQs improved but how much?? If it's 200 MPP for a lousy point, better to avoid it and upgrade existing HQs of low level.

(in reply to Dazo)
Post #: 5
RE: 2 small problems - 2/24/2021 12:09:38 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

I've checked my side (the 1914 Call to Arms campaign) and the command ratings for all Majors are set to rise by 1 per level.

Which country and which campaign are you playing where a HQ is showing a command rating that is incorrect?

This is interesting because in the Editor the increments can only be set as whole numbers, so I don't know how a half would appear.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Dazo)
Post #: 6
RE: 2 small problems - 2/24/2021 8:05:29 PM   
Bavre

quote:

In my game I always get 1/level. Top German HQs get to lvl 10 eventually. Not sure how this could differ, maybe country specific?

(in reply to Dazo)
Post #: 7
RE: 2 small problems - 2/25/2021 7:28:28 AM   
Dazo

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

quote:

I've checked my side (the 1914 Call to Arms campaign) and the command ratings for all Majors are set to rise by 1 per level.

Which country and which campaign are you playing where a HQ is showing a command rating that is incorrect?

This is interesting because in the Editor the increments can only be set as whole numbers, so I don't know how a half would appear.

Sorry Bill and everyone, didn't explain well at all.
What I noticed was for minors but if C&C only works for Majors, problem solved .

Thanks for the answers Shri & Bavre ! Bavre: was indeed country specific (minors) in a way haha.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> 2 small problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI