Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> War Room >> RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 - 7/28/2021 9:32:13 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Good luck boys! btw..mdsmall did a Russia First strategy..worked well. Not quite the Montenegro Gambit...but real strong against Russia. The Montenegro Gambit could still be an issue, but Bavre was right about this with the earlier version of SC-WW1:

Luxemburg+Montenegro surrender buff timed with pincer movement cutting Russian Poland off plus losing her deployments and no way to defend or counter it by any Entente forces was the eXploity thing we needed to expose. It was during the course of the epic thread started by Chernobyl that we all came to realize the full extend of the problem...hence the numerous test done by many of us private or public on the forum.

Bill and Hubert corrected a lot of the Russian deficiencies because of the Montenegro Gambit Tests.

Here's a link to my playlist of the match between me and mdsmall with his Balkan Variations Mod, which help to address some of the short comingings the Entente have regarding Greece for example...brought to full light by all the Montenegro Gambit Tests, Chernobyl's forum thread, and other 'Serbia early take down' threads.

Here's the link as mdsmall uses a Russia First strategy and a slow but sure Serbia take down effort:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsv6IgUEHAv-jmKa-o0Nj7pmvHT32A8VI

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 7/28/2021 9:36:22 PM >

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 91
RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 - 7/31/2021 3:35:22 PM   
Bavre

Ok, test concluded and as far as I am concerned the earlier problems are definitely solved by the patch. The overall strategy is still viable and strong, but not nearly the effortless autowin it used to be. Btw, it was really fun to play that thing as Entente for a change.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 92
RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 - 7/31/2021 10:35:59 PM   
AshFall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bavre

Ok, test concluded and as far as I am concerned the earlier problems are definitely solved by the patch. The overall strategy is still viable and strong, but not nearly the effortless autowin it used to be. Btw, it was really fun to play that thing as Entente for a change.

Haha, I bet! :D

I need to practice it a bit more and then I want a rematch, see if I can change your mind about it! :D

(in reply to Bavre)
Post #: 93
RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 - 8/5/2021 3:45:05 PM   
AshFall

I just want nudge you two again. I think it would be of awesome teaching value to many new and intermediate players to see two veterans going at it in a detailed AAR where you both describe your thoughts and tactics, long term planning and so on.

Plzplz pretty plz? :D

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bavre

quote:

ORIGINAL: AshFall
I second this, I would love to see a proper AAR from both perspectives with the both of you. Laughed out loud at several of the exhanges! :D

You might be interested in OldCrows match vs mdsmall then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckaEw01_Gko
It's a modded game and mdsmall didn't go crazy vs Serbia in the opening, but overall his strategy vs Russia here is pretty similar to mine. (mdsmall was also one of the vict.. err I mean willing test subjects of the early M-gambit)
A new match between OldCrow and me will have to wait a bit however. He's in too many games with his new channel already, but we are in contact for a possible future match.

(in reply to Bavre)
Post #: 94
RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 - 1/24/2022 1:04:34 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Can't believe its been almost a year since we did these two tests. Bill and Hubert heard us and gathered up all the suggestions to make some great changes to this wonderful game! Cheers.

(in reply to AshFall)
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> War Room >> RE: The Montenegro Gambit Test 2 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI