Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The perfect retirement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: The perfect retirement Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The perfect retirement - 3/20/2021 6:31:41 AM   
Orm

The perfect retirement, on the other hand, is another story. Think I would like to hire a building firm to build a house for me. An unrestricted view out of the computer den. And a balcony for relaxing, and reading, on calm days. Perhaps in Scotland where it is close to both the sea, and the mountains. I would like northwestern France but the language would be an issue. And close enough to a village so that one could go there to eat, and shop, without the need to take the car. It doesn't have to be a mansion, but large enough to have a gaming room, and a small library.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 31
RE: The perfect retirement - 3/22/2021 9:12:34 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

My ideal minimum is having enough money to go on without having to worry about money. Enough to buy myself the necessities of life, and a new book once in a while. And a new game when the old ones bore me.

Sounds same as my wants, not asking for much just to not have to worry so much.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 32
RE: The perfect retirement - 3/22/2021 12:26:11 PM   
Rising-Sun

Well for me i got lucky, got my SSI like eleven years ago and i was like 42 i think and now 53 atm. I have some mental issues, thyroid problems and hearing impaired (almost completely deaf) and have no knowledge of sign language. There not very many into sign, so i pass that parts from learning it. I did get into sign when i was very young, but limited. I think my biggest issues is depression and dementia, so i need to take it easy and stay away from negative type of people, otherwise could hurt them as well myself. Wasnt easy.

I guess i got my retirement around 42+ havent been working for the communities since. Sadly just too many bullies and negative people out there. And the only thing i can find peace is this pc, doing something creative or learning new things. Play some games, meh i know killing time, etc. But aint much else i can do. For my conditions, i have limited stamina of doing things and i like going outside ride a mountain bike, but this thyroid really causes wreak to my system. Believe i am taken around 125mcg of Levothyroxine every morning. Also been told missing some of those doses can be life threaten, boy i sure hope we dont runs out of those pills. The odd parts, sometimes it work and sometimes it doesnt. But if you get tested for this and the doc told you that you inactive or overactive thyroid problems, can take months or even years to get use to that drugs. I had a hard six years dealing with this on and off, wasnt easy at all, barely be myself or concentrate.

< Message edited by Rising-Sun -- 3/22/2021 12:29:44 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 33
RE: The perfect retirement - 3/22/2021 2:21:55 PM   
Lobster

Least perfect is enough money to get by, internet access and a roof over my head. I have more than that so that's accomplished. Perfect would be a small place in the Pine Ridge in NW Nebraska. Beautiful, easier to get around than mountains and lots of hiking and biking trails. I used to go there on summer vacations. Forest fires burned some of it awhile back but most of it got left alone. No biking these days but would hike. Not as many lions as the Rockies. Lots of wildlife. Just have to watch out for aggressive turkeys. But then that's true of the internet to so...

Attachment (1)

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 34
RE: The perfect retirement - 3/22/2021 3:51:56 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Least perfect is enough money to get by, internet access and a roof over my head. I have more than that so that's accomplished. Perfect would be a small place in the Pine Ridge in NW Nebraska. Beautiful, easier to get around than mountains and lots of hiking and biking trails. I used to go there on summer vacations. Forest fires burned some of it awhile back but most of it got left alone. No biking these days but would hike. Not as many lions as the Rockies. Lots of wildlife. Just have to watch out for aggressive turkeys. But then that's true of the internet to so...

Honest Mr Game Warden sir! The turkey was attacking me so I had to defend myself. So why waste the meat?

Forest fires may actually be good for the forest.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 35
RE: The perfect retirement - 3/23/2021 11:21:05 AM   
Gilmer

I always kind of wanted to get an older boat, similar to the one in the book Without Remorse (A Pacemaker Coho or something similar) and living in the Chesapeake Bay area.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: The perfect retirement Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI