Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/22/2003 4:58:41 PM   
Massattack

I received my copy from Duchet's the day before yesterday. Gamespot says it all!!

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 1
- 8/22/2003 9:17:56 PM   
Jeff Lackey

[QUOTE=Belisarius]I was waiting for the Gamespot review, as those guys can be utterly brutal to a game that doesn't play well. Seems the reviewer liked it, he even maxed out the tilt. :) His closing sentence; "And if you are a wargamer, Korsun is an absolute must-buy." says it all I guess.

Check out the the 'hottest' RTS these days, Command & Conquer: Generals, who got 8.9 mostly due to better sound and graphics. Very comforting to see that KP stands up to the competition even in the eyes of others. WELL DONE SSG and Matrix! :D

Me? Got it yesterday and I'm shocked and awed... :p[/QUOTE]

Finally got logged in - the forum wouldn't accept my password this morning and I thought perhaps it was because I said something bad in the review. ;)

To give Gamespot credit - they went out of their way to make sure that a wargamer got the review, unlike some places that may give it to anyone. I've been an old wargamer for a long time, and have been reviewing wargames in the mags and sites for many years. Also, even though the editors at Gamespot aren't grognards, when they asked me if the game really deserved that high a score (which is pretty high for Gamespot) and I said yes, and here's why, they accepted it. It's actually a little lower than I would have liked, but the system they have has a weighting system for the individual scores (it's not just an average) and although sound isn't a big factor, it is a factor in the overall score. And you can't really give KP higher than a 5 in that area, with the minimal sound and the music bug. Although I did say in the review that sound is pretty unimportant in a hex based wargame (and I never play with the music on in this type of game anyway - I only noticed the music bug after playing through all of the scenarios a couple of times. ;) )

By the way, I noticed this morning the reader reviews score is pretty low - must be some of the C&C:Conquer kids entering scores.

(in reply to Belisarius)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI