Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis diplomacy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Axis diplomacy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis diplomacy - 3/27/2021 1:12:48 PM   
schnetzler

Score: 0
There is a bug in the axis diplomacy: since the first turn of the game, the axis obtains major gains almost every turn. He won Spain then Sweden in a few months. Finally, it continues to have a gain in Turkey while the allied investment is at the maximum: 150 for the United Kingdom + 150 for the USSR !
Post #: 1
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/27/2021 3:56:56 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Schnetzler,

Is this a game against the AI or a PBEM game?

If it is against a PBEM opponent, could you send me the challenge ID?

Hubert

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/27/2021 3:57:27 PM >

(in reply to schnetzler)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/28/2021 2:18:15 PM   
PvtBenjamin

In one of my current PBEM games my opponent has invested 1 chit on Turkey diplo, I have none. Turkey jumped to 37% Axis on one turn - 17% for diplo & some other unknown reason. No other contributing factors like London, Syria etc.

thinks there is a bug.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/28/2021 7:47:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi PvtBenjamin,

Is the PBEM game near the point of when this happened? If so, can you send me the Challenge ID so I could take a closer look?

Hubert

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 4
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/28/2021 8:20:40 PM   
PvtBenjamin

ID - 305861

I'd say it happened in the last 4-5 turns. I sent a message to my opponent on the following turn about the issue.

We're now playing no diplomacy & SU Inf only lv 2 :)

Post #: 5
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/29/2021 3:42:08 AM   
Hubert Cater

Hi PvtBenjamin,

I took a look and none of the events that would have added any extra % mobilization jump for Turkey have fired so I don't think any of these are in play, e.g. something inadvertently fired for no reason etc.

However what I do see is a difference between what has been spent diplomatically by the Axis, and the number of active chits remaining. For example, there has been a total of X MPP spent by the Axis on diplomacy, yet there is less than that active remaining, and if there was 1 hit on Turkey that you've noticed, there has either been more hits, maybe against Turkey, maybe somewhere else, or some chits have been possibly reclaimed.

If your opponent would like to contact me directly I can maybe sort it out with him without giving away more info than I already have, on what he might have been doing exactly, and to hopefully ensure things are indeed working as intended at the same time.

Hubert

P.S. If on the other hand it is easier and you guys just want me to give my full analysis with what I'm seeing and are not worried about me giving anything away, I can do that as well here. Just let me know.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/29/2021 3:43:42 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/29/2021 10:35:18 AM   
PvtBenjamin

My opponent has invested 400 in diplomacy, he told me he thinks he only put one chit on Turkey. I only saw one Turkey hit for 17%. Now 37%. It was early in the game right after France fell.

We stopped diplomacy so he may have reclaimed all his chits.

I'll ask if he will contact you.

thanks

Post #: 7
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/29/2021 1:26:42 PM   
Hubert Cater

The issue I see then (from the turn I'm looking at where Turkey is at 37% and 400 MPPs have been spent on diplomacy) is that he only has 250 MPP worth left in diplomacy at the moment, e.g. 150 MPP has been used up. If he has had 1 hit on Turkey, which cost 50 MPP, then the other 100 MPP also has to have been spent on a minor, and perhaps on Turkey as well. I only say that as it would cost 150 MPP to influence a major etc.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/29/2021 1:28:18 PM >

Post #: 8
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/29/2021 3:27:32 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Thanks Hubert.

I'm not sure of the current range on diplo hits but isn't 37% for 3 hits quite high?

Never happens for me.

I'll ask my opponent to contact you.

Post #: 9
RE: Axis diplomacy - 3/29/2021 3:56:36 PM   
Hubert Cater

There is a default range of 4-8% per hit, but then there is a 33% chance, per hit, that you might get a bonus additional 8-16%. Reaching 37% with 3 hits is then possible depending on the hit breakdown.

Note, that 33% chance of an additional 8-16% is the same for all minors when receiving a diplomatic hit against one of them.

Post #: 10
RE: Axis diplomacy - 4/7/2021 12:36:11 AM   
KorporalKeith

quote:

ORIGINAL: schnetzler

There is a bug in the axis diplomacy: since the first turn of the game, the axis obtains major gains almost every turn. He won Spain then Sweden in a few months. Finally, it continues to have a gain in Turkey while the allied investment is at the maximum: 150 for the United Kingdom + 150 for the USSR !

I've also experienced the AXIS gaining Spain at an exceptionally fast rate. As the UK I invested 3 x 50 mpp to counter the AXIS investment. At worst the AXIS has a 15% chance of some favourable change. 15% roughly equates to SOME change every 6 - 7 turns; the value of the change could be slight (with a chance of a large change). The AXIS gained a change to Spain every 3 turns and the value of the change was never small (eg 15 - 20% swings were common).

The game is against Markiss.

Spain moving to the AXIS significantly changes the balance of the game.

(in reply to schnetzler)
Post #: 11
RE: Axis diplomacy - 4/7/2021 1:14:37 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks and we'll have more detailed info on this kind of movement that will be logged in game, for the next update, to see if anything is amiss or just indeed some good luck for one and bad luck for the another.

(in reply to KorporalKeith)
Post #: 12
RE: Axis diplomacy - 4/9/2021 1:39:47 PM   
schnetzler

One more again. My opponent spent 150 MP on Spain during the first turn and immediatly got +18%

Post #: 13
RE: Axis diplomacy - 4/9/2021 2:29:35 PM   
Hubert Cater

This is possible with the randomness function as the chance per turn begins right away as soon as you invest in diplomacy.

(in reply to schnetzler)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Axis diplomacy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI