Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand: Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 5:52:44 PM   
squatter

Ok, so in my air phase I transfer an AOG.

I can select 'planned transfer' or 'immediate transfer'. In both cases I am prompted to 'execute transfer' which happens immediately. So what's the difference between planned and immediate?

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 301
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 6:14:12 PM   
TheFerret

Planned transfers the air groups when their destination airfields have sufficient support (and ammo and fuel I think?). That may be immediately, or it may be after one or more logistics phases pass for the airfield to gain support.

Immediate transfers the air groups immediately. They may be severely restricted in how much they can fly this turn, or may not be able to fly at all for lack of support.

If the air group does transfer, it doesn't matter if it was planned or immediate, the result is the same either way - planned will just prevent "bad" transfers from happening, while immediate transfers even if it is a "bad" transfer.

You probably want a planned transfer in most cases.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 302
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 6:45:17 PM   
squatter

Just double checking: when is the weather break each turn? Is the weather set at the beginning of Axis or Sov turn?

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 303
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 6:47:04 PM   
squatter

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheFerret

Planned transfers the air groups when their destination airfields have sufficient support (and ammo and fuel I think?). That may be immediately, or it may be after one or more logistics phases pass for the airfield to gain support.

Immediate transfers the air groups immediately. They may be severely restricted in how much they can fly this turn, or may not be able to fly at all for lack of support.

If the air group does transfer, it doesn't matter if it was planned or immediate, the result is the same either way - planned will just prevent "bad" transfers from happening, while immediate transfers even if it is a "bad" transfer.

You probably want a planned transfer in most cases.

Thank you. Someone else explained this to me previously but it didn't quite sink in (my fault not theirs).

Does the game inform you whether your planned transfer is going to actually be immediate or whether you are going to have to wait due to suuplies?

(in reply to TheFerret)
Post #: 304
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 8:27:52 PM   
juv95hrn

Can units retreat over seas, (ie. during combat from a port city) after combat, or not?

Feel free to remove this question, if asked before here.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 305
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 8:55:46 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, if the unit is not isolated (way out of port is not interdicted), it can effectively be rout moved out through the port.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 306
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/16/2021 8:58:22 PM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

Just double checking: when is the weather break each turn? Is the weather set at the beginning of Axis or Sov turn?

Beginning of Soviet turn. Soviet side has the weather advantage.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 307
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/17/2021 2:22:00 AM   
neuromancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Not that I know of. Best is to load a prior save and go to the reinforcement/withdrawal screen. Or load the scenario in the editor and look at the screen there to see what's coming and going. In the editor you can press the w key to switch sides.

Okay, fair enough.

May I request that be added in a future enhancement though, maybe a button on the withdrawal/ reinforcement screen that lists the past comings and goings?

Thanks.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 308
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/17/2021 11:27:04 AM   
squatter

When placing a TB entry hex, the hex must be 10 hexes from enemy supplied hex.

If the distance between the TB entry hex is reduced to less than 10 during the enemy's phase, will units designated to arrive in the TB entry hex still arrive?

(in reply to neuromancer)
Post #: 309
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/17/2021 2:42:01 PM   
carlkay58

squatter - yes. I am not sure what would happen if the Axis takes the hex during their turn. I never did see that get tested.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 310
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/17/2021 2:47:18 PM   
loki100

my best guess is it stands, the rule is applied when the location is set, not when it happens? Since you can't cancel and in-process transfer this seems logical.

Not sure about the more extreme case of if you actually lose the hex, or it becomes cut off

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 311
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/17/2021 11:25:05 PM   
Hardradi

When I load a save game I see the wording "Contains modified unofficial data". I can also see this in a H2H game on the Matrix Server.

I have added two map mods to my game, is this what it is referring to?

< Message edited by Hardradi -- 4/17/2021 11:26:00 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 312
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 12:57:48 AM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

When I load a save game I see the wording "Contains modified unofficial data". I can also see this in a H2H game on the Matrix Server.

Yes. If any generic data files or the scenario file is changed, it will be listed as unofficial.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 4/18/2021 12:58:12 AM >

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 313
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 12:58:57 AM   
Joel Billings

There's a rule for when reinforcement entry hexes are enemy controlled. Can't remember exactly, but they get displaced back into friendly territory.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 314
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 7:57:09 AM   
Milman

is there any point in building depo in a city which is for example 10 hexes of closest repaired rail ?

Post #: 315
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 8:03:50 AM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Milman

is there any point in building depo in a city which is for example 10 hexes of closest repaired rail ?

The railyard repair gets bumped up in priority, and you'll eventually have the depot ready when the railhead arrives. There's no downside to it really if you can spare the APs.

(in reply to Milman)
Post #: 316
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 12:10:06 PM   
carlkay58

If the city does not currently have a railyard then the depot will create a level 1 railyard and you have a good chance for it to repair fully before the rail gets there and then the depot is up and ready to go.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 317
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 4:56:20 PM   
briklebritt

Is it possible to influence the automatic rail repair units detachments somehow, at least to a small extent? They always repair the rails where I do not need the rapairs and other urgent hexes are not repairing

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 318
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 4:57:48 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: briklebritt

Is it possible to influence the automatic rail repair units detachments somehow, at least to a small extent? They always repair the rails where I do not need the rapairs and other urgent hexes are not repairing

Submit them to the hull headquarters and block the hull! Then they will carry out repairs within a 5 hex radius of their headquarters! I usually have 2 or 3 of these headquarters!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to briklebritt)
Post #: 319
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 5:24:13 PM   
briklebritt

quote:

ORIGINAL: malyhin1517

quote:

Submit them to the hull headquarters and block the hull! Then they will carry out repairs within a 5 hex radius of their headquarters! I usually have 2 or 3 of these headquarters!

Sounds like a good plan, I will do so. As I understand, I will assign the rail repair SUs to a HQ (level of HQ doesn´t matter) which is placed within 5 hexes of the damaged rail hexes and lock the "Lock HQ Support" btw HQ should be "Lck".

But better to assign them at Corps HQ cause here the only detach max. 5 hex and at a higher HQ level they wil spread out more than 5 hexes, right?

In Leningrad scenario, there are only 2 rail repair SUs battalions and one standalone FBD with 3 rail repair battalions. Can you tell me how many of these battalions are necessary within FBD unit? Maybe I can reassign 1 or 2 of these battalions to HQs cause I am lacking of rail repair battalions in the Leningrad scenario. Or better not to reassign it from FBD unit?

Thanks!

< Message edited by briklebritt -- 4/18/2021 5:30:31 PM >

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 320
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 6:08:40 PM   
carlkay58

The level of the HQ DOES matter. Corps HQs will only assign a unit out to 5 hexes. Army HQs will assign out to 15 hexes. Army Group/Front HQs will assign out to 90 hexes. So you want to assign them to an empty Corps HQ or a full Corps HQ with range back to the necessary rail hex.

Post #: 321
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/18/2021 6:08:57 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: malyhin1517

quote:

Sounds like a good plan, I will do so. As I understand, I will assign the rail repair SUs to a HQ (level of HQ doesn´t matter) which is placed within 5 hexes of the damaged rail hexes and lock the "Lock HQ Support" btw HQ should be "Lck".

But better to assign them at Corps HQ cause here the only detach max. 5 hex and at a higher HQ level they wil spread out more than 5 hexes, right?

In Leningrad scenario, there are only 2 rail repair SUs battalions and one standalone FBD with 3 rail repair battalions. Can you tell me how many of these battalions are necessary within FBD unit? Maybe I can reassign 1 or 2 of these battalions to HQs cause I am lacking of rail repair battalions in the Leningrad scenario. Or better not to reassign it from FBD unit?

Thanks!

Better not to take units from the FBD! They can't be put back later! The units that are in the OKH will be enough for you! That is 2-3 units per corps headquarters! For this I use separate headquarters without combat units!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

Post #: 322
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/19/2021 3:25:32 AM   
neuromancer

Another small question.

Is there somewhere that lists captured equipment in the pool? I thought I saw it once, but couldn't find it again.

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 323
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/19/2021 5:05:53 AM   
briklebritt

quote:

ORIGINAL: neuromancer

Another small question.

Is there somewhere that lists captured equipment in the pool? I thought I saw it once, but couldn't find it again.

You can see it in production screen when you scroll down after filtering your nation

(in reply to neuromancer)
Post #: 324
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/19/2021 9:14:31 AM   
dudefan

What is the difference between ground attack (on port and railyard) vs strategic bombing? With ground attack I can even add tactical bombers...

And what is the difference between strategic recon and combat recon if I want to see the damage done and help guiding the bombs of my ground attack/strategic bombing of the porrt/railyard?

< Message edited by dudefan -- 4/19/2021 9:15:39 AM >

Post #: 325
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/19/2021 9:18:55 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudefan

What is the difference between ground attack (on port and railyard) vs strategic bombing? With ground attack I can even add tactical bombers...

And what is the difference between strategic recon and combat recon if I want to see the damage done and help guiding the bombs of my ground attack/strategic bombing of the porrt/railyard?

none, in practice. Its the same mission and target - as you say done as GA you can use FB and tac bombers.

Now whether that is a good idea is dubious - this tends to be a mission for heavier bombs, and you don't have the 500lb bombs that the Western Allies often used with those planes. Also if it is a flak heavy target they can take heavy losses.

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 326
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/19/2021 10:10:03 AM   
dudefan

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: dudefan

none, in practice. Its the same mission and target - as you say done as GA you can use FB and tac bombers.

Now whether that is a good idea is dubious - this tends to be a mission for heavier bombs, and you don't have the 500lb bombs that the Western Allies often used with those planes. Also if it is a flak heavy target they can take heavy losses.

Thx.

Ju78br has 1000kg bombs (tactical bomber)...

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 327
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/19/2021 2:38:45 PM   
SwedenJens

post in wrong thread sorry.

< Message edited by SwedenJens -- 4/19/2021 2:39:52 PM >

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 328
RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to ... - 4/20/2021 2:09:19 AM   
neuromancer

quote:

You can see it in production screen when you scroll down after filtering your nation

Thanks!

Post #: 329
Amphibious stuff in RtL - 4/20/2021 8:15:30 AM   
Hardradi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

Yes. If any generic data files or the scenario file is changed, it will be listed as unofficial.

Thanks Joel. Is this anything to worry about playing H2H, I presume you cant play two different versions of the scenario file?

More questions:

a) In the Road to Leningrad Scenario there is a Baltic Sea KM Amphi unit stationed at Koeningsberg. This unit is not in the 1941 Campaign. Is there a reason?

b) In the Road to Leningrad scenario the ports of Danzig and Koeningsberg cannot be shifted to import, the button automatically defaults to the airbase base when you mouse over. Is this WAD?

c) I tried to do an amphibious invasion using the above-mentioned unit in the Road to Leningrad scenario but could not get it to function. It said there was “not enough available shipping”. Based on the manual I appear to have enough transports when trying to ship a Security Regiment (or waiting a few turns to get 2 transports and shipping an infantry regiment). This is evident by being able to transport these units normally (non-invasion style). You need one cargo ship per transport. There are cargo ships being used for freight but I think they should automatically be allocated to the invasion fleet once you launch the Invasion. In the manual there is mention of using the unit to assist with ferry crossings. Does the KM Amphi unit unit serve any function in the Road to Leningrad Scenario?

Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Truck Summary in logistics Phase Report is hard to understand: Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI