Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Quick Questions Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Quick Questions Thread Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 9:51:16 AM   
geforth

hello :-)
I have a little question: Where can I see in game, how many movement points are required to pass a specific hex?

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 421
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 10:17:10 AM   
loki100

you can't directly but you can see how many MP a unit will have left after each hex in its movement chain - so you can work out the cost of a given hex that way.

if its a hex you can't enter for some reason then you need to use the movement tables in the manual.

The problem is the cost per hex isn't fixed, it depends on the links, enemy units, who controlled the hex at the start of the turn, just what you are moving as well as variables such as the weather

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 422
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 1:25:22 PM   
Qitbuqa

I am on my first turn playing Soviets in 41 GC v AI.

Commander's Report shows 15 recon battles. I checked all of them individually and I noticed rather high numbers of recon aircraft in them - the lowest I found was 51, the highest 264, but on average it is ~100 and in some cases >200.

Is it WAD that one 10 mile piece of land is scouted by 200 airframes? I wander how does that work for fatigue and op. losses? Any comment behind such rationale would be appreciated.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 423
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 2:14:28 PM   
loki100

the 'battle' location for recon ADs is set as a single spot (for each day), usually at the centre of the efforts, the effect is then spread from there across the entire AD box

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 424
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 3:00:10 PM   
geforth

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

you can't directly but you can see how many MP a unit will have left after each hex in its movement chain - so you can work out the cost of a given hex that way.

if its a hex you can't enter for some reason then you need to use the movement tables in the manual.

The problem is the cost per hex isn't fixed, it depends on the links, enemy units, who controlled the hex at the start of the turn, just what you are moving as well as variables such as the weather

thanks for your answer :-)
is it possible to add a tooltip, which shows us the needed movement points for the selected unit when we hover over a hex?

or an additional layer, that shows us all needed movement points for the unit on the map?

or better: an additional layer which shows us all current needed movement points without selecting a unit and when we select a unit, it calculates the movement points for the specific unit and shows us all?

hm, more layers could be really cool. like a simple terrain layer (white for plains, light green for light woods etc.). I should stop thinking :-D maybe that is more for the suggestions forum. :-)

< Message edited by geforth -- 4/28/2021 3:03:53 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 425
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 3:01:04 PM   
wpurdom

17.3.1 . . .
Select one (in this case the 206 ShaD) and the list of
suggested air groups will be shown as:
By default, this will attach itself to the nearest Air HQ
but that can be changed. You can tell it just to use Livny (as
shown) or click ‘Multiple air bases’ and any planes in excess
of air base capacity will be deployed nearby
Air groups will not deploy if the air base is full, if the
AOG is full or if the AOG is of a differently nationality.
Finally you can accept the suggested list, remove some
(if you do not want to fill up the AOG) or replace them with
other suitable air groups. Note that this type of Soviet AOG
can only contain ground attack formations.
Once you are content with your choices, click on
TRANSFER.

Trying to follow these instructions, not seeing any TRANSFER tp click on. (All aircraft had been sent to reserve for the winter as Soviets.) Wanted to bring back transport groups to Moscow. Program picked Kalinin as Air HQ.
After selecting groups can't seem to effectuate transfer. Stuck.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 426
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 3:04:14 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: geforth

quote:

thanks for your answer :-)
is it possible to add a tooltip, which shows us the needed moving points for the selected unit if we hover over a hex?

or an additional layer, that shows us all needed movement points for the unit on the map?

or better: an additional layer which shows us all current needed movement points without selecting a unit and when we select a unit, it calculates the movement points for the specific unit and shows us all?

hm, more layers could be really cool. like a simple terrain layer (white for plains, light green for light woods etc.). I should stop thinking :-D maybe that is more for the suggestions forum. :-)

best to put into the requests sub-forum and keep this for relatively quick answers - more chance that those who can actually make that sort of change will see it there

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 427
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 3:05:45 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: wpurdom

Trying to follow these instructions, not seeing any TRANSFER tp click on. (All aircraft had been sent to reserve for the winter as Soviets.) Wanted to bring back transport groups to Moscow. Program picked Kalinin as Air HQ.
After selecting groups can't seem to effectuate transfer. Stuck.

are you using a transport AOG?

I've just retested using the exact steps and it works fine for me

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 428
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 3:20:01 PM   
wpurdom

I tried it again, picked multiple bases, it automatically put overflow into N Moscow and I saw the transfer option.
It worked.
I don't know if I was just not looking in the right part of the window or what before, or there was some other problem on my previous move.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 429
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 3:52:29 PM   
loki100

good

if you are not aiming for a very particular airbase, I tend to bring via the AOG/Air command lable, that is pretty quick and will use any viable airbase in the area it is operating in. This can bring a new AOG onto the map as well as individual air groups

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 430
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 7:10:13 PM   
Qitbuqa

quote:

the 'battle' location for recon ADs is set as a single spot (for each day), usually at the centre of the efforts, the effect is then spread from there across the entire AD box

Aha, so that is for one day? In other words - if recon is set to 7 days per week, there would be 7 battles. Is that a correct understanding of what you are saying?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 431
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 7:35:18 PM   
enricoix

Sorry if that has been answered before but is there a plan to release the game at steam? well, if so, would it be within this year?

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 432
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/28/2021 7:35:52 PM   
loki100

yes, each mission picks a notional hex as its centre of gravity, what it tries to do is to even out the recon across the box over all its missions/days but it will take account of terrain (ie it knows it has a low chance of detecting something in a major city hex or heavy woods)

(in reply to Qitbuqa)
Post #: 433
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/29/2021 7:59:26 PM   
fwhite

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: fwhite

Can someone explain this to me. I don't understand the negative replacements in the unit supply details.

"Replacements: The net number of men received as replacements and the freight tonnage that was converted to replacements.
This number can be negative if more men are returned to the pool than are received in replacements."

So, why would men return to the pool even if the TOE of the given unit is not 100%?

at the end of a turn, a 'damaged' element is assessed, if it is manpower based then some are treated as kia, some so seriously wounded as needing to be sent out of the unit and some returned to the unit. The mid-group are -ve replacements in terms of that rule in that they leave the unit (& may or may not be balanced by those returning or being allocated as fresh replacements)

similar for a vehicle, its written off, sent to the pool to repair or treated as repaired

Okay thanks for the info.

Is there a report that shows the exact details of which elements are being returned to the divisions as well as which elements are being sent for repair?

I can see in the replacement section of the logistics phase report the amount of vehicles that have been repaired or written off. But I'm curious if there is a more detailed screen for the individual divisions as to what is leaving the divisions for repair/returning to the divisions as replacements.

Thank you!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 434
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/29/2021 8:30:51 PM   
loki100

not really, you can see what a formation is holding as damaged (the unit counter shows this) but that won't show you write offs etc.

Suspect it would be complex to provide given that there is a substantive problem in matching individuals with the actual game building block of the element.

(in reply to fwhite)
Post #: 435
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 1:45:02 AM   
Harain1

Was trying to find the date for the split of Army Group South into 2 Army Groups, but can't find it anywhere in the manual. Is it gone or am I blind?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 436
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 7:52:07 AM   
loki100

its handled as a fixed reinforcement not a rule based outcome. Check the axis reinforcement chart and you'll see it (& its subsequent transfers)

(in reply to Harain1)
Post #: 437
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 9:00:11 AM   
Harain1

quote:

its handled as a fixed reinforcement not a rule based outcome. Check the axis reinforcement chart and you'll see it (& its subsequent transfers)

got it, thx

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 438
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 11:20:21 AM   
Stephan61

Anyone encountered their AOG Units losing their colour background?
Mine have all turned to a white background between T14 and T15 in the 41 campaign.

Or does this mean something?

(in reply to Harain1)
Post #: 439
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 11:33:35 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stephan61

Mine have all turned to a white background between T14 and T15 in the 41 campaign.

have they changed their command allocation? If I recall some of the Soviet corps commands disband about then (in the strat air) and you can have them linked to other ground HQs than the overall strategic command. if the Corps disbands I think the AOGs then default to reporting to the air command

but that doesn't explain why they 'all' did that between turns (for either side)

(in reply to Stephan61)
Post #: 440
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 1:02:14 PM   
Stephan61

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stephan61

have they changed their command allocation? If I recall some of the Soviet corps commands disband about then (in the strat air) and you can have them linked to other ground HQs than the overall strategic command. if the Corps disbands I think the AOGs then default to reporting to the air command

but that doesn't explain why they 'all' did that between turns (for either side)

No, playing Axis and AI ran the Soviet phase fine then when it came to my Air Phase the Counters (Luffflotte's) had all turned to a white background. I have not manually set colour changes, although I had to now to continue the turn as I couldn't work out who was with each Luffflotte.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 441
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 6:07:51 PM   
squatter

Do air command leaders pass failed leadership checks on to their front leaders, or does the buck stop with the air command leader as far as air checks go? If checks are passed on to Front Hq then presumably air command proximity to the front HQs counts?

< Message edited by squatter -- 4/30/2021 6:09:05 PM >

(in reply to Stephan61)
Post #: 442
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 6:15:07 PM   
squatter

All fortified regions arrive on the map in refit mode. Is it best to just leave this on until they have filled out? Then is it best to change to ready once they are 100%TOE?

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 443
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 9:12:44 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

All fortified regions arrive on the map in refit mode. Is it best to just leave this on until they have filled out? Then is it best to change to ready once they are 100%TOE?

yes, their TOE has a real impact on how well they build, also think of adding construction units to them

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 444
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 4/30/2021 9:14:42 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

Do air command leaders pass failed leadership checks on to their front leaders, or does the buck stop with the air command leader as far as air checks go? If checks are passed on to Front Hq then presumably air command proximity to the front HQs counts?

in theory it gets passed but ... almost all non air command leaders have a 1 rating against that score. So the axis gains in that the OKL might pick up a few failed checks the Soviets are pretty much reliant on the values of their air leaders (as the next levels are front/Stavka)

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 445
Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 12:17:37 AM   
loudscott

Wondering about Locked HQ's and Construction Units. If the HQ's are locked do you have to micro the Const BNs? And if so, do you also have to micro them to make repairs to Ports, Railyards, etc. etc.?

(in reply to dudefan)
Post #: 446
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 12:54:17 AM   
carlkay58

loudscott - construction units are not affected by an HQ's locked status. So you do not have to micromanage them for any reason if you do not wish to.

(in reply to loudscott)
Post #: 447
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 1:16:13 AM   
loudscott

Sweet. Thanks!

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 448
RE: Locked HQ's and Construction BN - 5/1/2021 4:32:53 AM   
therealevan

I no longer want the same air directives I used in turn 1, is there an easy way to mass remove them in turn 2 so I don't have to go through and delete each air directive individually?

(in reply to loudscott)
Post #: 449
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 5/1/2021 5:27:11 AM   
king171717

quote:

ORIGINAL: geforth

hello :-)
I have a little question: Where can I see in game, how many movement points are required to pass a specific hex?

Use the manual, at the end of the book page 515

(in reply to geforth)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Quick Questions Thread Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI