Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Quick Questions Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Quick Questions Thread Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/24/2021 11:25:05 AM   
squatter

How does the Soviet player get Konev out of the North Caucuses MD in 1941 - he never seems available for transfer? Do you need to replace him at the NC MD first, and then he'll be in the leader pool?

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 781
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/24/2021 11:39:26 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: squatter

How does the Soviet player get Konev out of the North Caucuses MD in 1941 - he never seems available for transfer? Do you need to replace him at the NC MD first, and then he'll be in the leader pool?

he's expensive so either save the AP for a few turns or send him to an army command. You can only afford to move him MD-Front once you get the December AP boost.

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 782
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/24/2021 11:42:31 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hardradi

It seems like there is a difference between conquering a port versus conquering a land locked city. Eg, if you conquer Riga and Minsk on turn 1, with Riga you can allocate construction units and AA units on Turn 1 but with Minsk you cannot assign either on Turn 1. I think the option appears in Turn 2 for Minsk. The difference seems to apply for all coastal versus land locked cities.

If you build a depot in Minsk on Turn 1, there is still no option to assign const/AA units.

Is there a reason for this difference?

yes, you can't attach the turn a depot is built, which is what you do at Minsk. But in a port you get an auto depot so its treated as already there.

not sure why the distinction but it was the same in WiTW so I presume is a product of the wider logistics system

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 783
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/25/2021 12:27:56 AM   
Hardradi

thanks loki100

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 784
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/25/2021 4:19:55 PM   
James80

I have watched the latest streams of Dojo. He has merged units and the chat got crazy. I was curious if the chat was right that merged units are removed from the game. Is this right or do they count as "destroyed" and they can be rebuild as in 27.2.2 stated?

(in reply to Hardradi)
Post #: 785
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/25/2021 4:42:41 PM   
carlkay58

They are removed from the game. The Soviets have the ability to create a new unit of the same type but the Axis lose that unit for the rest of the game.

(in reply to James80)
Post #: 786
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/25/2021 7:49:09 PM   
smokindave34

When transferring units to the strategic reserve is there any freight cost associated with that? Will it limit how much supply can travel on the rail lines similar to if I transferred a unit by rail from one hex to another? Couldn't find this in the manual.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 787
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/25/2021 11:24:49 PM   
juv95hrn

quote:

ORIGINAL: 56ajax

quote:

ORIGINAL: juv95hrn

How does 124 vehicle factories in the factory navigation table (with no damage) translate to 61 active and available factories producing 610 vehicles in the logistic phase report? Some production coefficient for the year?

For the Soviets, from 1942 onwards there is a multiplier of 0.55. (germans 0.7)

Maths dont quite add up so I suspect each factory has the multiplier applied individually as opposed to the sum of the factories x the multiplier. (or there is hidden damage/delay)

124 x 0.55 = 68.2 is a bit from 61 x 10 = 610 total produced, but this seems a reasonable explanation.

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 788
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/25/2021 11:26:57 PM   
juv95hrn

Is there a way to speed up naval invasion preparation (port size helps?), or 5% per turn, or 20 weeks the normal preparation time?

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 789
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/26/2021 4:00:58 PM   
Shkwaug

Reviewing Results of Air Phase
Is there any way to see which air missions (which air group running each mission) resulted in the operational losses/flak losses/a2a losses? I can only seem to find the total on the losses screen.

Any rules of thumb for rotating understrength air units to reserve (e.g. Less that 50% ac in air group, less than 10%)?

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 790
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/26/2021 4:53:44 PM   
GloriousRuse

I believe invasion time is a function of port size (bigger is better) and invasion force size (smaller is better)

(in reply to Shkwaug)
Post #: 791
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/27/2021 5:11:15 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: smokindave34

When transferring units to the strategic reserve is there any freight cost associated with that? Will it limit how much supply can travel on the rail lines similar to if I transferred a unit by rail from one hex to another? Couldn't find this in the manual.

no there is no direct freight cost to the move map-reserve, just part of the abstraction around this concept

(in reply to smokindave34)
Post #: 792
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/28/2021 11:28:21 PM   
GoodbyeBluesky

So, it seems Axis Fuel production is falling off a step cliff sometime in early 1942. With oil production dropping at around 50k in that timeframe and consequently also fuel production as a result. Can someone explain what is happening there?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 793
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/29/2021 7:45:02 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: GoodbyeBluesky

So, it seems Axis Fuel production is falling off a step cliff sometime in early 1942. With oil production dropping at around 50k in that timeframe and consequently also fuel production as a result. Can someone explain what is happening there?

not sure, maybe best posted in the tech support sub-forum.

I'm seeing much the same in my current axis MP game with my fuel stores dropping by around 100k per week (seemingly regardless of what I actually do) and oil by 10k.

so its not your game, its a generic issue but I'm not sure it really matters. I opened an axis save for early 1944 (from my late beta Soviet AAR) and it looks like the drop stopped in mid-42 and they have plenty. Certainly looking at the fuel in air groups and Pzr formations that all seems fien.

So I suspect its a display issue, but don't claim to understand the production system (I just file it in the category 'things happen')

Roger

edit: Jukipo's AAR - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5016575&mpage=7&key=� has some production charts that mirror what I saw in my older AI game so it does seem to be pretty fixed regardless of player agency

< Message edited by loki100 -- 6/29/2021 7:48:24 AM >

(in reply to GoodbyeBluesky)
Post #: 794
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/29/2021 8:25:45 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shkwaug

Reviewing Results of Air Phase
Is there any way to see which air missions (which air group running each mission) resulted in the operational losses/flak losses/a2a losses? I can only seem to find the total on the losses screen.

Any rules of thumb for rotating understrength air units to reserve (e.g. Less that 50% ac in air group, less than 10%)?

you'll need to look at the individual battle screens, the final tab will show you action by air group (usually split down into a number of smaller collection of planes).

rotating really is art not science. I tend to rotate at 50% for the Soviets, not to protect the air group as such but that it will often fill up with low experience pilots, who then just die and need to be replaced. Putting it in the reserve, the new pilots will train up to the NM (+ any Gds bonus), so set up a sort of rotation system around that. I'd say from 1942-44 you should have about 40% of the VVS in the reserve at any one time - after that your losses start to drop (better planes, less LW) and they can safely fill out on map.

for the axis, often just putting a unit to rest is all you need to do, it'll draw down the missing pilots and be in decent shape.

(in reply to Shkwaug)
Post #: 795
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/29/2021 7:57:10 PM   
Beethoven1

Is it possible to repair re-located Soviet factories significantly faster by assigning any support/construction units to them (and/or priority repair)? I tried testing it and didn't notice any effect. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible and the repair proceeds at a fixed rate?

(in reply to squatter)
Post #: 796
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/29/2021 8:23:19 PM   
Arthurius

I can't bring Soviet Air Groups from Reserves because minimal morale is set from 59 to 81, but 128 of 132 my Air Groups have morale below 55. Can i change this to another values? For example from 45 to 65?

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 797
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/29/2021 8:29:07 PM   
Arthurius

OK, I got It. I can't bring Air Groups which are send to Reserves during previous turn and has red label.

(in reply to Arthurius)
Post #: 798
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/29/2021 8:40:25 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beethoven1

Is it possible to repair re-located Soviet factories significantly faster by assigning any support/construction units to them (and/or priority repair)? I tried testing it and didn't notice any effect. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible and the repair proceeds at a fixed rate?

I think the move damage can't be repaired more quickly, since the basic idea is to give the Soviets their historical (near enough) industrial production. If they got extra damage (bombing most likely) then yes you could speed up the recovery of that element

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 799
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 6/30/2021 4:21:14 PM   
gw15

Looking at the production screen it shows 1,292 in the 76.2mm M27 Inf gun pool. 477 units have it in their TOE. I click on the Ground Element Map and it shows only 548 in Pool with 90 in the (Trans). What is the difference between the 1,292 and 548? Are these guns somewhere else?
related question, looking at my reserve pool I have many artillery units that use that gun and they are on refit but they are not pulling these units out of the pool fast enough. Is there some limit on how many can be added to units each turn?

BTW, this game is so deep I lose track of time looking at the data and 4 hours later I need to eat. Great game.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 800
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 9:57:45 AM   
Kel

Grand campaign,Turn 3.

In front of the german-rumanian advance in the south, I m trying to evacuate Odessa factories via the factory navigation screen
I can evacuate a number of factories (eg "Kiev to Omsk in 0 turn"). I can select Odessa hex and line in the Hi factory list among other cities?. Bt I can't select Odessa when I click the line under the group of factories where Odessa is listed it only proposes to move the last of the list ("set to relocate Heavy Industry from Kolomna to Kirov Yes/No"). Same thing when I choose Armamaments (there it proposes only to evacuate "NMoscow armament factories to Saratov")

Did I miss something to select a specific city for factory evacuation, as stated in the manual section 28.7.1 ? Thank you

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 801
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 11:40:57 AM   
GoodbyeBluesky

Do Mountain Troops still get bonuses in Winter like they did in WITE1? If so how do these look like? They dont seem to suffer movement penalties or at least the italian Alpini seemed to not get them. Anything else?

(in reply to Kel)
Post #: 802
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 1:18:45 PM   
Ekaton

I want to create a scenario that pretty much avoids the 1944 test, I’d like for it to continue until the Fall of Berlin and see how long I can hold, even against hopeless odds. I took the no sudden death scenario and essentially gave the enemy a lot of bonus VP points and lowered my watermark so that it currently stands at 270 VPs at the beginning. This, I guess, should pretty much help me avoid the major victory in 1944, is that reasonable? Will changing that affect anything else, like initiative change?

< Message edited by Ekaton -- 7/1/2021 1:19:01 PM >

I need ten females for each male...

(in reply to GoodbyeBluesky)
Post #: 803
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 5:42:01 PM   
juv95hrn

What would be the supply and morale loss effect of setting garrisons in ports under "siege" to Static? I notice besieged units in ports suffer from lots of attrition and morale loss, even in fort +2 size and with plenty of supplies. Would setting them to static change this, for better or for worse?

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 804
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 5:47:33 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kel

Grand campaign,Turn 3.

In front of the german-rumanian advance in the south, I m trying to evacuate Odessa factories via the factory navigation screen
I can evacuate a number of factories (eg "Kiev to Omsk in 0 turn"). I can select Odessa hex and line in the Hi factory list among other cities?. Bt I can't select Odessa when I click the line under the group of factories where Odessa is listed it only proposes to move the last of the list ("set to relocate Heavy Industry from Kolomna to Kirov Yes/No"). Same thing when I choose Armamaments (there it proposes only to evacuate "NMoscow armament factories to Saratov")

Did I miss something to select a specific city for factory evacuation, as stated in the manual section 28.7.1 ? Thank you

if it wasn't historically evacuated you can't move it.

To be honest, just forget all about the focus in WiTE1 on Soviet factory moves, they happen at or before the historic date for those that moved historically

(in reply to Kel)
Post #: 805
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 5:51:18 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ekaton

I want to create a scenario that pretty much avoids the 1944 test, I’d like for it to continue until the Fall of Berlin and see how long I can hold, even against hopeless odds. I took the no sudden death scenario and essentially gave the enemy a lot of bonus VP points and lowered my watermark so that it currently stands at 270 VPs at the beginning. This, I guess, should pretty much help me avoid the major victory in 1944, is that reasonable? Will changing that affect anything else, like initiative change?

suggest post in the modding forum, more chance of someone picking it up

(in reply to Ekaton)
Post #: 806
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 5:52:39 PM   
loki100

quote:

What would be the supply and morale loss effect of setting garrisons in ports under "siege" to Static? I notice besieged units in ports suffer from lots of attrition and morale loss, even in fort +2 size and with plenty of supplies. Would setting them to static change this, for better or for worse?

no particular gain, no particular loss. Static still take attrition, so it depends if you want to have the AP changes and the possible problem of a local truck shortage when you make them mobile again

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 807
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 6:55:08 PM   
juv95hrn

When the AI creates Soviet Air Groups, is this scripted according to a schedule, or what parameters does it take in regard? It would make sense to create air groups, containing air models available in great numbers, yet I find it doesn´t for now (spring 42). Any input appreciated.

Thanks!

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 808
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 8:11:04 PM   
Rosencrantus

I have some fighter groups that aren't assigned to any air directive and they aren't auto intercepting any soviet ground attack (F3) missions. Should I just use air superiority missions instead? in my games against the AI they intercept but in my PBEM game they are just sitting there doing nothing against dozens of ground attack missions.

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 809
RE: Quick Questions Thread - 7/1/2021 9:10:40 PM   
loki100

quote:

When the AI creates Soviet Air Groups, is this scripted according to a schedule, or what parameters does it take in regard? It would make sense to create air groups, containing air models available in great numbers, yet I find it doesn´t for now (spring 42). Any input appreciated.

Thanks!

afaik, its historical.

You'll find some instances where it appears you have more planes than units. The reason is that most Soviet players try to use the VVS more cautiously than historical practice

(in reply to juv95hrn)
Post #: 810
Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Quick Questions Thread Page: <<   < prev  25 26 [27] 28 29   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI