Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 3/29/2021 11:15:55 AM   
Phoenix100

Pavel has said that's not going to happen, because too complicated to code, but there will be many, like me, who find it difficult to see things even at the highest zoom levels, and this will be compounded if, like me, you are colour-blind, because so much depends upon colour coding.

But. I found a really great free program that does everything I need. Zoomit. You can keep a link to it in your taskbar, activate it there and then configure only 2 keystrokes - Cntrl-1 and Cntrl-4 - to your mouse buttons (assuming you have a couple of spare mouse buttons) and you then will get an instant excellent zoom capability. It really works for me. The zoom level is configurable and if you use the Cntrl-4 switch then the screen is live in zoom (you can click/select/move etc). It's very good. Not as good as having a higher zoom level, but good enough.

It is SO much better than the windows magnifier app. The windows magnifier I found clunky and awkward, and it comes with a control panel that takes up screen space. This (free) zoomit app provides excellent resolution magnification without any of that. it's not even resident.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/zoomit

I'm sure it's been seen before, but, just in case...
Post #: 1
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 3/29/2021 12:01:04 PM   
Jajusha

Thank you Phoenix, it does help alot. Was having troubling checking if some attacks involved a river crossing or not, and this was just the tool i needed

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 2
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 3/29/2021 12:19:50 PM   
Searry

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jajusha

Thank you Phoenix, it does help alot. Was having troubling checking if some attacks involved a river crossing or not, and this was just the tool i needed

You can hover over a hex and see where the rivers are. Also, press t to hide the counters.

WITE2 Beta Tester
Axis Bias mod Fanboy
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5144537

(in reply to Jajusha)
Post #: 3
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 3/29/2021 4:50:14 PM   
sandman2575

THANK YOU Phoenix! I was seriously starting to think I wouldn't spend much time with WitE2 -- the eye-strain is just too great with the tiny text. But this is a great tool that has saved the day! Much better than the Windows Magnifier, like you say.

Thanks again for the excellent suggestion!

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 4
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 5/27/2021 7:58:57 PM   
username01

Downloaded and tried this yesterday. It seems to work and zooms in pretty close (Cntr+1 right?) The only problem is my mouse then won't work on the map, meaning I can't hover over any hex until i switch off this zoomit.

(in reply to Jajusha)
Post #: 5
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 5/27/2021 8:16:36 PM   
username01

All's well. The latest update fix seems to have restored normal resolution, which means normal zoom as well - don't need Zoomit, so thanks Matrix for the latest download.

(in reply to username01)
Post #: 6
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 5/27/2021 8:24:59 PM   
Phoenix100

If you ever need to go back to zoomit then Cntrl-4 gives an interactive zoom, so you can use the mnouse as normal whilst zoomed. You can bind it to a mouse button, for example.

How does the new patch fix the zoom? Do you mean that if you alter either the screen resolution down or the font scaling the new patch magnifies the map?

UPDATE: I checked, and see that this is indeed the case. Excellent.

< Message edited by Phoenix100 -- 5/27/2021 8:40:19 PM >

(in reply to username01)
Post #: 7
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 5/28/2021 2:53:45 PM   
username01

Phoenix: The screen resolution (widescreen which covers my 22" Philips monitor) changed to a slightly bigger font and resolution after the matrix update. Before that - I still had widescreen, but with smaller looking counters, fonts, and map detail. It all looks a little bigger now, but using the same resolution as before...If that makes any sense. The mouse zoom in is still just a one-click but bigger than before....Cheers.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 8
RE: For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT - 7/18/2021 9:46:47 PM   
Darojax

My near eyesight is good, but ZoomIt is still a very nice tool! Installed and will give it a go, cheers!

(in reply to username01)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> For those who wish for a higher zoom level. ZOOMIT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI