Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

T18 - Rasputitsa.....never heard of it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> T18 - Rasputitsa.....never heard of it? Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
T18 - Rasputitsa.....never heard of it? - 5/7/2021 6:53:04 PM   
Speedysteve

Well. Firstly Comrades apologies for the lack of updates. It's been a frenetic time travelling the Union keeping morale up by personal Vodka drop-offs (in reality, a few days away, sorting a new job and a potential house move out)...

There's not a mass to report form the Soviet side. A few counter-attacks where I can, building up defences and reserves, appointing new Army leaders. Fortified Units have been placed and will be placed at key places around Leningrad and Sevastapol for example. I'm fairly confident I will keep Leningrad now....It's heavily defended and well supplied with Vodka and 7.62mm bullets...Rostov is also holding an Autumn party in the rain.....mud-wrestling.....naked dancing.....you know....the usual mud party things.

Herr Loki has posted the current losses and OOB (which I'm relatively happy about) so here's my current Production view...trucks are ok for now. Gradual upgrade of the VVS continues....

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 121
T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/8/2021 10:16:02 AM   
loki100

T19 - 26 October 1941

So lets start with the weather – I've never seen this in any previous game but everywhere its light rain and light mud (some heavy around Leningrad) ... file that under undeserved luck, maybe it won't snow till February? There is a lot of heavy rain to the west of the combat regions in the Baltic states and along the 1941 borders.

Next turn looks like heavy rain.

Unusually the Soviets were exceptionally well behaved apart from a few bombers who decided to disturb my supply deliveries.

Odd pattern to the super-depots this week.

Not surprised that Dnepropetrovsk took on relatively little given how much it received last week, Smolensk filled out but almost nothing to Pskov. Wonder if rail capacity is the limit here in that it can't fill out 3 such depots each week – and do all the secondary supply runs?

Note that each is well protected just in case of Soviet bombing raids.

So opted not to do very much. Took over an abandoned Kursk, hit anything in the front lines that seemed weak.

Which mostly paid off.

Very cautious about trying to take cities where the time bonus has expired but where its going to be easy for the Soviets to pick up the +6 in the winter, here that is Orel, Rzhev and Kalinin.

The other reason to be cautious is that attrition is starting to bite – now most are disabled but I need to improve my logistics so that they actually can return to their units. This is why my manpower pool is so large – that is actually not a good sign.

So I have an idea for November, but not sure it is worth committing to.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 122
RE: T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/9/2021 6:32:28 PM   
Beethoven1

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

Very cautious about trying to take cities where the time bonus has expired but where its going to be easy for the Soviets to pick up the +6 in the winter, here that is Orel, Rzhev and Kalinin.

It seems problematic and gamey that players are incentivized to NOT take cities such as Orel/Rzhev/Kalinin by the VP system. Perhaps there might be some way that could be changed?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 123
RE: T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/9/2021 8:59:26 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beethoven1

quote:

It seems problematic and gamey that players are incentivized to NOT take cities such as Orel/Rzhev/Kalinin by the VP system. Perhaps there might be some way that could be changed?

not sure why, my opponent did a good job of stalling my final offensives and I am trying to pick a defensible line.

If I had the +6 time bonus then it would have been worth taking them. As it is I'll leave them to 1942 (no bonus) and gamble on holding them late enough into 1943 to deny the Soviets their bonus - I certainly can't hold a city at the edge of my logistcs network, surrounded by clear terrain at this phase of the war

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 124
RE: T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/9/2021 9:18:20 PM   
Beethoven1

quote:

quote:

quote:

not sure why, my opponent did a good job of stalling my final offensives and I am trying to pick a defensible line.

If I had the +6 time bonus then it would have been worth taking them. As it is I'll leave them to 1942 (no bonus) and gamble on holding them late enough into 1943 to deny the Soviets their bonus - I certainly can't hold a city at the edge of my logistcs network, surrounded by clear terrain at this phase of the war

If the reason for not taking them is just that it would strain your logistics network too much, that is one thing, and that makes some sense and is reasonable.

However, if the reason for not taking them is just to manipulate the VP system, then to me that points to a problem with the way the VP system is constructed. The Germany player should not have an incentive to not take cities in 1941 just because that means the Soviets will end up with more VPs!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 125
RE: T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/10/2021 7:36:36 AM   
loki100

quote:

If the reason for not taking them is just that it would strain your logistics network too much, that is one thing, and that makes some sense and is reasonable.

However, if the reason for not taking them is just to manipulate the VP system, then to me that points to a problem with the way the VP system is constructed. The Germany player should not have an incentive to not take cities in 1941 just because that means the Soviets will end up with more VPs!

there are a load of cities near to the current front that I could take, and will lose in the winter. I've an idea that I can hold onto most of what I have (in VP terms) apart from Kursk.

the way the VP system works is:

a) I get (or don't) a time bonus for capture, that has gone for Orel, Kalinin, Rzhev and Rostov
b) the Soviets get a time bonus for one of two outcomes
bi) early recapture
bii) never losing when the initiative changes

So my opponent gets, rightly, a potential reward for very much 'winning' the last 5-6 turns. Now given the time frames, there is nothing I can do about Kalinin and Rostov (as the Soviet recapture point is in a few turns). Depending on my plans/potential for 1942 I will probably take Orel and Rzhev (with no time bonus but it still counts to the HWM), I can gamble on clinging to them late enough into 1943 to deny any time bonus.

Now the likely outcome is that I will not hold those cities late enough so pick up a net -24 on this set (which really hurts me for the late 1944 check) but if I hang back I have an outside chance - or in other words the VP system sets a constraint but also leaves a degree of player agency?

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 126
RE: T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/10/2021 10:40:27 AM   
Nix77

The consequences of the initiative & HWM VP system is quite difficult to visualize, and I fully understand Beethoven's worries.

But isn't it still so that at any point, if you can conquer a city and be able to hold on to it long enough, it's better option to capture it than leave it for the enemy? Or is the risk of an early recapture too highlighted in the VP system? The enemy getting permanent bonus points for even a short recapture sounds a bit gamey to me.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 127
RE: T19 - still waiting for the rain - 5/10/2021 10:48:13 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77

The consequences of the initiative & HWM VP system is quite difficult to visualize, and I fully understand Beethoven's worries.

But isn't it still so that at any point, if you can conquer a city and be able to hold on to it long enough, it's better option to capture it than leave it for the enemy? Or is the risk of an early recapture too highlighted in the VP system? The enemy getting permanent bonus points for even a short recapture sounds a bit gamey to me.

The VP system is punishing me for making a mess of the Autumn phase.

I have 2 undesirable choices. Grab Orel now, there is no way I can hold it over the winter so the Soviets get a net +6 guarenteed as they retook it before their set date. Or take it in 1942 (assuming I can mount an offensive), I have an outside chance of clinging to it long enough to deny them their time bonus. If I needed the 10 for the HWM score I'd have to take it now to stay in the game, fortunately I'm not in that position.

If I never take it then the outcome is even worse. Not only do they get the +6 when the initiative changes, I never get the base 10 in my score to boost the HWM (so initiative will change earlier and my chances of holding on for a win at the end of 1944 become minimal).

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 128
T19 - Rasputitsa....what Rasputitsa - 5/10/2021 1:55:01 PM   
Speedysteve

Well Comrades....this is officially the worst (as in not heavy often enough) Autumn rain I've seen in my life. Comrade Stalin has clearly not consumed enough vodka...I hope he consumes more before the Winter starts! I didn't order any attacks across the theatre this week as it was heavy rain everywhere.

On the plus side my OOB continues to grow as men are called up to active duty and given a pitch fork....errrr rifle and sent to the front line.

The AP allocation has continued to (mainly) be spent on sending better friends to command HQ's. Now the Fronts are settled and sorted (for now) I've sent key commanders to important Army HQ's. I'm now in the process of gradually going down the list (literally using the CR) starting to replace the worst commanders for better ones....it will all add up in the long run.

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 129
T20 - rain, what rain? - 5/10/2021 2:00:25 PM   
loki100

T20 – 2 November 1941

So finally heavy rain and heavy mud across the entire front. Looks like the same next turn over the north but cold in the south.

Most of my small moves were designed to make sure there were no mobile units in the front lines where the Soviets can knock off their CPP.

Picking up on last turn's logistic question, this time Pskov was allocated a substantial amount, the other 2 relying on stored freight. Does support a view that the Axis actually lack the trains to constantly refill 3 major depots each turn.

But very little of it moving beyond the depots.

Overall not exactly very threatening as far as Moscow goes.

Or in the south.

OOB – have given 2A command of most of what was the infantry in 2 and 3 PG as my focus becomes more defensive. Size of the Soviet reserve is indication of bad things to come, especially when they get their 500,000 man bonus.

And as I ran the end-turn, it looked like winter had arrived instead.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 130
T20 - Raspublizzarda - 5/11/2021 11:17:29 AM   
Speedysteve

Well definitely the strangest weather every. 1 week of proper heavy rain then blizzard across the North and Center, cold in the South. However with in not being December yet (no Axis malus) and the snow level not being deep enough it actually means not the right tiem for me to launch my theatre wide counter-attack. Just the one spoiling attack in the Center as troops are brought up, rested, gaining CPP and vodka for the upcoming fun.

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 131
RE: T20 - Raspublizzarda - 5/11/2021 11:20:27 AM   
Speedysteve

Whilst the silly Goose Steppers can't put an Opel Blitz in the right gear we're swimming in Vodka in most areas...Uncle Joe is very happy with my logistic prowess

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 132
T21 - Stalin clearly can't add up - 5/11/2021 8:21:25 PM   
loki100

T21 – 9 November 1941

Somebody really can't count ....

And the weather carries on being rather bizarre – blizzards across the nothern part of the map, snow in the Ukraine. To make it even more weird, the ground conditions are clear.

If I believe my forecast, its blizzards again next week.

So start tucking up the LW for winter. Last turn a lot of the LB and longer ranged recon went to the reserve, this turn I just put it all to rest but the weaker formations also go the reserves. No point paying the supply costs.

On which subject, Dnepropetrovsk and Smolensk still have a lot of stored freight (I've dismantled those super-depots to try and improve coverage up to the front).

Pskov has a lot of turn over as it releases its stores and replaces it (the FBD was left here).

So the only systematic offensive was at Leningrad, I'd like to properly isolate the city. Reasonably sure I can then hold on here given Soviet supply problems and the terrain.

Infantry of PG3 launched some spoiling attacks, pulled out quite a lot here to refit.

Much the same in the Ukraine, may as well rout/shatter where I can and cut as many rail lines as possible.

Produced a reasonable loss ratio as well.

Not that it makes much difference to the big numbers. This is not going to be a fun winter as they will be easily over 4.5m by mid-December.

Have done a fair bit of re-organising to balance out CP loads, note that only the PG are left on assault.

2 early blizzard weeks is not good news, mainly as it starts to generate snow levels (& its heavy snow that really cripples the axis forces).

Really paying the price for not working for pockets early on.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 133
Of course he can count nincompoop! - 5/12/2021 8:28:35 AM   
Speedysteve

Err....Herr Loki not sure what you're on about

Seems pretty accurate to me

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 134
RE: Of course he can count nincompoop! - 5/12/2021 8:42:57 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedysteve

Err....Herr Loki not sure what you're on about

Seems pretty accurate to me

uhuh ... I'll send an abacus across the front lines to help out

< Message edited by loki100 -- 5/12/2021 8:45:12 AM >

Post #: 135
RE: Of course he can count nincompoop! - 5/12/2021 9:12:45 AM   
Speedysteve

It's ok....I've enough fingers on my soldiers to use instead.....but thanks Comrade

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 136
T22 (not really) Counting on Stalin - 5/12/2021 8:29:54 PM   
loki100

T22 – 16 November 1941

So a second week with front wide blizzards, at least its still mostly light snow on the ground.

Only Soviet antics around Leningrad.

With a suitable response.

Supply situation deteriotating. At least some major depots are fairly full. Also good to see replacement manpower moving up (in time to get frostbite).

Could do with some more tanks being built.

Though at least I'm not losing many. 12,000 of my manpower losses were in the logistics phase – so they are added to the Berlin vacation force.

No pictures of most of the map as I am now setting up defensively.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 137
T22 literally counting on Stalin - 5/12/2021 8:50:25 PM   
Speedysteve

Same....I can't post much as Stalin has issued theatre wide bans for something secret

BUT....talking of tanks....THESE are tanks....not your silly tractors...

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 138
RE: T22 literally counting on Stalin - 5/12/2021 8:51:20 PM   
Speedysteve

Winnie has even given me some of these babies....remember Arras?

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 139
T23 - Waltzing all over a Matilda (or two) - 5/13/2021 7:53:17 AM   
loki100

T23 – 23 November 1941

Soviets are getting confident, pressing up to the front lines but not actually do very much to live up to their reputations.

At least the weather turned to snow so on-ground its not yet deep snow and it may just stay as snow next week.

So here we are, just waiting. Reasonable front line (length, terrain, fortifications and reserves) on this sector. My suspicion is the Soviets won't be able to sustain an offensive here.

Unless they really make it their core effort and even then they will have supply problems.

Not too bad here, I've managed to rebuild both Pzr Grps so that is an additional problem for them. Don't want to have to commit them seriously but at least the capacity is there. Not sure if the Soviets see this as particularly important though. There's not much for them to retake of any real value and I'm scarcely threatening Moscow.

Not great but in most places I have local reserves and can just pull back. Problem is both Kursk and Stalino are in the front lines and worth an effort to regain. Kharkov is a little bit safer.

Taking the good news where I can find it – 2,500 functional tanks is not a bad position given what has happened.

Clearing the damaged group is important as I won't get many real reinforcements for a while.

I'm going to let this fall behind the game a little bit more from here. Conscious that stuff is set up for the medium turn that I'd rather became a surprise.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 140
T24 - Advancing backwards .... - 5/14/2021 9:31:04 PM   
loki100

T24 – 30 November 1941

Oh great

Small bit of good news was the weather reverted to snowfall, so even in the north its just short of deep snow on the ground.

Looking ahead, the worst of the weather is going to strike from Moscow to Kharkov.

Not getting enough supply to the combat formations,

but my main depots are well stocked. Kharkov was connected that turn which will help.

Anyway, here and there made local attacks, the Soviets have got a bit too casual for my tastes.

Not only does that cull the VVS, it gives me some idea where the better commanders have been allocated.

Repeated that, more successfully across the front. At a rough guess that was 30 routed divisions, a couple that shattered. Not enough to remove the threat but a useful reduction in their immediate front line numbers.

Net losses were in my favour, an image to cherish given what is on the way. At least that gives them something to spend their new manpower stock on.

And a decent chunk out of the VVS.

So in addition to Leningrad, what did I learn?

Nobody on the front line around Vyazma who worries me, Lelyushenko south of Bryansk is interesting.

No real clues there.

Nor there.

The Crimea tells me more about the state of Soviet supply than about the state of their leadersip.

Guess all I learnt is that their best formations are not immediately in the front lines yet.

Spent a lot of AP on a numpty reduction programme. Need to pass as many leadership rolls as I can.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 141
T24 - Wish I could advance where I planned to..... - 5/19/2021 2:29:30 PM   
Speedysteve

Welcome Comrades to the greatest show on Earth and the start of our Winter Offensive. I had been planning Operation We Love Uncle Joe for over a month now.....since we're at T29 I can disclose what my original intentions were since the weather has royally screwed me and I had to adapt and change the plan on the fly.

The original focus area was going to be a substantial offensive in the Leningrad area. The logic for this was if I could push the Fascists back to the Narva I would effectively guarantee Leningrad's safety for the war allowing me to focus forces in other areas.

The plans for this involved a supply priority focus for forces in the area, use of an NKPS to boost a depot, 2 reserve armies bought up, allocation of some of my best leaders (Rokossovsky, Bagramyan, Tolbukhin, Popov, Bobkin, Berzarin and Purkaev) to the theatre and masses of additional vodka rations for my men.

The plan was set, leaders had been briefed, men on triple vodka rations, Leningrad Front set to assault status and........the weather screws me.......many areas on the below screenshot have not seen.....a.....single......week.....of blizzard (even to now on T29).....ridiculous. As such in actuality I have made very little progress in this sector during the Winter Offensive.

Apart from the obvious (using these commanders and troops elsewhere) the other frustrating part is the total waste of over 150 AP's in getting this all set up.

Since we're in the middle of the Winter Offensive I can't post much yet on what has happened since and the area I had to shift my focus to but I'm 'reasonably' happy with the damage I have managed to do in this improtu focus area from T24 onwards.

The below art masterpiece shows the NKPS, 2 reserve armies and the original target line.....vapourware now mind you.

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 142
T25 - Japan helps out (not really) - 5/23/2021 11:01:10 AM   
loki100

T25 – 7 December 1941

Well Japan comes to my rescue ... or not. The weather forecast was right, with a very odd shaped blizzard, next turn its going to be front wide. Deep snow roughly from Smolensk south, only snow above that line.

Oddly the Soviets didn't really try very hard:

So decided to give them some ideas:

So gave up a bit of space at Rzhev – I can retreat a long way here with no particular cost.

And a bit of gentle sparring on the Kursk-Kharkov sector. I'm assuming some sort of plan to break my lines between Kursk and Bryansk (judging by the leadership etc) so have a deep reserve set up there.

Realise its just starting but the Pzrs are currently in a decent shape.

And most of my losses are disabled (so should return in the Spring – if I last that long).

Tank build up in the pools is more due to inability to deliver to the front than excess production. The Pzr replacement battalions are useful for bringing this stock up to the line but won't start till January.

Apols for the short gap, while I did go to mainland Scotland I also found a corner with no wifi or mobile phone signals ... so my noble opponent couldn't get a turn ... but to pick up on Steven's last post - he has been really unlucky with the weather. Roger

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 143
T26 - could be worse - 5/25/2021 7:32:39 AM   
loki100

T26 – 14 December 1941

Not too bad for week 2 of December:

'Not' is doing some serious work in that sentence, so we are in full retreat in N Africa, the French are revolting and the minor inconvenience of being at war with the USA.

Weather remains a bit of a south-north split. Roughly south of Velikie Luki is blizzard/deep snow (boo), to the north is still only snowfall and normal snow.

So it looks like the main Soviet offensive is aimed at 9 Army

And at the hinge between 4 and 6 Armies. Limited action in the Dombas where mostly my lines held up.

Overall not too bad – where they failed they took really heavy losses.

Start to gain a better feel for where their key commanders/formations are. Note that both sides get hit by the heavy snow removing elements from combat before it even starts.

None of my formations are in great supply, but its notable that far more is arriving in the Pskov set of depots than anywhere else.

For a response, mostly pulling back a hex, not enough to remove the threat but it means maybe only one chance to attack, easier for AGC as there is always some sort of terrain bonus. Lashed back here and there – sometimes with real success. In a way more cheered up by the lost guns than the raw manpower.

Despite that, overall numbers rather grim – if predictable (19,000 of my losses came in the logistics phase).

Small pleasures ... and all that.

Truck score. Well I've lost almost 68,000 (nearly 2,800 this turn alone), Soviets have loaned me 21,500 as compensation for the damage they've caused.

Northern supply network – its fairly neat (apart from all the shortfalls).

Ukraine remains a guddle.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 144
T26: not my fault....need General Winter to actually ap... - 5/26/2021 10:58:06 PM   
Speedysteve

Well Comrades....as I pointed out earlier on and as Herr Loki highlighted the initial advances for my counter-attack were launched by Reserve Front. After the failure of 'any winter' offensive around Leningrad I had to improvise. I chose the areas near Moscow for 2 main reasons:

1.) Force dispositions/depth. I had a natural force depth here of many many miles that gave me a natural 'pool of men' to advance and replace depleted formations due to Sausage eater resistance.

2.) Supply! With many key locations still in my hands and near the front (Rzhev/Kaluga/Orel) my men would have no problems in obtaining vodka.....crucial!

During week 2 (14th December) of my actual 'advance' my men make decent gains using Front wide echelon attacks and also reserve formation attacks to puncture Axis defences across Reserve and Western Front commands. An example of Reserve formation use is seen with the '2 attacks south of Dugino AF'. I'll post them below but Zakharov's initial failed attack was followed up by reserve formations from Zakharin's 20th Army a day later....extra Vodka for Zakharin of course.......

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 145
RE: T26: not my fault....need General Winter to actuall... - 5/26/2021 11:01:16 PM   
Speedysteve

Glorious:

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 146
RE: T26: not my fault....need General Winter to actuall... - 5/26/2021 11:09:34 PM   
Speedysteve

Herr Loki's Abwehr is clearly working since the second area for counter-attacks was directed around Kursk. Here it was largely based on the enemy forces being spread out and the fact that Comrade Stalin had a vodka dream clearly seeing Kursk as being very important in July 1943. The men responded accordingly....In all seriousness if we can re-take Kursk it would be a nice VP boon (important since the War was clearly fought on a VP basis). The challenge here is viable depots....Orel and Voronezh are there but that's it.....it also dictated why Southern Front was a real challenge to use as a focus area....Rostov and Voroshilovgrad...and that's it for decent depots in my hand....tough.

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 147
RE: T26: not my fault....need General Winter to actuall... - 5/26/2021 11:13:52 PM   
Speedysteve

OOB. Comrade Stalin is very happy seeing the silly enemy tractors freezing and becoming ice monuments:

Attachment (1)

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 148
T27 - Mildy less than spiffing news - 5/27/2021 8:32:01 AM   
loki100

T27 – 21 December 1941

Yep, I've worked this one out

Overall same odd pattern of weather, still only snow in the northern sector.

But the Soviets were much more active but paying a high price where they ran into my Pzrs.

My counter-attacks were mostly very ill-judged as things start to fray but some generated satisfying routs and heavy losses.

Nothing too worrying up at Leningrad so was able to plug that gap.

Not too bad for AGC/N around Vyazma, 9A took a battering but has space to fall back into.

Bit more worrying here, gave up space, I'm going to lose Kursk (-6 time bonus) so no point trying too hard to hold on. I'd like to cling to Kharkov if I can. Dombas more under control and Soviets being very cautious in the Crimea.

Ah well, another 2 turns and then the first relaxation of the worst effects. Also the first of the fresh infantry divisions arriving which will make it a bit easier to rotate and plug the gaps.

Down to 1,200 working tanks – going to be around 800 by January.

Note I've stripped down the Luftwaffe to little more than a fighter screen. I guess one good thing is the Soviets can't get over 5m easily given they have consumed their 500k allocation.

Losses – again mostly attrition. Have to keep in mind most of my disabled will return (reckon on around 20% by May).

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 149
RE: T27 - Mildy less than spiffing news - 5/27/2021 12:43:46 PM   
squatter

Hi Loki - looking at your supply network, it seems you are only building depots where there are railyards.

I wonder what are the disadvantages of building depots on non-railyard rail hexes much nearer the front, especially in winter? Obviously they will not process as much freight as railyard depots, but they will allow some units nearby to use the 3-hex horse transport rule and retain more MPs as a result?

What am I missing out that makes this a bad idea?

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> After Action Reports >> T18 - Rasputitsa.....never heard of it? Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI