Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Enhanced Supply-Map Mode

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Enhanced Supply-Map Mode Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Enhanced Supply-Map Mode - 4/1/2021 12:28:31 PM   
Floxolydian

Supply/freight seems to be many players' most difficult part of the game in terms of getting an intuition for.

I've been thinking about how to possibly enable players to get a better overview of how much freight their units are receiving. We already have the bars for depots but it's not yet quickly accessible how much the units need/receive.

If they were able to see on the map how much freight their units needed versus received they'd be able to get a better intuition on freight.

they'd notice:
a) how units' supply priority (could also be overlayed) affect how much freight they receive (and what factor it plays)
b) how units that are further away from a depot receive less freight(and what factor distance plays)
c) how units with poor terrain/lack of good roads receive less (and what factor...)
d) how weather affects it
e) how much more freight units need that fought in the previous turn
f) how much more freight units need that are on refit mode

currently, to see that information the player has to go to each units' supply details. Yes, there's the supply-level soft factor map mode - but freight needed vs received is the crux. And a shade of green/red doesn't quite give us what counts: The numbers.

Proposal:

A mapmode in which two (can be small) numbers are overlayed over each unit: Freight required and freight received.

or

Said numbers become more quickly accessible via unit context menu

< Message edited by Floxolydian -- 4/1/2021 1:05:18 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Enhanced Supply-Map Mode Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI