Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Airbase Abrevations?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Airbase Abrevations? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Airbase Abrevations? - 4/5/2021 8:37:04 AM   
Titan

Do they mean anything, i saw what the Abv means in the rules but does it matter in the game what base my planes are stationed at? If so how do i find out
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Airbase Abrevations? - 4/6/2021 2:50:32 AM   
JoeLewis

No. The SAD airbases disappear in 1942 so you should use them as your staging bases and have few planes in them. The VVS airbases will supply your partisans with transports and level bombers, make sure they are set to night. All the other names don't matter from what I understand.

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Airbase Abrevations? - 4/6/2021 3:32:14 AM   
Titan

Thanks Bud, what about the PVO/ anything special or just lump anything in them?

Cheers

(in reply to JoeLewis)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Airbase Abrevations? - 4/6/2021 6:25:07 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titan

Do they mean anything, i saw what the Abv means in the rules but does it matter in the game what base my planes are stationed at? If so how do i find out

Only VVS and PVO matter are different. Here's a guide someone published that I use and it helps keep track of your airforce. One thing that is important is all should have day fighter cover. Ideally you should also have empty airbases well forward for using as stagging bases to extend ranges, again one per Front.

Air Force 1942
1. In September, you can start rebuilding it, so that it is ready for the winter offensive.

2. Seven airbases for each front as follows
1 x VVS (1 x recon, 2-3 half transport/half LBs set to night and 1-3 FB for CAP.
2 x IAD (fighter bombers – preferably only Yaks, MiGs and LaGGs)
1 x ShAD (with IL2 for ground support
1 or 2 x NBAD (1 with U2VS for night harassment close to the front and one with night fighters when you have them)
1 x BAD (mostly with pe2 level bombers).

3. The 4 BAK air Corps HQs disband after 10 turns. As the Baltic and Black Sea Air Commands cannot disband use these in lieu attaching a DBAD to them and assigning LR LB.

4. MDs should have 1 or 2 PVO airbases around important cities for CAP.

5. Give 1 PVO AA Rgt to every Air HQ and Lock.

6. When armies are correctly staffed, give a good leader (Air value>5) to all air HQs starting with those in most critical sectors

7. SAD airbases will eventually start to disband in Feb 1942. They should be replaced with ShAD airbases but BAD will do as an interim measure.

Other may differ on this

(in reply to Titan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Airbase Abrevations? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI