Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/7/2021 8:02:24 AM   
Dimitris

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4997647

(in reply to Rain08)
Post #: 31
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/7/2021 8:16:37 AM   
guanotwozero

Thanks, Dimitris, will give it a whirl.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 32
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/7/2021 8:39:56 AM   
guanotwozero

OK, tried the same one over again, but now it's not firing anything.

Trying it on manual gives "Interception point is below weapon minimum target altitude" as soon as a vampire inside the range ring.

Save enclosed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 33
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/7/2021 10:51:06 AM   
DWReese

Not that it matters now since Dimitris has released a new update, but I misspoke earlier, and I wanted to correct what I said.

The ABM change occurred with 1147,17. version 1147.16 could still be used, as 1147.17 is where the big changes occurred.

I just wanted to set the record straight, just in case you wanted to know.

It's all irrelevant now, though, since a new version came out. A special thanks to Dimitris, and the crew.

Doug

(in reply to Rain08)
Post #: 34
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/7/2021 4:02:53 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

OK, tried the same one over again, but now it's not firing anything.

Trying it on manual gives "Interception point is below weapon minimum target altitude" as soon as a vampire inside the range ring.

Save enclosed.

But this time the negative message is consistent, right? It does not come on and off again as the range closes, correct?

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 35
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/8/2021 5:20:04 AM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris
But this time the negative message is consistent, right? It does not come on and off again as the range closes, correct?

Yes, that's correct - it's consistent within the range ring.

Interestingly, it tells me I can manually engage shortly after X-Band detection, when it's still some 700 nm distant and well outside missile and FCR range. The vampire descent is still fairly shallow there.

At about 450 nm out (now within FCR but not missile range) the message changes to "Interception point is below weapon minimum target altitude" and stays that way to impact.

Edit: I've tested a little more, and now discovered that there's a small region where some of the missiles state "Target is out of the weapon's DLZ" between the two.

I enclose a save where part of the salvo says it can be engaged and the other part is outside the DLZ, in case it's relevant.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by guanotwozero -- 4/8/2021 5:36:08 AM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 36
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/8/2021 8:17:37 AM   
Dimitris

I did a test run on this save now: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4997654 . Using B1147.20.

The RVs at the edge of the nominal THAAD range were a lost cause (too late to intercept), so I spawned a fresh DF-26C TEL in the vicinity of the original shooters and fired another shot.

The missile & RV were detected by the SBX platform at over 900nm, and the first pair of THAADs were launched well outside the nominal envelope:

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 37
RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers - 4/8/2021 10:09:17 AM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris
I did a test run on this save now: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4997654 . Using B1147.20.

The RVs at the edge of the nominal THAAD range were a lost cause (too late to intercept), so I spawned a fresh DF-26C TEL in the vicinity of the original shooters and fired another shot.

The missile & RV were detected by the SBX platform at over 900nm, and the first pair of THAADs were launched well outside the nominal envelope:

Do you mean automatic launches or that you were able to launch manually?

I re-ran the scenario from the beginning to ensure all behaviour was within B1147.20 (launch happens early on), and saw that the targetting stance goes through several phases:

=================================
Phase 1 - about 940nm out, shortly after the RVs are detected, I found I could manually target them all.

Phase 2 - about 540nm out, when the salvo enters the THAAD FCR zone, I can still target some but for others "Target is outside the weapon's DLZ zone".

Phase 3 - about 450nm out, some are "Target is outside the weapon's DLZ zone" and others are "Interception point is below weapon minimum target altitude"

Phase 4 - about 420nm out, all can be manually targetted again.

Phase 5 - about 220nm out, as the salvo approaches THAAD missile range, all RVs are "Interception point is below weapon minimum target altitude" and remain that way until impact.

I got no automatic launches to occur, using default doctrine.
=================================

Interesting that the THAAD C-2's horizontal range is somewhat less than the vertical ceiling - in practice I'd expect it's more complex, involving total delta-V, so that lower intercepts could be achieved further out. Though of course the more of the trajectory within the atmosphere the less delta-V can be achieved due to drag.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> RE: THAAD ABM missiles not firing in enough numbers Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI