Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Amphibious Transports

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Japanese Amphibious Transports Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Amphibious Transports - 4/23/2021 9:46:18 PM   
LoneRunner

Score: 0
The latest patch may have caused a problem with build limits for Japanese long range amphibious transports (ATLs).

In my current online game the Japanese are at level two logistics and level one amphibious warfare. However, I can only build three ATLs. In previous games before the patch, the number of buildable ATLs for Japan increased by three for each level of logistics. And the Strategy Guide confirms the increase in build limit.

So, at level two logistics, Japan should be able to build six ATLs. I haven't built any short range ATs so that's not a limiting factor.

Could you look into this issue? Thanks in advance.

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 4/23/2021 9:47:22 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Amphibious Transports - 4/23/2021 11:06:23 PM   
pjg100

Hi LR. I think the number of AVLs increases with advances in amphibious warfare tech, not logistics. Logistics increases the number of regular transports. That is how it has been for some time. If logistics previously increased the number of AVLs, I was not aware of it.

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Amphibious Transports - 4/24/2021 6:58:58 PM   
LoneRunner

Thanks pjg.

The manual and in-game directions are unclear.

The in-game Research Notes for Amphibious Warfare state that each level will increase the Attack Values, Action Points, and Build Limits of both types of Amphibious Transports. With the lack of other information I assumed the increase was 1. But it might be 3.

The In-game Research Notes for Logistics state that each level increases the build limit for HQs and Transports by 1. You are right, it doesn't state which type of transport is affected. And the Strategy Guide says that build limit increase for logistics is 3 for Japan. But it also does not indicate which type of transport is affected.

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 4/24/2021 7:01:59 PM >

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Amphibious Transports - 4/25/2021 4:21:02 AM   
pjg100

Each level of amphibious warfare definitely increases JA build limits for AVLs by three; at least, that is how it has worked in the past. I haven't played a game under v1.11 so can only assume that that is still true.

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> Japanese Amphibious Transports Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI