Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Help - 5/4/2021 5:18:38 PM   
Belthorian

I am modernizing Operation Brass Drum to take place in 2027 in Which Iran has heavily modernized its forces through arms purchases from China and Russia. I am also updating the US order of battle and I want to add the AIM-260 and its capabilities to my aircraft but I can't figure out how to add a weapon record like you can with ships. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Help - 5/4/2021 7:00:35 PM   
cdnice

Hey there,

You are limited to the loadouts and their weapons/etc. that are in the database. You cannot edit planes the way you can ships and subs.

Welcome to the forum!

(in reply to Belthorian)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Help - 5/4/2021 7:02:11 PM   
TempestII

The latest DB has most US jets with AIM-260 JATM Loadouts by the 2023 time frame. It's possible that Op Brass Drum was built when the JATM wasn't in game. If so, I think you'll have to do a rebuild on the scenario to update it.
Alternatively, you can use the AIM-152B - from what I gather, it's not as effective against VLO targets, but it does have a longer range.

(in reply to Belthorian)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Help - 5/4/2021 8:00:18 PM   
tylerblakebrandon

Angster added Sparrows to the Frisbees for the RSR Operation Dreamland scenario they made. Haven't played it in a while but they may not have been able to reload after the first flight.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4329157&mpage=2&key=

(in reply to TempestII)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Help - 5/5/2021 11:04:31 AM   
temkc5

I think it can be done

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4820863

Non mihi, Non tibi, Sed nobis

(in reply to tylerblakebrandon)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario Help - 5/6/2021 12:14:39 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

You are limited to the loadouts and their weapons/etc. that are in the database. You cannot edit planes the way you can ships and subs.

It can be either done using loadout swaps, or even using mounts on aircraft just like ships\subs\facilities and ground units. However the latter (mounts) can get into some more complex issues that often needed to be compensated for with more scripting than the avg person will want to do when it comes to reloading and proper fuel usage if some of realism is to be maintained. More so still if AI or 'mission controlled' units are involved. I mention some of those topics in the link temkc5 provided, but there are others.

A more extreme example with mounts and loadouts for a mythical b1-b sample:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4936126 (post #9)

This script might be handy to do lots of work for you if updating lots of aircraft and loadouts in an existing scene to something different. see: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4908508 (post 6)

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 5/6/2021 2:00:49 AM >

(in reply to temkc5)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI