Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

March 1st, 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> After Action Reports >> March 1st, 1942 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 7:05:14 AM   
incbob

March 1st, 1942. Japan Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
The Japanese 15th Army, under command of General Yamashita, attacks the India 20th Div. After holding for so long, the 20th division is just stretched to much and shatters under assault of the much larger force. The Japanese 15th Army then is joined by 1st Air Div in assaulting the India 1st Corp. The 1st Corp holds inflicting heavy losses on the 15th. (1st lost 0, 15th lost 4).
This gives Japan the crucial road junction north of Rangoon and relives the surrounded Japanese units.

North China.
150 miles northeast of Chungking the Japanese 12th Army attacks the weakened Chinese 27th Army which is forced to retreat. The 12th Army advances into the gap left and now sits just 150 miles from Chungking
200 miles to the east of Chungking the Japanese 13th Div and 17th Ind Bde launch an indecisive attack on the Chinese 1st Calvary.

South China.
On the Indochina border the hammer finally falls as the Japanese 25th Army and 21st Division launch attacks against the garrisoned Chinese 6th Army. At first the 6th Army holds, but after suffering serious losses it retreats. The cost is to high for the Japanese 25th Army however, and they fail to advance.

Other
The only other news is a Japanese submarine interdicts supply on Tonga, to the southeast of Fiji, destroying 20 supply. No Allied units are in range to stop the interdiction.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 61
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 7:07:01 AM   
incbob

March 1st, 1942. Allied Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
With the loss of the 20th Division holding the crucial road junction whether Rangoon can hold on or whether it will fall is in question. General Giffard, realizing the situation orders the 2nd Bde in Rangoon and the 14th Division south of Rangoon to launch a desperate cross river attack against the weakened Japanese Imperial Guards Division. The Japanese division holds on for a while, but finally shatters from repeated attacks. Luckily for Giffard the Indian losses are slight (14th Division loses 1 strength).

While this is happening just to the north the Indian 1st IAF conducts ground strikes against Japanese 56th Division which is followed by attacks from the India 17th Div. and 1st Corp. The 56th Division, though weakened by being out of supply valiantly holds out against attack after attack, but when the 17th Div. makes way for the 13th Bde the 56th Div. finally shatters.

Though two Japanese divisions have been removed from the field the Indian forces are in a precarious situation. The 14th Div. and 2nd Bde are holding firm and in good situations with the 2nd Bde now holding jungle positions to the northwest of Rangoon. The real problem is the Indian 1st Corp holding the road junction 100 miles north of Rangoon. Facing strong Japanese units the 1st Corp is spent. It is entrenched, has supply, but it is exhausted with just 13% effectiveness. General Giffard may have saved Rangoon for the moment, but it might cost him the 1st Corp.

General Giffard does get some good news that the Wazristan Division is ready to deploy from Calcutta. It is hollow news though as it might take the division a month or more to be ready to enter the fight.

North China.
Fearing the Japanese 12th Army, just 150 miles from Chungking, General Shao-liang Chu retreats his HQ toward Chungking and maneuvers his forces. He orders the 1st Army to move north of the Japanese army to begin an encirclement. To complete the encirclement he orders the exhausted 27th Army to move to the south of the Japanese army completing the encirclement.

To ensure the encirclement holds he orders the 1st Calvary to the hills 100 miles to the east of Japanese division. This means the 1st Calvary can act as a shield to any units that might come to attack the 1st Army or the 27th Army. To fill the gap left by the 1st Calvary he orders the 2nd, 3rd, and 7th armies to shift 50 miles north as the entire Chinese line shifts north.

The real danger is to the Chinese 27th Army. Exhausted by previous fighting it sits at just 16% effectiveness. This also places the 1st Army and the 1st Calvary in positions that cannot be supplied normally, but High Command promises that special supply trucks provided by the American and the British will be available to supply these units.

The Chinese get 20 supply trucks next turn and they are showing up just in time. I built these 90 days ago.

South China.
On the Indochina border the Chinese 14th and 6th Army becomes active while the 5th Army continues to march south to the border.

USN
The SS Swordfish begins patrolling the north Australian coast between Australia and New Guinea. This is to give warning should the Japanese begin to move in that direction.

I am disappointed to find that the CV Yorkton and Saratoga air groups did not get any experience from the Wake Island raid. I am not really sure what to do with them at this point. I can’t really attack anywhere because I don’t have transports. I don’t know where the Japanese fleet is at. I think about raiding Rabaul, taking out Japanese air units would really harm them as they don’t have that much production, but fear for my CV safety.

Australia
The AUS 1st RAAF, at full strength with 83% effectiveness, rebases to Port Moresby.
The NZ 4th.5th Tac Group, at 70% strength with 88% effectiveness, rebases to Milne Bay.

March 1st, 1942. Allied Production and Convoys

UK
65-5 (48/8)
With India hard pressed at Rangoon the United Kingdom makes the decision to temporarily end convoys to Australia and provide those supplies to India (16 production-2 oil).

For the first time there is little upkeep cost for the UK (4).

USA
380-20 (94/48) 257 upkeep.
Oil supply building, but upkeep through the roof. I know the USAFFE air group is getting reinforcements and I know that there might be a sub repairing otherwise not sure where it is all going.

China
64-4 (24/27)
Reinforcement increased to near max.

Australia
62-8 (4/38)
Reinforcement taking all production.

India
30-4 (2/4)
Production 30, Upkeep is 29.

A real interesting situation happened this turn. India got the new Wazristan Division, but where to deploy it. I could deploy it near Rangoon (I checked the port could supply it and the other Indian units if they got cut off). However, doing so could see it cut off as the Japanese passed by. On the other hand I could deploy it to Calcutta, but then it could take a month or more for it be ready to fight.

< Message edited by incbob -- 5/7/2021 7:14:02 AM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 62
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 7:15:52 AM   
incbob

Northern China

The exhausted 27th Army is indicated. The only Japanese unit able to attack it is the one that is encircled, but if it attacks the 27th will shatter.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 5/7/2021 7:16:41 AM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 63
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 7:17:37 AM   
incbob

Southern China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 64
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 7:18:44 AM   
incbob

Rangoon

The exhausted Indian 1st Corp is indicated. I do not expect it to last the next turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 65
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 7:19:56 AM   
incbob

Australia and Solomon Islands

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 66
March 15th, 1942 - 5/7/2021 10:21:01 PM   
incbob

March 15th, 1942. Japan Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
The expected Japanese assault on the Indian 1st Corp begins as the Japanese 22nd Army, 12th Base Force, and 121st Base Force inflict heavy casualties (2pt) and force the Corp to retreat.

Australia
Japanese air units from Jayapura, on the north coast of New Guinea strike the patrolling SS Swordfish causing very heavy damage that will force it to port.

North China.
The Japanese move to relieve their cutoff Army and begin to attack the Chinese 1st Calvary. Dug into the hills the Calvary hold off repeated attacks from the Japanese 13th Army with little casualties on either side. (3 attacks and neither side ever lost a strength point.)

200 miles east of Chungking the Japanese 20th Ind Bde forces the Chinese 3rd Army to retreat.

South China.
The Chinese 9th Army to the southeast of Changsha is attacked by the Japanese 40th Div. and 11th Army attack forcing it to retreat to the south of Changsha.

The Chinese Reserve Army finds itself facing several Japanese Armies. The Japanese 11th Army, 34th Div. and 18th Ind Bde launch a series of attacks on the Chinese Unit.

< Message edited by incbob -- 5/7/2021 10:25:39 PM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 67
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 10:21:57 PM   
incbob

March 15th, 1942. Allied Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
General Giffard sets his units along the east coast behind rivers and in jungle terrain waiting for the Japanese to move and attack. The brand new Wazristan division makes its way toward Rangoon and should be in place on the front by the end of March.

Australia-Solomon Islands-New Guinea
The USA USAFFE has over 50% strength and is at 80% effectiveness so it begins rebases from Townsville to Lae to begin naval interdiction.

In order to cover for this movement the AUS 1st RAAF, full strength 88% effectiveness, conducts an air raid on the airfield at Jayapura against the Japanese bombers reported to be there. The strikes inflict little damage and the RAAF suffers the minor losses (0 hits, 1 loss STR).

North China.
With no apparent opposition and the Japanese 12th Army cutoff, the Chinese 20th Army and 1st Army receive the extra supplies provided by the allies (supply trucks) and advance into the hills to the east of Ankang to setup defensive positions. The rest of the Chinese units move to form a single front line 100 miles east of Ankang that stretches 200 miles to the south and Changtei.

At the southern end of the line the worst unit, condition wise, is the Chinese 3rd Army. It has decent effectiveness 62%, but only a strength of 5 so it receives special supplies to bolster its ability to hold off a Chinese assault.

South China.
The Chinese front line shifts north as the Chinese Reserve Army retreats 50 miles to shorten its frontage.
The Flying Tigers have been decimated. They have an 87% effectiveness, but only a strength of 3.

Near the Indochina border the Chinese units begin to form a front line behind the river Hong.

USN
On the West Coast the 41st Div. deploys near San Francisco (game incorrectly list it as the 24th Div giving the USA two 24th divisions so I just chose the 41st and renamed it) and begins training for the inevitable beach landings.

After suffering heavy damage from air attacks the SS Swordfish enters Sydney Harbor for much needed repairs.

UK
The BB Valiant is deployed and moves to join the CVL Hermes fleet.

March 15th, 1942. Allied Production and Convoys

UK
66-5 (94-15)
Little upkeep and the stockpile is growing. 60 production a turn should be added to the stockpile so by mid-April I can buy a UK small Corp and have it available, hopefully by mid-June. Can the Indians hold out that long?

USA
382-20 (184-54)
My reinforcements are set a 258 and my upkeep is at 249. I know I am reinforcing the USAFFE (hence forth to be known as the Far East Air Group). Other than that I have some units on the West Coast, but not that much should be eating that much upkeep.

I have also earned a specialty that I have no idea what to do with. Next turn I should get to try and break the Japanese codes again.

I end all convoy routes and start sending 24 production to the UK and 7 production and 6 oil to Australia.

China
64-4 (53-30)
Everything going toward reinforcements.

I have 13 supply trucks remaining.

Australia
39-0 (0-32)
Everything going toward reinforcements. Oil is looking good.

India
51-6 (2-8)
India is getting 16 production and 2 oil from the UK. Still it is not enough to keep up with losses.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 68
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 10:23:24 PM   
incbob

Northern China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 69
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 10:23:55 PM   
incbob

Southern China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 70
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 10:24:28 PM   
incbob

Rangoon

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 71
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/7/2021 10:25:17 PM   
incbob

Australia and the Solomon Islands

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 72
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/8/2021 12:08:50 PM   
John B.

I can see that any help at all you can give to china so that it can build supply trucks is crucial.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 73
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/8/2021 1:52:59 PM   
incbob

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.
I can see that any help at all you can give to china so that it can build supply trucks is crucial.

Supply trucks are great for any nation's land or air units. A single supply truck gives +1 turn supply and +4% effectiveness above any other effectiveness the unit gains in a turn. So, if you can spend supply trucks on a unit a couple turns in a row they could gain +8% effectiveness.

Effectiveness = How good the unit fights (modified by unit stats and experience).

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 74
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/8/2021 1:55:15 PM   
incbob

March 29th, 1942. Japan Moves

I have been trying to figure out a decent method of telling about combat results. I think I finally figured it out. When there is a combat I will put the results in parenthesis with attacker losses first and then defender losses. Thus, (A2-D1) means the attack lost 2 and the defender lost 1.

India-Burma-Rangoon
This front is surprisingly quiet as the only attack occurs when the Japanese 15th Army attacks across the Irrawaddy river into jungle and the defending India 17th Div. No real results (A1-D0).

Australia-Solomon Islands
While patrolling north south of Manus the NZ 4th/5th Tac air group encounters the “Yakohama Home Force” and transports carrying the Japanese Teishin Shudan Bde. The Japan 1st Air Div. attempts to intercept the NZ bombers and a fight ensues. The game results are confusing. Before the battle the NZ air group had 14/20 strength and 91% effectiveness. Reading the results it looked to me like they had lost 7 strength points. However, looking at them they are at 13/20 strength and 76% effectiveness. I have posted a question on the forums enquiring.

Port Moresby again comes under air attack, but neither side has any significant losses.

North China.
The Chinese 1st Calvary, entrenched in the snowy hills 200 miles northeast of Chungking again comes under attack from the Japanese 13th Div with elements of the 2nd Air Div. (A1-D1)

The Japanese 17th and 20th Ind Bde attack the Chinese 3rd Army 100 miles northeast of Changtei forcing the 3rd Army to retreat (A0-D1)

South China.
On the Indochina border the Japanese 25th Army attacks the only unit that is not protected by a river, the Chinese 25th Army. After giving as good as it took the Chinese army retreats (A1-D1)

The Chinese Reserve Army, having retreated, continues to be attacked by Japanese units. The Japanese 40th Div, 18th Ind Bde, with elements of the 2nd Air Div attack the army trying to entrench in the hills to the southeast of Changsha (A1-D2), but the Reserve Army holds.

Out of Canton the Japanese 23rd army attacks across the Yong river and engages the entrenched Chinese 10th Army. The 10th inflicts slight damage before retreating. (A1-D0)

Convoys
No Japanese convoy attacks.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 75
RE: March 1st, 1942 - 5/8/2021 1:56:26 PM   
incbob

March 29th, 1942. Allied Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
The Indian 1st Corp, having retreated and rearmed, moves across the Irrawaddy river and takes the crossroads 100 miles north of Rangoon. The brand new Wazristan division also moves into the front line, but out of contact with Japanese units. General Giffard contemplates attacking the Japanese 15th Army at the crossroads just north of Rangoon. The attack would require units to cross the Irrawaddy and would only be successful if it included the 1st Corp. With the 1st Corp at a bare 43% effectiveness the General decides to delay the attack.

High command decides to combine the naval forces on east coast of Australia at Sydney. Townsville is left without a fleet, but now at Sydney the fleet consist of: UK BC Repulse, UK BB Ramillies, USA BB California and Arizona, AUS CA Canberra, the USA 17th DD, and the 11th and 14th CL/DD.

Both the USA Far East Air group and the AUS 1st RAAF conduct airstrikes on the Japanese 15th Air Division at Jayapura. The attacks are ineffectual (0-0).

North China.
The Chinese 3rd Army is completely spent (4 strength, 51 effectiveness). It retreats to Changtei and the Chinese units move their northward to fill in any gaps and form a single front line.

To the northeast of Chungking the 20th, 1st, and 27th Armies are all low in effectiveness. Chang Kai-shek makes the decision to spend the precious new supplies on these units and the 1st Calvary in order to boost them up. (I spend all but 2 supply trucks).

South China.
High command contemplates launching an attack against the Japanese 40th division in the hills southeast of Changsha. It is decided to wait until better weather.

Chang Kai-shek decided to replace General Hsi-shan Yen and put himself in command of the 2nd War Area HQ presiding over the Indochina border.

USN
The big news is the USA has its first transports (only 10). It immediately embarks the 40th Division in Los Angles and arrives in Pearl. Destination…unknown 😊

The CV Hornet reports for duty and is immediately ordered to join the Pacific Fleet at Pearl The Fleet at Pearl now consist of: CV Yorktown, Saratoga, and Hornet, BB Pennsylvania, Nevada, Maryland, and Nevada, CA New Orleans, and the 4th, 3rd, 14th, 13th, and 12th CL/DD squadrons.

Douglas MacArthur replaces Walter Short in command of the 1st Army HQ currently located in Los Angles.

UK
More big news the UK receives its first transports. The 11th E. African Division immediately embarks headed, via Ceylon, to Burma and to fight the Japanese.

Currently at the Ceylon fleet includes: CV Hermes, BB Valiant and Revenge, CA Exeter and Cornwall.

March 29th, 1942. Allied Production and Convoys

UK
102-5 (180-5)
The UK has got to get its oil stockpile higher. With 180 in the stockpile, 0 upkeep, I purchase the 10th Corp (small, 1942 anti-tank).
I reconstitute the India trade route and provide them with 25 production (I don’t think I have enough MM for that and I think they can last a turn or two without the oil.)
I know America is close to breaking the Japanese codes so I purchase a COMINT unit that will be available April 26th.

USA
384-20 (340-55)
My upkeep is finally below 200 at 197.
I build 3 sets, 30 MM, which should be available around late September or early October 1942.
I reconstitute all trade convoys. I send 3 oil to India and 14 production and 3 oil to both Australia and New Zealand.
Next turn I should get to try and break the Japanese codes.

China
64-4 (42-33)
China makes me laugh. Their oil supply is great. The only thing that uses it is the Flying Tigers. I wish I could tell the allies to keep their oil.
I buy 1 set,10, supply trucks. I wish I could buy more.

Australia
18-6 (1-31)
Oil looking good. All production going to reinforcement.

India
52-6 (5-11)
All production going to reinforcement.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 76
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 2:03:34 PM   
incbob

Overview

I think if you download the image you can zoom in really far. I was surprised by how much when I did it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 77
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 2:05:31 PM   
incbob

Northern China

Note the Chinese units with the green square in the top right corner. Those are the units that received supply trucks.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 78
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 2:06:41 PM   
incbob

Southern China and Indochina Border

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 79
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 2:07:22 PM   
incbob

India-Burma

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 80
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 2:08:31 PM   
incbob

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 81
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 3:10:02 PM   
incbob

TOP SECRET. FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

The Plan.

This will take about a month to pull off, but here is the plan.

April 12th
US Task Force 17 leaves Pearl escorting the US 40th Division moving towards the Samoa Islands. The SS Pike moves to Port Moresby for refuel/resupply.

April 26th
The SS Pike will leave Port Moresby and proceed to a point northwest of the Solomon Islands where it will stand picket guard for any Japanese fleet movements.

The Australian task force currently located at Port Sydney, hereafter Force K, will move to a position 150 miles west of Bougainville where it will begin patrolling.

US Task Force 17 will be refueled/resupplied by fleet oilers. It will then proceed with the 40th division to San Cristobal where the 40th division will disembark. At the same time the NZ 4th/5th Tactical Air group will rebase to the island.

The plan changed after I realized that I had already built some supply oilers for the USA and reading how they worked. The Green should be coming from the east not the south. Also, I might not move Force K, the blue so far north and sit them a little more south.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by incbob -- 5/8/2021 3:13:16 PM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 82
RE: March 29, 1942 - 5/8/2021 4:40:03 PM   
incbob

Okay. I have an American Specialty available. How should I spend it?

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 83
April 12th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 4:52:49 PM   
incbob

April 12th, 1942. Japan Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
As expected, the India 1st Corp comes under attack from the Japanese 22nd Army, 12th Base Force, and 121st Base Force. After inflicting heavy casualties on the Japanese, the 1st Corp retreats (A3-D1). The Japanese 22nd Army and 121st Base force then cross the Irrawaddy river and attack the India 17th Div. The 17th division takes slight losses and holds (A0-D1).

North China.
200 miles to the east of Chungking the Japanese 17th and 20th Ind Bde cross the Jinsha river and attack the Chinese 22nd Army with little casualties on either side. (0-0)

South China.
The Japanese 40th Div, 11th Army, and 18th Ind Bde again attack the Chinese Reserve Army. The Reserve holds with slight losses (A0-D1).

Convoys
The Japanese I-16 performs 4 separate attack on convoys from the USA to either Australia or New Zealand. It gets 0 success and is sunk for its effort. 😊

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 84
RE: April 12th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 4:53:24 PM   
incbob

April 12th, 1942. Allied Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
General Giffard orders the India 2nd Bde, 14th and 17th divisions, with support from the 1st IAF to attack the 121st Base force holding the crossroads north of Rangoon. The attack suffers some losses, heavy in the air, but succeeds and the 14th Div. moves northeast to take the crossroads north of Rangoon (land A1-D0, air A2-D0).
The UK E. African Division arrives at Chittagong.

Australia
The NZ 4th/5th performs an airstrike on the I-10 patrolling 100 miles to the south of Manus. No effect.
The USA Far East air group performs airstrikes on the Japanese 1st Air Div. at Jayapura. The though US pilots take more loses, their commander knows that the US can replace those losses easier than the Japanese can (A2-D1).

China.
Some shifting of units. Chang-kai Shek wants his units to attack, but his field commanders advise against it.

USN
The USA gets 10 more transports and the 27th Div. deploys to the north of San Francisco.
Task Force 17, including 3CVs, 4BB’s, 1CA, and 5DD’s escorts the 40th Division to 300 miles to the northeast of the Samoa Islands.
SS Pike moves to Port Moresby for resupply.
General MacArthur embarks and reports to Hawaii.

April 12th, 1942. Allied Production and Convoys

UK
66-5 (65-03)
3 oil stockpile, 5 oil production and 6 oil upkeep.

USA
386-20 (251-50)
Oil upkeep next turn with go through the roof as all the fleets are out and about.
I purchase 10 sets (100) landing craft. They should be available in July.
My upkeep is at 121. I realized where all the upkeep was and is going. It is also for upgrades ands a lot of the naval and air units have to be upgraded.
I again spend 60 intelligence points to try and break the Japanese codes and am again unsuccessful.
I end the Australian convoy and start a convoy route to the UK providing the UK 6 oil and 11 production. This is going to kill the US oil, but the UK needs oil. Next turn it will probably go back to Australia.

China
64-4 (34-56)
Only 42 upkeep. Whooh. I decide to keep the stockpile and not spend it thinking that I will need it for reinforcements later.

Australia
28-3 (0-34)

India
64-7 (21-15)

Other
Did not mention, but last turn Canada bought 2 sets (20) supply trucks and this turn Communist China purchases 2 sets (20) supply trucks.

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 85
RE: April 12th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 4:54:53 PM   
incbob

China

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 86
RE: April 12th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 4:56:08 PM   
incbob

Burma

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 87
RE: April 12th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 4:59:04 PM   
incbob

Solomon Islands

Attachment (1)

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 88
April 26th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 7:12:46 PM   
incbob

April 26th, 1942. Japan Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
The Japanese 22nd Army and 12th Base Force attacked the India 14th Div. forcing it to retreat (A2-D2).

The Wazristan Division comes under heavy airstrikes from the 15th and 13th Air Divisions, but they are ineffectual, and some losses are inflicted on the 13th Air div (A1-D0). Expecting the air strikes to have weakened the Wazristan Division the Japanese attack with the 22nd Army, but the Wazristan division fends off the attack (A3-D2).

South Pacific
The Japanese invade Guadalcanal with the 72nd Div. and move to invade New Ireland with the several units. The NZ 4th/5th Tac Air group intercepts both groups. The New Ireland group is massive, and the air group suffers some losses while getting little results (A2-D0). But against the 72nd Div. the air group inflicts heavy losses (A0-D6).

North China.
The Chinese 1st Calvary, which has performed exemplary, comes under a small attack from the Japanese 13th Div. Little losses on either side (A0-D0).

South China.
The Chinese Reserve Army again comes under attack from the Japanese 40th Div, 11th Army, 18th Ind Bde, and units of the 5th Air Div. The Reserve Army holds (A1-D1). The Chinese 12th Army also comes under attack from the 18th Bde and the 13th Army. The 12th Army does retreat, but after giving slight casualties to the attackers (A1-D0).

Indochina border
The Japanese 25th Army attacks the Chinese 25th Army forcing it to retreat with heavy losses (A0-D2). The Japanese 25th Army is then joined by the 21st Div, which has to cross the Hong river, in an assault on the Chinese 6th Army. The 6th takes some slight casualties and retreats (A0-D1).

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 89
RE: April 26th, 1942 - 5/8/2021 7:13:31 PM   
incbob

April 26th, 1942. Allied Moves

India-Burma-Rangoon
The UK, working with Thailand resistance, inserts special operatives 100 miles east of Moulmein. It is hoped that these special forces will give intelligence of the movement and units of the Japanese attacking Burma.
The India Lahore Division deploys to Calcutta, the UK 11th E. African (hereafter 11th EA) Div. disembarks at Chittagong, and the Indian Madras Naval Base Force (hereafter Madras) moves toward the Burmese front.
General Giffard considers an attack against the Japanese 22nd Army, which he thinks should be weakened, but frontline reports say that the division has not been weakened and any attacks would be disastrous, so any attacks are called off.
The UK Burma HQ embarks in South Africa headed for Burma.

Solomon Islands
US Task Force 17 is resupplied by oilers and moves off the coast of San Cristobal with the 40th Div. Force K leaves Sydney and takes up patrolling just 150 miles to the south of Rabaul and the SS Pike begins patrolling 200 miles north of Manus.
The NZ 4th/5th air group rebases to San Cristobal and the AUS 1st RAAF rebases to Milne Bay.
The US Far East air group conducts an airstrike against come Japanese coastal patrol boats north of Lae.

South China.
Though the ground is covered with snow the Chinese 17th Army, in Changsha, and the 11th Army and Reserve Army attacks the Japanese 40th division. Neither side takes any noticeable casualties. The Reserve Army then retreats taking up defenses south of Changsha.

USN
The BB North Carolina deploys to Los Angles and immediately moves to Pearl.
The MacArthur HQ and the Marine Def Garrison embark and begin moving they only make it to off Samoa.

Allied Production and Convoys

UK
83-11 (123-7)
Oil uses is very high right now. Now have 20 transports, all in use. Hoping to save up and either buy another Infantry Corp or some air power.

USA
389-20 (242-39)
UK oil use is very high right now so I cannot change the UK convoy. I purchase 2 airfields and 4 supply oilers.
Convoys are again redone. 9 oil to UK, 14 production to both Australia and New Zealand.
I purchase I COMINT unit.

China
65-4 (6-40)

Australia
9-0 (9-33)
No oil use, but I have a stockpile to last a while.

India
64-7 (20-20)
Should be okay.

UK now has 20 transports and the USA has 30. Next turn the UK gets 10 more and the US gets more on the May 24th turn.

< Message edited by incbob -- 5/8/2021 7:14:15 PM >

(in reply to incbob)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> After Action Reports >> March 1st, 1942 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI