Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

'Operation Barbarossa' won't install :(

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> 'Operation Barbarossa' won't install :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
'Operation Barbarossa' won't install :( - 8/27/2003 12:32:48 PM   
Aetius_Varras

When I pop in the CD, I get the install box up, when I click 'Install Operation Barbarossa Expansion' all I get is this:

'This program cannot run without the original CD in the drive'

I only have one cd-rom drive(E:), just exactly how can I install this expansion with the IL-2 FB CD in the drive, are the contents mysteriously teleported through the air??? I've tried putting FB in the CD-RW drive(D:) all I get is 'This program is not responding' screen freezes. I can't seem to get through step 4. of the Installation procedure in the players guide. This is so ridiculous, IL-2FB is already on my HD, what do they want me to do??? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

BTW, JUST FLIGHT has non-responsive product support about this.
Post #: 1
- 8/30/2003 5:20:57 AM   
Paul Vebber

I tried to figure this out, to the point of going out and buying a copy of FB to see what is going on with it. I installed FB to the default directory, removed the FB disk, and then installed the OB game using the OB disk. It never asked FB disk - by "original disk' it means the original OB CD, not the FB disk or a copy of the OB disk.

Can you explor the contents of the OB disk? it may be that you got a damaged OB disk. How did you purchase the game?

Sorry for the delay...

(in reply to Aetius_Varras)
Post #: 2
- 8/30/2003 10:03:26 AM   
Aetius_Varras

Thanks for the response, no need to apologize about any delay..

It was suggested I reinstall Il-2-FB and try again, once again all I get is:

'This program cannot run without the original CD in the drive'

Even with autorun ebabled this thing will not install, and this is on a new/high-end system. Typing the .exe in the run window does nothing either. I can explore the following files, such as:
Data
Extras
Menusound
directx
IL-2Patch
autorun
start
Docs
IMDATA
fstype.dll
start.apm
start(AutoPlay menu)

I purchased the add-on at Chips&Bits, and have the order slip.
http://www.chipsbits.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home

Think I'm going to go ahead send this back and get a refund on Tuesday, I'm tired of dealing with this defective product.

Thanks,

Once again, justflight.com was only able to give me a 'Best Regards, CHRIS DOVE' as product support in response to this problem.

(in reply to Aetius_Varras)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> 'Operation Barbarossa' won't install :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI