Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which DLC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Which DLC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which DLC - 5/15/2021 8:30:01 AM   
mikek1357

Hi all,

What campaign DLC is good to start out with?

P.s. I love lengthy campaigns
Post #: 1
RE: Which DLC - 5/15/2021 10:26:14 AM   
ultradave

Duplicate. Error the first post then it showed up.

Dave

< Message edited by ultradave -- 5/15/2021 5:25:48 PM >

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to mikek1357)
Post #: 2
RE: Which DLC - 5/15/2021 10:40:23 AM   
ultradave

Best advice I'd give is to check over the descriptions and pick the one that interests you the most. That's the one you'll enjoy most.

Each have some unique features. Northern Inferno you always play NATO, countering the Soviet advance. Silent Service is low unit count and slow paced missions. Chains of War and Kashmir Fire are "timely" and you switch sides between some scenarios. Shifting Sands and Desert Storm have historical scenarios, with some speculative ones added, unlike the others which are all hypothetical.

Also, not DLC, but the Northern Fury (and other Furies) campaign in the Community Scenario Pack will keep you busy pretty much... well, forever probably.

Hope that helps. The descriptions on the Matrix Games web site of each are pretty comprehensive. You can't really go wrong :-)

Dave

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to mikek1357)
Post #: 3
RE: Which DLC - 5/15/2021 1:02:10 PM   
thewood1

The Shifting Sands covers a relatively long period of time so you get to see some of the evolution in air and naval combat. If I had to choose one, it would be that one.

It also has a few smaller and more manageable scenarios in it. Some of the DLC and community scenarios are monsters and a new player can easily get lost and frustrated.

edit, its not a campaign in the sense that a gamer thinks of campaign, but its still interesting and covers a lot of years.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 5/15/2021 1:27:06 PM >

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 4
RE: Which DLC - 5/17/2021 2:45:31 PM   
FMBluecher

The above advice is really good. If you've read all the DLC descriptions and all the advice above and nothing still sticks out to you, I'd recommend Desert Storm, as long as you don't mind doing primarily air ops. The DLC often gives you a harder challenge than the Coalition faced in reality--making the air ops more interesting to sim--but it's still not too hard for a newer player. Playing through it really helped me establish a lot of good habits and made me more comfortable playing larger scenarios than I used to be.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Which DLC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI